• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why are atheistse so desperate to insist all Christians are "young earthers?"[W:991]

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Not that there's anything wrong or faulty about being "young earthers," don't get me wrong.

To believe that the earth was created in 6 24-hour days, and the humans came from Adam and Eve,
is not a deal-breaker. God didn't say to believe that earth is young (or old).....he said to believe that He is THE Creator.

Perhaps, some of the descriptions of the universe were meant for the future generation (like us).....since we're so far removed from that ancient time when God was performing huge miracles.
Perhaps, these descriptions were meant for science to reveal what God wants us to know, providing clues that point to Him - leading us to the water so to speak, but not forcing us to drink (and in some instances, maybe to "baffle" science just as it starts to pride itself of being able to explain how the universe came to be without the need for a God, and it starts being like a god itself).

Refer to the topic The Bible, for details about some of the descriptions written in the Bible, that were later on confirmed by science.

Contrary to what anti-Gods or anti-Christians want everyone to believe, Christianity is based on reason.
How can it not be, when God had given us critical thinking that we may be able to discern?
You need critical thinking to discern.

If real science - I say "real" because there is such a thing called "pseudo-science" - are finding credible evidences, how can we not go along with it? Looking back, so many Christian scientists had founded some of the disciplines of science - some of them, relying on the Bible for guidance.
So....science can also be a tool by God.

Christians - discerning carefully - can go where the evidence is.
Atheists, on the other hand, cannot. The atheist is confined to a difficult position that there cannot be a god or God. The very existence of such an ideology can only depend on that belief.

Because Christians can easily go where the evidence leads, militant atheists are so desperate to insist that all Christians are young-earthers. It never fails. When atheists want to mock Christianity - they bring up "young earthers," or "Special Creationists" (those who believe in the literal narrative of Genesis).
Because by doing so, they can smugly say that, believing in "young earth" is "unreasonable" and "ignorant"....after all, they say, "we have science to prove them wrong!"

The irony of them, invoking science! :lol:

That's how I see it - why atheists lump all Christians together as "young-earthers." How many times had it been explained or pointed out by other Christians that not all Christians believe in "young earth," yet to no avail, you see that being used by atheists.

If there's any other explanation why they would insist - kindly explain.

Last edited:
re: Why are atheistse so desperate to insist all Christians are "young earthers?"[W:991]

Do you realize that you just made a blanket statement accusing ALL Atheist of accusing all Christians of being young earthers?....

Perhaps learning not to paint any given group with a broad brush would be a good place to start.

Not that there's anything wrong or faulty about being "young earthers," don't get me wrong.

To believe that the earth was created in 6 24-hour days, and the humans came from Adam and Eve,
is not a deal-breaker. God didn't say to believe that earth is young (or old).....he said to believe that He is THE Creator.

Perhaps, some of the descriptions of the universe were meant for the future generation (like us).....since we're so far removed from that ancient time when God was performing huge miracles.
Perhaps, these descriptions were meant for science to reveal what God wants us to know, providing clues that point to Him - leading us to the water so to speak, but not forcing us to drink (and in some instances, maybe to "baffle" science just as it starts to pride itself of being able to explain how the universe came to be without the need for a God, and it starts being like a god itself).

Refer to the topic The Bible, for details about some of the descriptions written in the Bible, that were later on confirmed by science.

Contrary to what anti-Gods or anti-Christians want everyone to believe, Christianity is based on reason.
How can it not be, when God had given us critical thinking that we may be able to discern?

If real science - I say "real" because there is such a thing called "pseudo-science" - are finding credible evidences, how can we not go along with it? Looking back, so many Christian scientists had founded some of the disciplines of science - some of them, relying on the Bible for guidance.

Atheists, on the other hand, cannot. The atheist is confined to a difficult position that there cannot be a god or God. The very existence of such an ideology can only depend on that belief.

Because Christians can easily go where the evidence leads, militant atheists are so desperate to insist that all Christians are young-earthers. It never fails. When atheists want to mock Christianity - they bring up "young earthers," or "Special Creationists" (those who believe in the literal narrative of Genesis).
Because by doing so, they can smugly say that, believing in "young earth" is "unreasonable" and "ignorant"....after all, they say, "we have science to prove them wrong!"

