• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who will Biden pick as his VP? My Analysis

When did Sarah Palin run for President?
Oh, wait, she didn't?
Your fail bucket is full.

She ran for VP. It may help to read the thread topic so you don't make yourself look like a jackass again.

My mistake, very sorry for associating you with the truly insane. Those that will vote for Biden even knowing that he is a train wreck.

That's what happens when you have someone vastly worse coming from the GOP side.

I'm hoping somehow he pick Michelle Obama. That's a slam dunk.

Biden / Obama imagine that. Make America Sane Again

Biden would retire after a year, then we would get 8 years of Obama.

Won't happen. Michelle was viciously attacked by right wing bigots for 8 years, in fact still is to this day. She has no interest in entering the political cesspool again, especially in the era of Trump.

Another Obama presidency, or even if it was strictly VP, would be amusing for the sole fact that it would cause right wingers all across the country to literally strongly contemplate suicide. But besides that, it would never happen.

krysten-sinema-arizona-elex-ap-rc-181019_hpMain_2_16x9_1600.jpg

Put me down for Abrams.

I'm guessing Kamala, but that is wishful thinking. The smarter pick would be the governor from Michigan.

I think Klobuchar would be a really strong running mate for Biden. However, I feel like there needs to be a yin and yang situation. You look at 1992. Bill Clinton picked Gore because he had military experience. Bush in 2000 picked Cheney because he was H.W Defense Secretary, and needed foreign policy experience. Obama in 2008 picked Biden, because he was criticized for being too inexperienced and went with a guy who spent 36 years in the Senate and held multiple high ranking committee positions. Trump picked Pence, because Pence was a quiet and super religious guy, and he needed reassure that he would fight for the religious right. I think Biden needs to go in the direct opposite. He doesn't need experience credentials, but somebody who brings different credentials to the table. Whitmer is a governor and someone under the age of 50. She's young, she's a fresh face. Michigan is more important to win, seeing as how it was a state which didn't go blue in 2016.

Senator Kamala Harris.

This is a turnout election so he needs to choose someone to help him win. Harris will do that.

And it is absurd to think a woman can't be the best person for the job.

Kamala Harris couldnt get people to turn out for Kamala Harris. She will be of zero help to him.

Now that Bernie Sanders has officially dropped out, it's time to talk about who Joe Biden will pick as his Vice Presidential running mate. Biden has said through a wide range of media outlets that he wants to pick a woman, someone who agrees with him politically, and would make up for his weaknesses.

According to Election Betting Odds, the top 10 candidates with the best shot to win the nomination are: Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Gretchen Whitmer, Stacey Abrams, Elizabeth Warren, Catherine Cortez Masto, Hilary Clinton, Val Demings, Michelle Obama, and Tammy Duckworth. See here for the latest odds: Election Betting Odds by Maxim Lott and John Stossel

Historically and statistically, U.S Senators are the most popular choices for Vice President, and it's not even close. Since 1944, 17 of the 19 Democratic Vice Presidential nominees were sitting U.S Senators. The only exceptions were Geraldine Ferraro in 1984 and Sargent Shriver in 1972.

Who do I think he's going to pick? I think comes down to either Kamala Harris or Gretchen Whitmer.

Harris was indeed a flop during the 2020 Presidential primary. She couldn't even make it to Iowa and ran out of money in December. But here's the good news: Harris is the type of person he's looking for, and fulfills his qualifications. She's experienced -- served as California Attorney General for 8 years and finishing up for her 4th year as U.S Senator of California. She's considered a woman of color, and will be 56 years old come November.

As for Whitmer, she would be a non-traditional Vice Presidential pick. The Dems have not picked a governor in over 80 years, but I think she would be an excellent choice for him. Whitmer spent about 14 years in both the Michigan Assembly and as a state senator. In 2011, she was actually named the Minority Leader in the Michigan Senate. Since 2019, she's been the governor of Michigan and currently receiving positive reviews for her handling of the corona virus. At age 48, she would definitely be the ying to Biden's yang, and might help him out in the mid-west.

I don't see any other candidate out there matching. Warren is from Massachusetts, a state with a Republican governor. That's a major pass. Klobuchar is indeed experienced, but lacks the Whitmer presence and will be 60 soon. Abrams is too inexperienced and might cost him votes.

As of today, I would say Harris has the best shot.

As a numbers guy, I'd look for a VP that would help get me to 270. Harris from California and Warren from Massachusetts along with Hillary, New York do me no good and possible harm. Those states are going blue no matter what. Your favorite, Whitmer. Excellent choice as she would deliver Michigan, a state Trump won and would help in winning neighboring Ohio and Wisconsin. Wisconsin, someone you didn't mention, Baldwin. She would deliver Wisconsin another state Trump won in 2016 and have influence in Minnesota, a state Hillary won by only a single percentage point and also in Michigan. Klobuchar would ensure Minnesota stays blue.

