• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WHO warns against COVID-19 lockdowns due to economic damage

RenoCon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
President Trump was right once again.

“The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted, but by and large, we’d rather not do it.”
Nabarro said tight restrictions cause significant harm, particularly on the global economy.
“Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer,” he said.

“The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, rebalance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted, but by and large, we’d rather not do it.”
Nabarro said tight restrictions cause significant harm, particularly on the global economy.
“Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never, ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer,” he said.

Yep. The president was right and all the leftwingers and the so-called experts were wrong. They owe him an apology, and should call for all businesses to immediately fully open.

Reactions: PoS

Yeah, but it's even better yet if you're not so incompetent you end-up with the bolded, forcing you to shotgun your economy & society.

WHO changes their stance as often as their underwear. Should not take them seriously.....ever again.

From the link:
“We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus,” Nabarro said.

This pretty much lines up with what we've known from the start. The initial lockdowns were put in place to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed.

And of course there's this from your link which you managed to avoid citing:
"The last thing any country needs is to open schools and businesses, only to close them again because of a resurgence". And that's exactly what is happening now.

Yep. The president was right and all the leftwingers and the so-called experts were wrong. They owe him an apology, and should call for all businesses to immediately fully open.
"Mashmont's prediction; only 10,400 deaths, max."

Again, as usual, a RW OP that takes a comment out of context to serve it's own purpose of an alternative interpretation of the whole of what is being said. The OP lies by purposely misleading readers with disinformation. And so many RW posters complain, falsely, that liberal points of view are posted out of context. Classic Trump/RW projection.

What WHO doesn't understand is that Democrats want to harm the economy as much as possible. Hence the reason why Democrat-controlled States are still locked down and will remain locked down until the election. It is also why Democrats are committing acts of terrorism in Democrat-controlled sh*thole cities across the nation.

As far as Trump is concerned, when will he be reopening international trade? The last time I checked there was still no shippers in the US coming from or going to China. Oregon shut down its three of its carriers back in March due to the lack of trade. Trump has no say over the States, but he does have a say when it concerns international commerce. Reopening international trade is necessary to get the economy going again.

experts were wrong.

I have been watching Republicans trash the WHO for months now. Y'all should really make up your minds about which experts are telling the truth and which ones are phony.

I have been watching Republicans trash the WHO for months now. Y'all should really make up your minds about which experts are telling the truth and which ones are phony.
They are politicians. That makes them all phonies, by definition.

I think it would be nice if the experts could make up their minds

"Mashmont's prediction; only 10,400 deaths, max."
Through June 10. And 10,300 was closer to the actual number at that time than the ecperts’ 240,000 prediction. And that’s even before toy account for the phony inflation of cases. Like Trump, I was right.

Sure. Let me know when science has something to do with this scam.

In science our ability to predict something and understand how to proceed is largely dependent on prior data. That means the more we deal with, experience and understand something the more easily we can make predictions based on past experiences. When there's a new virus our ability to understand and predict it is limited due to lack of prior data and experience. Even vaccines haven't been around for that long. We are still learning how to best deal with these things and can only make predictions based on the knowledge that we have. Expecting experts and scientists to not change and update their views over time goes contrary to what science is.

Through June 10. And 10,300 was closer to the actual number at that time than the ecperts’ 240,000 prediction. And that’s even before toy account for the phony inflation of cases. Like Trump, I was right.
You're never right; you only think you are. Interesting, isn't it, that nobody else thinks you're right either?

In science our ability to predict something and understand how to proceed is largely dependent on prior data. That means the more we deal with, experience and understand something the more easily we can make predictions based on past experiences. When there's a new virus our ability to understand and predict it is limited due to lack of prior data and experience. Even vaccines haven't been around for that long. We are still learning how to best deal with these things and can only make predictions based on the knowledge that we have. Expecting experts and scientists to not change and update their views over time goes contrary to what science is.
So you will agree the left is being far too hard on President Trump when they say he should have known what to do, when the scientists themselves didn't know what to do?
I think they should now apologize to him for being right all along by wanting to open things up, don't you?

Last edited:
So you will agree the left is being far too hard on President Trump when they say he should have known what to do

I have been saying that for months, though he was still an arrogant asshole about things.

You're never right; you only think you are. Interesting, isn't it, that nobody else thinks you're right either?
It doesn't matter what others 'think'. The numbers say I was closer than the experts. Deaths, including the phony inflated deaths were 112,000 on June 10. 13,400 is closer to 112,000 than the experts' 240,000 prediction. It's cool being right.

I have been saying that for months, though he was still an arrogant asshole about things.
Well, I will give you props for saying that.

It doesn't matter what others 'think'. The numbers say I was closer than the experts. Deaths, including the phony inflated deaths were 112,000 on June 10. 13,400 is closer to 112,000 than the experts' 240,000 prediction. It's cool being right.
You're still wrong. Always are; 200,000 dead and counting. Nice work with your 'predictions'. How someone like you can revel so enthusiastically in how badly they fail is beyond me. What's your secret?

You're still wrong. Always are; 200,000 dead and counting. Nice work with your 'predictions'. How someone like you can revel so enthusiastically in how badly they fail is beyond me. What's your secret?
My prediction ran through June 10, the date the experts laid out last spring as the re-evaluation date. The 200K figure is a fraud. CDC admits they count people were never officially diagnosed as having COVID.

My prediction ran through June 10, the date the experts laid out last spring as the re-evaluation date. The 200K figure is a fraud. CDC admits they count people were never officially diagnosed as having COVID.
Yes, of course it's a fraud, and only you are privy to the true numbers, right? Let's have them, along with your official sources. Thanks for your cooperation and confirmation that you aren't the most prolific failure on the forum. I won't hold my breath...

If people all wear masks, socially distance and wash their hands we don’t need lock downs. The reason lockdowns were necessary is because there are too many ignorant people out there who don’t know whats good for them.

Back
Top Bottom