That's how I see it - why atheists lump all Christians together as "young-earthers." How many times had it been explained or pointed out by other Christians that not all Christians believe in "young earth," yet to no avail, you see that being used by atheists.

re: Why are atheistse so desperate to insist all Christians are "young earthers?"[W:991]

God didn't "create" the earth. The earth formed by gravity gathering stardust, specifically a tiny bit of debris from an exploding star, most of which was gathered up by what we call the sun. /thread.

I just find it amusing that anyone presenting themselves as psychologically and intellectually superior to a particular person or group embraces a primary personal identification based on the definitions of that group.

If there are no theists, then there would be no atheists. Defining one's self by negative terms based on the definitions of the reviled just seems, well, negative.

God didn't "create" the earth. The earth formed by gravity gathering stardust, specifically a tiny bit of debris from an exploding star, most of which was gathered up by what we call the sun. /thread.

Babe Ruth didn't create any home runs either by that standard.

If compliance with natural law negates the cause effect relationship of all things, then nothing is caused and there are no effects.

I just find it amusing that anyone presenting themselves as psychologically and intellectually superior to a particular person or group embraces a primary personal identification based on the definitions of that group.

If there are no theists, then there would be no atheists. Defining one's self by negative terms based on the definitions of the reviled just seems, well, negative.

Here's why. Until you pull **** out of your arses, I have no need to ask you to provide evidence to substantiate it. Stop pulling **** out of your arse without good reason and I'll stop rejecting your ****ty claims.

I don't define myself by your delusions about one aspect of existence as much as you appear to need to feel that you are getting so much attention, I simply reject your delusions until you can show that you know. That is in fact psychologically and intellectually superior to claiming delusions are real and trying to prove to yourself that your faith is justified.

Babe Ruth didn't create any home runs either by that standard.

If compliance with natural law negates the cause effect relationship of all things, then nothing is caused and there are no effects.
When we look at quark interactions, it's very difficult to discern natural law which governs them. So, no one really knows yet exactly how protons are bound together in the nucleus of atoms. But they are. And, we know it's quarks not god binding them.

Sorry Tosca but we atheists do not care what particular brand of magic you religious people believe in. Just as long as you do not try to impose your irrationality on the rest of us.

Sorry Tosca but we atheists do not care what particular brand of magic you religious people believe in. Just as long as you do not try to impose your irrationality on the rest of us.

Ironically, it is the religious that appear to be most concerned about what brand of delusion that others find acceptable to their personal worldview.

Here we have conservative dolt who likes his delusion to have a hint of the authoritarian.
Here we have the liberal dolt who likes his delusion to have a hint of forgiveness.
Here we have the extremist dolt who likes his delusion to be a about war and conflict.
Here we have all brands of the deluded convinced that the other delusions are heretical.
What fun!

Nobody in these forums has ever suggested that all Christians are Young Earthers.

Nobody in these forums has ever suggested that all Christians are Young Earthers.

Did you not get the email from the Atheist Central Committee?

Here's why. Until you pull **** out of your arses, I have no need to ask you to provide evidence to substantiate it. Stop pulling **** out of your arse without good reason and I'll stop rejecting your ****ty claims.

I don't define myself by your delusions about one aspect of existence as much as you appear to need to feel that you are getting so much attention, I simply reject your delusions until you can show that you know. That is in fact psychologically and intellectually superior to claiming delusions are real and trying to prove to yourself that your faith is justified.

The point is, though, I don't force any idea upon you. YOU just seem to be outraged that I hold certain opinions with which you aspire to disagree without even understanding them.

That's what I find amusing. I'm laughing at this conundrum right now. :)

Why is it important YOU that I agree with YOU? I would think that it would be enough that you are free to believe as you like.

Does psychological and intellectual superiority require majority support?

The point is, though, I don't force any idea upon you. YOU just seem to be outraged that I hold certain opinions with which you aspire to disagree without even understanding them.

That's what I find amusing. I'm laughing at this conundrum right now. :)

Why is it important YOU that I agree with YOU? I would think that it would be enough that you are free to believe as you like.

No. It is when the deluded actually do force their ideas on me that it becomes important. If people are content and harmless with their delusions then they don't need treatment, it's when they start thinking that the voices in their head are a good way to organise reality that they need to be segregated from rational folks and given conversion therapy.

When we look at quark interactions, it's very difficult to discern natural law which governs them. So, no one really knows yet exactly how protons are bound together in the nucleus of atoms. But they are. And, we know it's quarks not god binding them.

We also know that Newtonian Physics does not apply at the subatomic level as it does in the visible world.