Abrams, could, I say could help Biden win Georgia. Iffy at best, but possible. She lost the governor's race by a mere 55,000 votes in 2018. She's a good campaigner and has a solid reputation here in Georgia. Masto, Hispanic would ensure Nevada stays blue which it probably will anyway, but could help deliver neighboring Arizona and play a role in Texas. Any of the above numbers wise, would in my opinion help Biden get to 270.

Harris, no, Warren no, Clinton a bigger no than either Harris or Warren. Demmings, a congresswoman, Florida, not really a good choice as Representatives don't have the power or ability to help deliver their state.

I'm hoping somehow he pick Michelle Obama. That's a slam dunk.

Biden / Obama imagine that. Make America Sane Again

Biden would retire after a year, then we would get 8 years of Obama.

Michelle Obama will not accept. She has said it over and over. She abhors politics.

She would of course be the best candidate, but she won't accept, which is a pity.

The OP's list mentioned Hillary Clinton, LOL, it's not going to happen.

Michelle Obama = best possible pick, but it won't happen, unfortunately
Hillary Clinton = worst possible pick, but it won't happen, fortunately

I would like Stacey Abrams or Val Demings or Tammy Duckworth, but I think he won't pick them. He will probably pick Klobuchar. I'm not a big fan of hers.

Michelle Obama will not accept. She has said it over and over. She abhors politics.

She would of course be the best candidate, but she won't accept, which is a pity.

The OP's list mentioned Hillary Clinton, LOL, it's not going to happen.

Michelle Obama = best possible pick, but it won't happen, unfortunately
Hillary Clinton = worst possible pick, but it won't happen, fortunately

I would like Stacey Abrams or Val Demings or Tammy Duckworth, but I think he won't pick them. He will probably pick Klobuchar. I'm not a big fan of hers.

It should be noted that Clinton and Obama are junk bets. I only mentioned them because the website has them as a top 10 bet for Vice President. I think Baldwin, Michelle Lujan Grisham, and Gina Raimondo are better bets.

Why not? You picked our last president based on his penchant for grabbing genitalia.

No I didn't. I elected him because of his America first stance. A value no democrat has. But you continue to vote for democrat vaginas and then let me watch you scratch your heads in November as you ponder why you lost.

Only because it's "time" in their eyes

I believe that's how Trump chooses much of his staff. Pretty, gullible, and Naive, fits all the qualifications for press secretary.

Just so I get everybody on record here. I have the following posters' preference:

Minnie, Lursa - Harris or Klobuchar

RaleBulgarian, Pound4abrown, TobyOne - Klobuchar

SonOfDaedalus - Obama

Bok_Tukalo - Harris

BrotherFease, Calamity, Perotista - Whitmer

CaughtInThe - Kyrsten Sinema

Hamish Howl - Stacey Abrams

GreatNews2night - Abrams or Demings or Duckworth

To Minnie, Lursa, and GreatNews2Night, can I get a single answer?

Keep it coming. I need to know everybody's preference.

Hopefully he does not go Full McCain, picking someone totally completely utterly unfit for the job.

I sure would not put any money on that though...

That list is a picture guide incompetent and unqualified.

Just so I get everybody on record here. I have the following posters' preference:

Minnie, Lursa - Harris or Klobuchar

RaleBulgarian, Pound4abrown, TobyOne - Klobuchar

SonOfDaedalus - Obama

Bok_Tukalo - Harris

BrotherFease, Calamity, Perotista - Whitmer

CaughtInThe - Kyrsten Sinema

Hamish Howl - Stacey Abrams

GreatNews2night - Abrams or Demings or Duckworth

To Minnie, Lursa, and GreatNews2Night, can I get a single answer?

Keep it coming. I need to know everybody's preference.

Of the two ( Harris or Klobuchar)

I would pick Amy Klobuchar

Yes, she did disagree with VP Biden on some issues during the Primaries but she did not try to Blindside him like Harris did with the 1960s bussing issue.

Of the two ( Harris or Klobuchar)

I would pick Amy Klobuchar

Yes, she did disagree with VP Biden on some issues during the Primaries but she did not try to Blindside him like Harris did with the 1960s bussing issue.

Poor Amy would have to major rebukes in only one year. Biden is senile. The public is not willing to elect the senile.

No I didn't. I elected him because of his America first stance. A value no democrat has. But you continue to vote for democrat vaginas and then let me watch you scratch your heads in November as you ponder why you lost.

Democrats can't grab a woman's genitalia? Wonder how they get women pregnant? What puzzles me is why didn't Democrats care about that issue when they had Bill Clinton as their president?

Democrats can't grab a woman's genitalia? Wonder how they get women pregnant? What puzzles me is why didn't Democrats care about that issue when they had Bill Clinton as their president?

Bill Clinton used an intern as a human humidor and lefties golf clapped for him....now suddenly they take umbrage with sexual misconduct.

Back
Top Bottom