• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who are these guys who keep spreading anti-Russian propaganda?

Who are the guys who keep spreading anti-Russsian propaganda and Russia hate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus Zeebra

MoG
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
What's your thoughts?

This anti-Russian propaganda, and Russia hatred is a thing that is generally widespread on the internet. It seems to be organized. Some conspiracy theories are widespread and popular, and they use these in their propaganda.

There are many actual negative things about Russia, but they never mention any of these, and they have no suggestions of how to improve things in Russia. They just spew out unproductive propaganda.

So, who are these "people"?

Last edited:
What's your thoughts?

This anti-Russian propaganda, and Russia hatred is a thing that is generally widespread on the internet. It seems to be organized. Some conspiracy theories are widespread and popular, and they use these in their propaganda.

There are many actual negative things about Russia, but they never mention any of these, and they have no suggestions of how to improve things in Russia. They just spew out unproductive propaganda.

These "people" are largely Americans, folks who have been deeply brainwashed/propagandized their entire lives. But they have passed this sickness on to those of other nations,

Brainwashed tools, Professional CIA troll factory, CIA bots, Hired trolls, Just fools, even Regular people

What's your thoughts?

I am unfamiliar with anti Russian propaganda. Can you offer some links and an explanation?

These "people" are largely Americans, folks who have been deeply brainwashed/propagandized their entire lives. But they have passed this sickness on to those of other nations,

Nah, it's not only Americans, we have Europeans doing the same exact thing.

What's your thoughts?

I feel like it's retaliation for the Russian web brigades.

Have a look at the threads of the "European" section of this forum if you want an example.

And yet you have been able to refute/debunk none of them. Not a solitary one. You need to up your game Ivan.

Have a look at the threads of the "European" section of this forum if you want an example.

If you are not going to provide a link I am not going to be bothered.

It's a strange thread from the start.

If you are not going to provide a link I am not going to be bothered.

It's a strange thread from the start.

He never provides credible links.

Many of the anti-Russian stereotypes and Russophobia have their original roots in the West's reaction to the Russian Revolutions of 1917 and the Cold War which followed WWII. These stereotypes and phobias were primarily used as elements of political propaganda war waged by governments and public relations firms against the Soviet Union. Some of these prejudices are still observed in the discussions of the relations with Russia after the collapse of the USSR.

Negative representation of Russia and Russians in modern popular culture is sometimes described as "functional" - as stereotypes about Russia which may be used for framing a specific reality in the minds of the many. This "reality" may aid in casting Russia as an enemy rather than a rival or competitor. It may be designed to make litigation, sanctions, boycotts, blockades, or other hostile actions to be accepted by a wider spectrum of people or states and it aids in getting legal compensation against Russia or its businesses by making it more easy to win legal cases and follow-on damages. It may be able to create and sell a negative-brand of all things Russian which makes Russian commerce more difficult globally in order to help other nations out-compete Russia.

The anti-Russian stereotypes, Russophobia and prejudice can be spread overtly by a state or covertly by its agents. Private sector campaigns have been designed and carried out by public relations firms. Mass and other media may be hostile to Russia and therefore spread these stereotypes and Russophobia to a wide audience. Private citizens with either strong beliefs/prejudices or real beefs may be part of the anti-Russian sentiment and spread it by word of mouth, by peer-to-peer electronic communication, by social media, etc. Hollywood has been often criticised for having Russians (or Germans, or Chinese, or Arabs) as its "go-to villains".

However not all or even most anti-Russian commentary is rooted in hate or fear. A lot of the anti-Russian ideas being popularised are due to legitimate criticism of the Russian State and both its domestic and international policies and behaviour. So not everyone who vigorously criticises Russia is an anti-Russian troll. The Russian State and its government is no more immune from public criticism than any other state, my own included. So if Russia misbehaves in the public opinion of parts of the international community, then it's going to catch a boatload of $&!t for its policy decisions.

To answer your question requires knowledge of the mindset of the alleged trolls. They may be very factual in their approach and may limit their comments to rational and analytical criticism based solely on fact. That's not trolling but is legitimate criticism. The trolls will avoid rooting their attacks in fact and use loaded or inflammatory language to sway the audience's emotions by rhetoric rather than to use reason to change minds rationally. Or a troll will offer a bit of fact or a citation as bait but then quickly switch and spring-board from the fact into an emotion-based attack designed to circumvent reason, despite the initial bait of fact. So the most honest answer which I can offer is I don't know, but I suspect there are identifiable anti-Russian trolls here on DP just as I suspect there are identifiable anti-American or anti-Western trolls here too.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
And yet you have been able to refute/debunk none of them. Not a solitary one. You need to up your game Ivan.

I have no interest in quarrelling about irrelevant stuff. I just input what I have to say about it, and that's it. I have nothing to prove to you, I have absolutely no time or interest in you and your silly little conspiracy theories.

I feel like it's retaliation for the Russian web brigades.

What is? You mean the US opened their troll factory after Russia? US bots are not more advanced than Russian ones? Who would have thought..

I've seen real life US bots. We call them traitors over here in Europe. We don't have many traitors who are interested in Russia at all, most everyone who is acting on behalf of another nation and not their own, is doing it on behalf of the US. Likely 96% of traitors in Europe are US fanatics.

There might be some traitors to Russia among the remaining 4%, but generally its unheard of. If there are they are most likely Russian spies/infiltrators in the first place.

What is? You mean the US opened their troll factory after Russia? US bots are not more advanced than Russian ones? Who would have thought..

I've seen real life US bots. We call them traitors over here in Europe. We don't have many traitors who are interested in Russia at all, most everyone who is acting on behalf of another nation and not their own, is doing it on behalf of the US. Likely 96% of traitors in Europe are US fanatics.

There might be some traitors to Russia among the remaining 4%, but generally its unheard of. If there are they are most likely Russian spies/infiltrators in the first place.

I believe you asked:

"Who are the guys who keep spreading anti-Russsian propaganda and Russia hate?"

I think they are US civilians retaliating for the recent actions of the Internet Research Agency and other such Russian troll farms.

Stupid me, I took the time to find the sub forum, "European."

Still no clue what he is talking about.

He's upset because I post about the murderous and undemocratic Putin regime.

He thinks Vlad should be sacrosanct. But he never gets around to refuting any of the threads I create.

He just whines and complains hoping I'll stop. (I won't).

He thinks Vlad should be sacrosanct. But he never gets around to refuting any of the threads I create.

Oh, a Trump wannabe, got it.

I think they are US civilians retaliating for the recent actions of the Internet Research Agency and other such Russian troll farms.

Ahh, I see. That's an interesting take on it. Could be, yeah.

I'm not upset. I couldn't care less. I do wonder about your motives though. I don't really understand if/how you really believe the things that you are writing. And if so, why. Most fascinating.

I believe you asked:

Or it could be Americans who don't appreciate Putin meddling in elections. Or someone that doesn't agree with Putin stealing Crimea.

Or someone tired of Putin assassinating Russians at home and abroad. You probably get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom