• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is Jesus? - For Christians Only

But here is what Jesus Himself said (in Mark): "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

How convenient for the man who wrote that.

I did not realize that Atheists were so ignorant about Christianity. I'll try to remember that for the future.

Tut tut. I invite you to take notice of the new wind of tolerance and politeness that is sweeping through the religion forums.

I know it's fake. I still love it, though.

Which begs the question of why. Because, quoting from my link, "Yes, I know it's hilarious to watch middle-aged white Republicans use hip-hop slang"?

Or this? "You'll notice that the fake video got a lot more views than either of the real ones. Not surprising: people (seemingly) making idiots of themselves attract more attention than people trying to do something from the heart. If you associate Christianity with the kind of clueless, culturally tone-deaf ignorance displayed in "Rappin' for Jesus," then you probably didn't question its authenticity. That's what makes it an effective parody -- it strikes a chord, and one that should make mainline Christians very uncomfortable." GodSpam: Is That Funny Christian Video Real? Here's How to Tell

For my Christian brothers and sisters, I ask a simple question. I would love to know your answers.

Who is Jesus?

Jesus is God. God, incarnate.

There are numerous passages in the Bible that hint, or say that.

The exclamation of Thomas comes to mind (when he finally realized who Jesus is).

John 20
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!

I just came across a chapter this morning that plainly states that: 1 John 3

1 John 3 talks about God and love. Refer to the whole chapter, especially to following verses:

1 John 3
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

(is consistent with Jesus' statement in John 15)

1 John 3
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Clearly, Jesus and God, are One and the Same.

Jesus is God. God, incarnate.

There are numerous passages in the Bible that hint, or say that.

The exclamation of Thomas comes to mind (when he finally realized who Jesus is).

John 20
27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!

I just came across a chapter this morning that plainly states that: 1 John 3

1 John 3 talks about God and love. Refer to the whole chapter, especially to following verses:

1 John 3
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

(is consistent with Jesus' statement in John 15)

1 John 3
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Clearly, Jesus and God, are One and the Same.

Clearly you are a Trinitarian, ... Trinitarians don't believe scripture. Trinitarians believe their own pet interpretations of scripture. Which is not same as believing scripture.

The context helps us to draw the right conclusion from what Thomas said...shortly before Jesus’ death, Thomas had heard Jesus’ prayer in which he addressed his Father as “the only true God.”...John 17:3

After Jesus’ resurrection Jesus had sent a message to his apostles, including Thomas, in which he had said...“I am ascending...to my God and your God”...John 20:17

After recording what Thomas said when he actually saw and touched the resurrected Christ, the apostle John stated...“These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name”...John 20:31

So, if anyone has concluded from Thomas’ exclamation that Jesus is himself “the only true God” or that Jesus is a Trinitarian “God the Son,” it would be good to look again at what Jesus himself said...verse 17...and at the conclusion that is clearly stated by the apostle John...verse 31...

Clearly you are a Trinitarian, ... Trinitarians don't believe scripture. Trinitarians believe their own pet interpretations of scripture. Which is not same as believing scripture.

I quoted the Scriptures! Why do you say I don't believe in the Scriptures?

I've been pondering on 1 John 3, and here's what I'm seeing:

1 John 3 (KJV)

3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

"Who abideth in Him" - Jesus had said that, too.

However.....

The verses above clearly refers only to God (not Jesus), because the Son of God is mentioned and described here on the following verses:

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Then the verses are back to referring to God again.

17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him,
how dwelleth the love of God in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

It says God loves us that He laid down His life for us.
Doesn't that ring a bell with "For God loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son?"
And yet, that verse says that it was God who died for us.

Take note of the red-fonted verse. It doesn't say we ask in Jesus' name (as quoted from Jesus).

John 14
13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

- but, what we ask of God. Therefore, asking in Jesus' name is the same as asking God directly.

1 John 3
23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

We have to believe that God manifested as The Son incarnate (Jesus) - and we should keep God/Jesus commandments (dwelling in God/Jesus), and hereby we know that God/Jesus dwells in us by the Spirit (God/Jesus) which He gave to us.

