• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

who would get to vote on leaving iraq

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
if the government even considered pulling out of iraq who would get to vote on it
 
G

gdalton

Thats a good one, I would say let the people of Iraq vote on it.
 

mikeey

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
776
Reaction score
93
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
skabanger13 let the American people deside,and i think yes pull out,because
the soldiers of the USA are Salt of the EARTH. GOD BLESS THESE GUYS.

SO GO ON HOME TO THERE LOVE ONES.

regards Mikeey
 

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
mikeey said:
skabanger13 let the American people deside,and i think yes pull out,because
the soldiers of the USA are Salt of the EARTH. GOD BLESS THESE GUYS.

SO GO ON HOME TO THERE LOVE ONES.

regards Mikeey


If the soldiers of the US are the salt of the earth why not let them be the ones who decide whether or not they get to come home?
 

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
2,272
Reaction score
153
Location
South Shore of Long Island.
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
If the soldiers of the US are the salt of the earth why not let them be the ones who decide whether or not they get to come home?
How about the soldiers can stay there if they really want to but then they won't be backed by our government? What we should do is let the Iraqi people decide. That sounds like a good idea.
 

TheTruth

New member
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
letting the american people decide is terrible in my humble opinion, why should they get to say whether a country has a bunch of soldiers armed to the teeth in their territory? i wouldn't worry mikeey, the iraqis want them out as much as/more than they want to go home.
 

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
TheTruth said:
letting the american people decide is terrible in my humble opinion, why should they get to say whether a country has a bunch of soldiers armed to the teeth in their territory? i wouldn't worry mikeey, the iraqis want them out as much as/more than they want to go home.

so now your speaking for the Iraq people, and our military. what makes you so impotent, oh i mean important? truth of the matter is none of us will get to decide because they'll be over their intell they aren't needed any more, no matter what any one says.
 

TheTruth

New member
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
skabanger13 said:
so now your speaking for the Iraq people, and our military. what makes you so impotent, oh i mean important? truth of the matter is none of us will get to decide because they'll be over their intell they aren't needed any more, no matter what any one says.
LMAO, you asked the question, why ask if none of it matters? impotent... that was mature...
i'm speaking on behalf of iraqis because i have seen the amount demonstrating against the occupation and i have also seen them blowing themselves up to get the troops out of there, did you miss all of that?

and yes i can confidently say your soldiers want to get out of there, does anybody *WANT* to be in a place where they have to risk their lives and *KILL* others? they must be pretty sadistic people if they do.

i look forward to your next post, do you think the iraqis want the occupation? do you think the soldiers want to be there? you know the answer to both of them, but thanks for making yourself look pathetic.
 

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
TheTruth said:
LMAO, you asked the question, why ask if none of it matters? impotent... that was mature...
i'm speaking on behalf of iraqis because i have seen the amount demonstrating against the occupation and i have also seen them blowing themselves up to get the troops out of there, did you miss all of that?

and yes i can confidently say your soldiers want to get out of there, does anybody *WANT* to be in a place where they have to risk their lives and *KILL* others? they must be pretty sadistic people if they do.

i look forward to your next post, do you think the iraqis want the occupation? do you think the soldiers want to be there? you know the answer to both of them, but thanks for making yourself look pathetic.
OK number one you have seen the Iraq people protesting. you have seen what the liberal media is letting you see, of course their not going to show you the good stuff our troops are doing and the Iraqis that like us than they would have to admit that this war isn't all bad. the " Iraqi " people blowing them selfs up are aren't Iraq people they are insurgents from surrounding countries, who are blowing up people from Iraq that support democracy.
second as fare as the soldiers, what do you say to the ones that are their because they volunteered to go their, and yes some even choose to sign up agen to stay their. sadestic i thank not, i believe they see the good they are doing and say i want to be a part of this. I SIR AM A SOLDIER MY BLOOD RUNS RED WHITE AND BLUE, I SUPPORT MY COUNTRY AND MY PRESIDENT, AND NOT BECAUSE I HAVE TO BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO, AND IF I GET THE CHANCE TO SERVE IN IRAQ I WILL DO SO WITH PRIDE. :2usflag:
 

TheTruth

New member
Joined
Sep 10, 2005
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
skabanger13 said:
the " Iraqi " people blowing them selfs up are aren't Iraq people they are insurgents from surrounding countries, who are blowing up people from Iraq that support democracy.
second as fare as the soldiers, what do you say to the ones that are their because they volunteered to go their, and yes some even choose to sign up agen to stay their. sadestic i thank not, i believe they see the good they are doing and say i want to be a part of this. I SIR AM A SOLDIER MY BLOOD RUNS RED WHITE AND BLUE, I SUPPORT MY COUNTRY AND MY PRESIDENT, AND NOT BECAUSE I HAVE TO BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO, AND IF I GET THE CHANCE TO SERVE IN IRAQ I WILL DO SO WITH PRIDE. :2usflag:
even the ones that volunteered to go there do not *WANT* to be there, if there was no war they wouldn't think "i want to go to iraq and kill those people" they are serving their countries wishes which i can respect. i hope you see my point, i am saying they are there because they are serving their country, they do want to serve their country, but they don't want to be there, if you understand, its hard for me to put it into words because it is 2 in the morning here and i'm sleepy :( i will try to have a better crack at it tomorrow.
 

skabanger13

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
an what I'm trying to say is their are allot of solders their not because their unites are deployed, but because they asked for people to volunteer to go to Iraq and they raised their hands and said ill go. than when it was time to come home they said ill stay for another rotation.they are their because they believe in the cause they are fighting for.
 
Top Bottom