• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

Who to Blame for Obamacares' Failures?

• Total voters
The idea behind the Emancipation Proclamation was Republican too but the Republicans are still cast as a racist bunch.

Are they a racist bunch? If not, you agree with me. Truth has nothing to do with aspersions.

So we will put boo down for a vote for "blame Republicans for the actions of Democrats".

Why, I'll bet that that congitive dissonance doesn't even hurt any more, does it, eh?

That would be incorrect. I say both will share blame and praise, depending on how it pans out. Democrats did let the tea party demonizing influence them and did implement republican ideas. They too can't escape responsibility for that. Everyone is responsible for the things they are responsible for.

Are they a racist bunch? If not, you agree with me. Truth has nothing to do with aspersions.

Do you cast them as such? I know the lefties do it on more than an occasional basis.

Do you cast them as such? I know the lefties do it on more than an occasional basis.

Nope. I don't. Those things are better judged based on specific actions and individuals.

Don't worry about him too much Boo. Notice how quickly he ran away when I pointed out he was lying about referencing the CBO, and showed what the CBO actually said. It's kinda typical. He just made this thread for a right wing circle jerk, facts are not welcome here.

Not voting for the bill has no bearing on whether past behavior occurred. I'm not sure who you think your logic is geared towards, but it's a child-like thinking that I ain't swallowing.

Last edited:
Not the issue. The ideas, not the vote, were republican in origin. Sorry.

This is skewing reality, and seeing how some on your side have enjoyed lambasting people for obvious skews through omission, I figured I'd join in.

You state the "ideas" of the Bill were republican in origin, obviously trying to suggest multiple and giving no atempt what so ever to specific which but to simply state it broadly and to give no input as to the context of those ideas. To borrow a phrase from another poster here...this is like a child eating just his dessert and saying that he ate what was given to him. In terms of the ACA and the former republican "ideas":

At best you can say SOME of hte ideas were "republican" in origin, and even that is just picking at dessert while ignoring the main course.

I don't support Obamacare.

I feel lonely...

A good number of the major ideas were. Yes, republican in origin. I didn't think CP need specification. if he did, and told me, I'd have been then willing to specify.

There is no way for it to do otherwise.

That's nothing but your unsubstantiated opinion. Unless you have gone into the future and seen for certain, it is an ASSUMPTION.

Re: A Sucker Born Every Minute…

Again, YOUR unsubstantiated opinion... which is quite worthless when attempting to present facts about future failure or success.

Sort of. Prefaced upon the description of how it is currently failing.

Then perhaps you should have reworded your poll to reflect accuracy.

Then perhaps you should have reworded your poll to reflect accuracy.

:shrug: I'd argue that we haven't gotten past the "denial" phase of mourning yet, but sure.

Btw, cp... I read the links in the OP. There was so much you misrepresented, I didn't even bother posting... mostly because you're not going to listen anyway and because your OP is a false premise, anyhow, making your entire point irrelevant.

:shrug: I'd argue that we haven't gotten past the "denial" phase of mourning yet, but sure.

And your argument would be wrong. If you want denial, look in the mirror. There's plenty on both sides of the aisle. You tend to ignore that on your side.

Btw, cp... I read the links in the OP. There was so much you misrepresented, I didn't even bother posting... mostly because you're not going to listen anyway and because your OP is a false premise, anyhow, making your entire point irrelevant.

I always like when people do the "drive by" gosh-you're-just-so-wrong-that-I-can't-take-the-time-to-explain-why response.

CC, I actually had someone use telepathic powers to read your mind, pull out your arguments, and I then listed and defeated them all. However, I'm not going to post any of those responses because :shrug: it's not like you would read them. In the meantime, the links are simply what pops up first on the google search when I look back for the stories I remember :shrug: most of them are conservative sources (because that is who is interested in keeping tabs on the ongoing failures inside the Obamacare implementation efforts) citing non-partisan primary sources such as the IRS and CBO.

see how foolish that sounds?

And your argument would be wrong.

That's fantastic to hear. Please link or quote the Obamacare supporters who have passed that phase and are now either on to bargaining or acceptance. I would be fascinated to see how fast the left-wing recognition of the disaster that this piece of legislation is turning into is proceeding.

If you want denial, look in the mirror. There's plenty on both sides of the aisle.

:yawn: and both sides are full of good people and bad people and stupid people and smart people and so on and so forth and qualifier ad nauseum. Which alters the problems that this poorly-thought-out attempt to re-work 1/8th of our economy through mass-bureaucracy is experiencing not a whit.

It would be nice if YOU could recognize when you misrepresent things. But even when confronted, you deny these things. Here... the first link:

Your quote is "Seven million will lose insurance under Obama health law". This is not what the article says. What it says is that these people will CHOOSE to pay penalties rather than pay for Obamacare. You misrepresented... not surprisingly. It's what you do.

Now, if you had actually presented an HONEST and accurate OP question, this might be different. But you didn't. I have found it mostly useless to confront you on your misrepresentations. You just do them again. It is far simpler to just expose your concepts as being incorrect, logically, as I did here.

You missed the point, not surprisingly. Your position on DENIAL is wrong.

And your inability to see the reality of problems on both sides is your major weakness when you debate.

Are you unaware of how failed our health care system is, or are you just opting to ignore that in order to declare a system not even in place a failure?

And yet as has been shown in this very thread, those sources lied and distorted what the CBO actually did say. And you bought those lies because they where what you wanted to hear.

let's quote the actual article and see:

See the whole "pushed out of their job based insurance coverage" bit? It doesn't say that 7 million people will choose to pay the penalties, it says that their employers will choose to pay the penalties. Look, it's in the second paragraph:

You will notice that the "they" is the businesses, not the individuals.
Now, if you had actually presented an HONEST and accurate OP question, this might be different. But you didn't.

Funny you should say so - it seems that you are the one who has inaccurately described the article. Now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - I don't think you did it because you are inherently untruthful. I think you just skimmed the article and took away a false impression. But perhaps you should make sure before you accuse others of duplicity, eh?

And yet as has been shown in this very thread, those sources lied and distorted what the CBO actually did say. And you bought those lies because they where what you wanted to hear.

....you realize that you making an ad sourcinem and a just-so statement in tandem does not, actually, constitute "being shown"?

Do you actually know what all that means? These folks who will no longer have employer based insurance CAN have the government plan. So they will not lose insurance... they can CHOOSE to switch or they too can CHOOSE to pay penalties. You need to look beyond just the black and white of the matter. Your quote did not accurately represent what will occur.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…