Last edited:
I've been pondering on 1 John 3, and here's what I'm seeing:

We have to believe that God manifested as The Son incarnate (Jesus) - and we should keep God/Jesus commandments (dwelling in God/Jesus), and hereby we know that God/Jesus dwells in us by the Spirit (God/Jesus) which He gave to us.

And then there is this from John 1:1-5

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God,
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Asking God in Jesus' name isn't reflected in the prayer that Jesus had taught us.
Nowhere does it mention anything about Jesus.

Matthew 6:9-13

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

But Jesus had said thugh:

John 14
12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

When Jesus had gone to the Father, He said He (Jesus), will do whatever we ask in His name.
He also said whatever we ask the Father in Jesus name, the father will grant it.

In other words, it will be God/Jesus who'll be responding.

Why is it important to believe that they (The Father, the Son and the Spirit) are One and The Same?

Because, if we believe they are One and The Same......we believe and worship One God.

Last edited:
To add to other comments...Jesus is King...no longer a little baby in the manger...and he rules in heaven, as of 2014 and soon he'll rule over the earth as well...

How soon?

Clearly you are a Trinitarian...Trinitarians believe their own pet interpretations of scripture. Which is not same as believing scripture.

Quite the opposite. Unitarians who throw the divine Jesus and Holy Spirit under the bus have to ignore or twist a great number of scriptures unfavorable to their Unitarian beliefs.

I did not realize that Atheists were so ignorant about Christianity. I'll try to remember that for the future.
Your thread Les was a sincere attempt to share. But unfortunately it doesn't take more than oh say 6 posts later someone comes around to derail it.
Keep loving G-d Les, you are something special. And as far as your original post yes Yeshua is the annointed one.
1. Almighty One – “…who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Rev. 1:8
2. Alpha and Omega – “I am the Alpha and the Omega, Rev. 22:13
3. Advocate – “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.” 1 John 2:1
4. Author and Perfecter of Our Faith – Heb. 12:2
5. Authority – “Jesus said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” Matt. 28:18
6. Bread of Life – “Then Jesus declared, ‘I am the bread of life’” John 6:35
7. Beloved Son of God – “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.” Matt. 3:17
8. Bridegroom – Matt. 9:15
9. Chief Cornerstone – Ps. 118:22
10. Deliverer-"Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.” 1 Thess.1:10
11. Faithful and True – Rev.19:11
12. Good Shepherd - “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” John 10:11
13. Great High Priest – “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.” Heb. 4:14
14. Head of the Church – Eph. 1:22
15. Holy Servant – Your holy servant Jesus." Acts 4:29-30
16. I Am – “Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:58
17. Immanuel – “…She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel, which means 'God with us.’” Is. 7:14
18. Indescribable Gift – “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.” 2 Cor. 9:15
19. Judge – Acts 10:42
20. King of Kings – Rev. 17:14
21. Lamb of God – “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29
22. Light of the World – "I am the light of the world.John 8:12
23. Lion of the Tribe of Judah – “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.” Rev. 5:5
24. Lord of All – Phil. 2:9-11
25. Mediator – “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” 1 Tim. 2:5
26. Messiah – “We have found the Messiah".” John 1:41
27. Mighty One – “Then you will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.” Is. 60:16
28. One Who Sets Free – “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
29. Our Hope – “…Christ Jesus our hope.” 1 Tim. 1:1
30. Peace – Eph. 2:14
31. Prophet – Mark 6:4
32. Redeemer – “And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth.” Job 19:25
33. Risen Lord – 1 Cor. 15:3-4
34. Rock – “For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.” 1 Cor. 10:4
35. Sacrifice for Our Sins – 1 John 4:10
36. Savior – “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11
37. Son of Man – “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost." Luke 19:10
38. Son of the Most High – “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David.” Luke 1:32
39. Supreme Creator Over All – “By Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-- all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.…” 1 Cor. 1:16-17
40. Resurrection and the Life – “Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.” John 11:25
41. The Door – “I am the door." John 10:9
42. The Way – “Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.” John 14:6
43. The Word – “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” John 1:1
44. True Vine - "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.” John 15:1
45. Truth – “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32
46. Victorious One – “To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.” Rev. 3:21
47. – 50. Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace – “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. Isaiah 9:6
Les thank you. You bring innocence and sheer joy to believers with your posts.

