• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House Against Vaccine Passports Due to Privacy Concerns

nobody answered me...

are Biden and Harris commies or not??

Thank God there will be businesses that are against this "passport"

It's NOT that complicated;)
Sure and you get sick you won't be able to sue them and you should be barred from using a hospital.

I'm down for it

Not at all. You walk into a grocery store and are stopped at a medical checkpoint. What questions are you willing to answer concerning any medical conditions past or present that you may have experienced?
lol

Dude? You aren't going to have to fill out a 10-page form in triplicate to go to the supermarket. You probably won't even need to prove you've been vaccinated for that.

All you are going to have to do to get into some places is show the screen of a phone app or a piece of paper with a QR code, and that's it. It is no more onerous, or an invasion of privacy, than showing your ID to get on a plane or a bar.

If you have legitimate concerns about privacy, or issues with those who don't have reliable access to online resources, that's one thing. Making up hysterical crap that's not going to happen? C'mon, man.

Reactions: jpn
So, correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure HIV is only contracted through blood and semen/vaginal fluid. Does that normally come out of your mouth?
Sometimes on Saturday nights, maybe.

Yup. And once their business starts to tank, they'll come to their senses.

We'll see how that plays out over time, since much of this will be dependent on the severity of the pandemic impact. Once it's under control many of these policies will likely go away. In the meantime though, the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" might play out much the same way it does in beach towns where there are businesses that cater to those with or without them.

nobody answered me...

are Biden and Harris commies or not??

No, they're centrists who accommodate and appease commies.

They're willing to give in just enough to keep them on the team.

We'll see how that plays out over time, since much of this will be dependent on the severity of the pandemic impact. Once it's under control many of these policies will likely go away. In the meantime though, the "no shirt, no shoes, no service" might play out much the same way it does in beach towns where there are businesses that cater to those with or without them.

You don't know that at all.

We assumed that when Obama told the CIA to "knock it off" following the Edward Snowden revelations, that the CIA knocked it off.

Do you really believe that all those programs have been discontinued, or more reasonably, that they changed the name of the programs and that they continue today?

And maybe have even expanded the programs?

lol

Dude? You aren't going to have to fill out a 10-page form in triplicate to go to the supermarket. You probably won't even need to prove you've been vaccinated for that.

All you are going to have to do to get into some places is show the screen of a phone app or a piece of paper with a QR code, and that's it. It is no more onerous, or an invasion of privacy, than showing your ID to get on a plane or a bar.

If you have legitimate concerns about privacy, or issues with those who don't have reliable access to online resources, that's one thing. Making up hysterical crap that's not going to happen? C'mon, man.
That's not "passport." So you're saying every person in America could download the same piece of paper off the internet?

Also, how long have you been in favor of voter id?

Well unless you fake having a medical issue wearing mask isn't a big deal.
We take vaccines for far more dangerous diseases than covid. Will we have to prove we are vaccinated against those as well to become a member of the public? Which other medical treatments do you support citizens providing proof of prior to voting?

That's not "passport."
OK Boomer

So you're saying every person in America could download the same piece of paper off the internet?
No... what you do is... stick with me here... use a QR code that contains the person's name and vaccination status. That's exactly what they did with vaccination appointments (though I assume it also had the appointment time). You can keep the code on your phone, or someone can send you a card.

It won't completely eliminate the possibility of fraud, but a) it doesn't mean dumping your entire medical history because you want to buy some Pop Tarts and b) won't be onerous and c) won't be any more massive of a privacy violation than showing ID to get into a bar.

Also, how long have you been in favor of voter id?
What the what?

If I support showing ID to get into a bar, that means I'm in favor of policies specifically designed to disenfranchise poor people and minorities? Who knew?

We take vaccines for far more dangerous diseases than covid. Will we have to prove we are vaccinated against those as well to become a member of the public?
Only if they become such a massive pandemic that they kill 500,000 Americans in a year, despite extensive countermeasures.

Oh, and some places already require proof of vaccinations -- schools, some universities, summer camps, travel in selected foreign nations, participating in some sports leagues....

Which other medical treatments do you support citizens providing proof of prior to voting?
What other easily transmissible diseases killed 500,000 people last year?

We take vaccines for far more dangerous diseases than covid. Will we have to prove we are vaccinated against those as well to become a member of the public? Which other medical treatments do you support citizens providing proof of prior to voting?
Just you...if you don't like a stores policy then don't shop there..

Rather simple huh..

Interesting. This sounds like a potential conflict to me. If the WH (gov't) states that they have privacy concerns, how could the private/non-profit sector then legally intrude on a citizen's privacy?

There is no *privacy concern* when individuals give their information voluntarily.

I assume it would be to deny a service or entry to an event. Am I going to be required by airlines, venues, hotels to reveal other medical conditions I may or may not have?

I doubt it, I don't see what purpose it would serve.

We take vaccines for far more dangerous diseases than covid. Will we have to prove we are vaccinated against those as well to become a member of the public?

In quite a lot of ways, you already do.

Can't go to public school, join the military, become a cop, firefighter, teacher, nurse, doctor or any number of other professions without proving you've been vaccinated.

No, they're centrists who accommodate and appease commies.
holy crap. Biden and Harris have gone from commies to commie appeasers in only 2 months. at that rate this time next year they'll be fascist white supremacists.

Should positive HIV persons be required to identify themselves as having HIV or AIDS wherever they wish to do business?

Can a business put up a sign saying, "Show us your negative AIDS test before approaching the cashier"?
You are required to tell your sexual partner you are infected. You can be sued or even put in jail if you don't

In quite a lot of ways, you already do.

Can't go to public school, join the military, become a cop, firefighter, teacher, nurse, doctor or any number of other professions without proving you've been vaccinated.
Which one of these are required for you to survive? The problem with your analogy is that people want to ban citizens from going to grocery stores and pharmacies unless they have a government issued "passport."

This thread isn't about store policy. This is about government passports to prove you've been vaccinated in order to gain access to public places.
You mean things we've always had when you travel overseas to spots that might have viruses

You getting played son..again..

Back
Top Bottom