• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

who could of predicted it

CanDuck,

Making predictions is an industry. There is a maxim among those who must forecast and make predictions for a living: "If you must forecast, you must forecast frequently". If you look carefully enough, I'm sure that you will find that someone predicted that there would have been no NHL hockey last year, or someone that predicted that the New York Yankees would win the Worlds Series this year. In my years on Wall St., there was another saying, words to the effect that economists have predicted 10 of the last 5 recessions.

Coblenz, a fairly prolific anti-Bush writer (see his articles at DemocraticUnderground.com, for example), uses some fairly serpentine logic to bash Bush. Coblenz is welcome to his opinions, as are we all. To his credit, Coblenz served his country in the U.S. Air Force. On the other hand, he reminds a little bit of the mad Air Force guy in Dr. Strangelove.

BTW, didn't a moderator warn you about making posts like this, just a cut and paste of a long article? Or do I have that wrong?

oldreliable67 said:
CanDuck,

Making predictions is an industry. There is a maxim among those who must forecast and make predictions for a living: "If you must forecast, you must forecast frequently". If you look carefully enough, I'm sure that you will find that someone predicted that there would have been no NHL hockey last year, or someone that predicted that the New York Yankees would win the Worlds Series this year. In my years on Wall St., there was another saying, words to the effect that economists have predicted 10 of the last 5 recessions.

Coblenz, a fairly prolific anti-Bush writer (see his articles at DemocraticUnderground.com, for example), uses some fairly serpentine logic to bash Bush. Coblenz is welcome to his opinions, as are we all. To his credit, Coblenz served his country in the U.S. Air Force. On the other hand, he reminds a little bit of the mad Air Force guy in Dr. Strangelove.

BTW, didn't a moderator warn you about making posts like this, just a cut and paste of a long article? Or do I have that wrong?

doesnt merit a response

Back
Top Bottom