This was not anticipated.

God has a sense of humor.

It seems that Tosca 1 and the group he critiques share a need to justify their positions by the terms of others.

We also know that Newtonian Physics does not apply at the subatomic level as it does in the visible world.

It was anticipated. As soon as scientists started looking at reality and finding Newtonian Physics did not quite work out then they anticipated that something must be missing from the model. They then started looking for the missing pieces while, the deluded stood back and tried to poke holes for philosophistic reasons.

I didn't hear of any deluded people noticing the problem while reading their books of delusion.

There are a lot of things we do not know nor can anticipate. Which is as it should be.

There have been threads on exactly the topic of Young Earthers. The implication being that denial of whatever the defined short time might be, denial of that is denial of the whole faith thing.

Not much different than the debates on how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

If you have faith, proof is useless and if you have proof, faith in not needed: The bedrock of political party affiliation.

No. It is when the deluded actually do force their ideas on me that it becomes important. If people are content and harmless with their delusions then they don't need treatment, it's when they start thinking that the voices in their head are a good way to organise reality that they need to be segregated from rational folks and given conversion therapy.

Ah-ha!

And by what arbitration is this recommended segregation to be enforced?

There have been threads on exactly the topic of Young Earthers. The implication being that denial of whatever the defined short time might be, denial of that is denial of the whole faith thing.

Not much different than the debates on how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

If you have faith, proof is useless and if you have proof, faith in not needed: The bedrock of political party affiliation.

YECs are the most deluded of the deluded and in my experience the most dishonest.

That said, I have never seen any atheist claim that ALL Christians are Young Earthers.

Despite their general delusions, there are some Christians not prepared to completely sell their soul for an Ussher extrapolation that does not approximate to reality.

Ah-ha!

And by what arbitration is this recommended segregation to be enforced?

The Atheist Central Committee will find them, don't worry.

It was anticipated. As soon as scientists started looking at reality and finding Newtonian Physics did not quite work out then they anticipated that something must be missing from the model. They then started looking for the missing pieces while, the deluded stood back and tried to poke holes for philosophistic reasons.

I didn't hear of any deluded people noticing the problem while reading their books of delusion.

You seem to be tying this to the discussion of the religious trying to support their ideas.

Did the groups of the religious embrace Newtonian Physics, but reject Quantum Physics? How does the group you seem to be citing feel about the work of Einstein?

Is Einstein to be considered a dullard for not whole heartedly embracing Quantum Physics?

On the one hand you say that this group that you attack rejects science and then go on to say they reject science. Sounds like you're talking about the same hand.

You seem to be tying this to the discussion of the religious trying to support their ideas.

Did the groups of the religious embrace Newtonian Physics, but reject Quantum Physics? How does the group you seem to be citing feel about the work of Einstein?

Is Einstein to be considered a dullard for not whole heartedly embracing Quantum Physics?

On the one hand you say that this group that you attack rejects science and then go on to say they reject science. Sounds like you're talking about the same hand.

No. Try again.

There are a lot of things we do not know nor can anticipate. Which is as it should be.

Quest and question seem to have the same root.

Science and religion seek the same understanding, but follow separate quests to find it.

The different searches for understanding have seemed to spawn various misunderstandings. In both religion and science, unwise questions are not always helpful. In both, the Gestalt Revelation often occurs.

Wonder is wonder and it presents itself to various individuals in various ways.

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?" -Robert Browning

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/robert_browning_108884

YECs are the most deluded of the deluded and in my experience the most dishonest.

That said, I have never seen any atheist claim that ALL Christians are Young Earthers.

Despite their general delusions, there are some Christians not prepared to completely sell their soul for an Ussher extrapolation that does not approximate to reality.

I've never been a devotee of the Young Earth thought process and so had not ever heard of Ussher. Googled it. Thank you.

I'm an American and, therefore, just a little parochial in my thinking. In my experience, AMERICAN Christians are not a unified group. There are Catholics, Traditional Protestants and the New Age Types. Within these very, very general classifications are the strongly devoted to the simply "raised as", but "fallen away" types.

The Young Earthers are probably confined to the group(s) that accept the Bible literally and are therefore are a very, very narrow slice of the whole.

This group seems to be about the least threatening to me of any group of any people on the Planet.

If they find comfort and happiness in this set of beliefs and they seek no harm for others, let 'er rip!

Back
Top Bottom