Your thread Les was a sincere attempt to share. But unfortunately it doesn't take more than oh say 6 posts later someone comes around to derail it.
Keep loving G-d Les, you are something special. And as far as your original post yes Yeshua is the annointed one.

Les thank you. You bring innocence and sheer joy to believers with your posts.

If I bring joy, God made me do it. :)

I did not feel that I was derailed. The folks who wish to minimize my beliefs cannot do so. I did not get into a detailed accounting of my beliefs; however, several in that thread had seen me tell it in more detail. I was not wanting to get into a fight and they kept backing me in a corner because I would not respond. That is when I decided that I needed to stand, or in this case, sit, firmly and express my beliefs. That was why that thread was started.

Interesting that you post the list of names. I have a framed print in my office of "And He Shall Be Called" listing all of the names. I always want to be reminded who Jesus is.

If I bring joy, God made me do it. :)

I did not feel that I was derailed. The folks who wish to minimize my beliefs cannot do so. I did not get into a detailed accounting of my beliefs; however, several in that thread had seen me tell it in more detail. I was not wanting to get into a fight and they kept backing me in a corner because I would not respond. That is when I decided that I needed to stand, or in this case, sit, firmly and express my beliefs. That was why that thread was started.

Interesting that you post the list of names. I have a framed print in my office of "And He Shall Be Called" listing all of the names. I always want to be reminded who Jesus is.

Les, then praise the Lord because you do bring me joy.

I quoted the Scriptures! Why do you say I don't believe in the Scriptures?

Of course Trinitarians cite some scripture. They just don't believe scripture that conflicts with their grand pet interpretation.

Then they compound their error by condemning as "heretic" all who cite and believe the scripture that Trinitarians ignore.

For well over a 1000 years Trinitarians OPENLY tortured and killed those they deemed "heretic."

Of course Trinitarians cite some scripture. They just don't believe scripture that conflicts with their grand pet interpretation.

Then they compound their error by condemning as "heretic" all who cite and believe the scripture that Trinitarians ignore.

For well over a 1000 years Trinitarians OPENLY tortured and killed those they deemed "heretic."

EH?????

What's human behaviours got to do with the argument that, Jesus is God?

You must belong to those who think that being a Christian means being perfect, and not to sin anymore.
You better review the New Testament. Do you understand why Jesus had died for us?

Last edited:
EH?????

What's human behaviours got to do with the argument that, Jesus is God?

You must belong to those who think that being a Christian means being perfect, and not to sin anymore.
You better review the New Testament. Do you understand why Jesus had died for us?

Evil behavior flows from evil ideology. I submit demanding torture and murder of people is evil.

Extra evil when done by people claiming to be the direct representatives of the NT revealed Jesus Christ (who HEALED people ... and never authorized torture and murder of anyone for any reason).

For my Christian brothers and sisters, I ask a simple question. I would love to know your answers.

Who is Jesus?

God. He is the form God took for the purpose of creation. It is why we were created "in the image of God" - which was the image of a man (not an invisible spirit).

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." - Colossians 1:15

"For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." - Colossians 2:9

Evil behavior flows from evil ideology. I submit demanding torture and murder of people is evil.

Extra evil when done by people claiming to be the direct representatives of the NT revealed Jesus Christ (who HEALED people ... and never authorized torture and murder of anyone for any reason).

That's why there is such an event called...........Judgement Day.

God will be the judge.

PS: I don't remember reading about us being called for jury duty.

That's why there is such an event called...........Judgement Day.

God will be the judge.

PS: I don't remember reading about us being called for jury duty.

i believe uncle jimmy has some insight about this
Christian values.jpg

Back
Top Bottom