• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"White Boy Privilege" Goes viral.

Have you ever seen Feminist "Slam" Poetry before? It's basically exactly like what this kid wrote.

It's all terrible. It's not even poetry.

Do we know who actually wrote this?

Don't.
It's not that, it's the White male guilt brigade.
They're essentially trying to condition White males into silence on the subjects of race and sex.

This is more offensive to just about everybody than if he chewed his sandwich into the shape of a gun, but he didn't get suspended for this.

Poor fella...........a warm bath with a razor blade could end the pain

Well as long as he follows the saying "down the road" not "across the street"

2760615769_b230b657cb.jpg

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF POEM

Dear women, I'm sorry.

Dear black people, I'm sorry.

Dear Asian-Americans, dear Native Americans, dear immigrants who come here seeking a better life, I'm sorry.

Dear everyone who isn't a middle or upper-class white boy, I'm sorry.

I have started life in the top of the ladder while you were born on the first rung.

I say now that I would change places with you in an instant, but if given the opportunity, would I?

Probably not.

Because to be honest, being privileged is awesome. I'm not saying that you and me on different rungs of the ladder is how I want it to stay.

I'm not saying that any part of me has for a moment even liked it that way.

I'm just saying that I f------ love being privileged and I'm not ready to give that away. I love it because I can say 'f------' and not one of you is attributing that to the fact that everyone with my skin color has a dirty mouth.

I love it because I don't have to spend an hour every morning putting on makeup to meet other people's standards.

I love it because I can worry about what kind of food is on my plate instead of whether or not there will be food on my plate.

I love it because when I see a police officer I see someone who's on my side.

To be honest I'm scared of what it would be like if i wasn't on the top rung if the tables were turned and I didn't have my white boy privilege safety blankie to protect me.

If I lived a life lit by what I lack, not what I have, if I lived a life in which when I failed, the world would say, 'Told you so.'

If I lived the life that you live.

When I was born I had a success story already written for me.

You -- you were given a pen and no paper.

I've always felt that that's unfair but I've never dared to speak up because I've been too scared.

Well now I realize that there's enough blankie to be shared. Everyone should have the privileges I have.

In fact they should be rights instead.

Everyone's story should be written, so all they have to do is get it read.

Enough said.

No, not enough said.

It is embarrassing that we still live in a world in which we judge another person's character by of the size of their paycheck, the color of their skin, or the type of chromosomes they have.

It is embarrassing that we tell our kids that it is not their personality, but instead those same chromosomes that get to dictate what color clothes they wear and how short they must cut their hair.

But most of all, it is embarrassing that we deny this. That we claim to live in an equal country and an equal world.

We say that women can vote. Well guess what: They can run a country, own a company, and throw a nasty curve ball as well. We just don't give them the chance to.

I know it wasn't us 8th-grade white boys who created this system, but we profit from it every day.

We don't notice these privileges though, because they don't come in the form of things we gain, but rather the lack of injustices that we endure.

Because of my gender, I can watch any sport on TV, and feel like that could be me one day.

Because of my race I can eat at a fancy restaurant without the wait staff expecting me to steal the silverware.

Thanks to my parents' salary I go to a school that brings my dreams closer instead of pushing them away.

Dear white boys: I'm not sorry.

I don't care if you think the feminists are taking over the world, that the Black Lives Matter movement has gotten a little too strong, because that's bulls---.

I get that change can be scary, but equality shouldn't be.

Hey white boys: It's time to act like a woman. To be strong and make a difference. It's time to let go of that fear.

It's time to take that ladder and turn it into a bridge.

Please, excuse me while I go and repeatedly slam my head into a wall.

Probably one of his lesbian moms... the butch one

I am not sure. I didn't see any man hating in there, just white hating.

Please, excuse me while I go and repeatedly slam my head into a wall.

If you are white, that is the desired effect he was looking for.

I am not sure. I didn't see any man hating in there, just white hating.

"Because of my gender, I can watch any sport on TV, and feel like that could be me one day."

Im thinking his mom wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy when she grew up.

If you are white, that is the desired effect he was looking for.

No, if you're white, he probably wanted you to join in and start apologizing for things you've never done and for situations which don't exist.

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF POEM

Dear women, I'm sorry.

Dear black people, I'm sorry.

Dear Asian-Americans, dear Native Americans, dear immigrants who come here seeking a better life, I'm sorry.

Dear everyone who isn't a middle or upper-class white boy, I'm sorry.

I have started life in the top of the ladder while you were born on the first rung.

I say now that I would change places with you in an instant, but if given the opportunity, would I?

Probably not.

Because to be honest, being privileged is awesome. I'm not saying that you and me on different rungs of the ladder is how I want it to stay.

I'm not saying that any part of me has for a moment even liked it that way....

Read: 'White Boy Privilege' Poem Full Transcript

Guilt kills. I hope he gets a good therapist before he clogs up the tailpipe of Daddy's BMW.

Dear everyone; get over it, I'm not sorry one bit. :violin

Indoctrination at such a young age too.
This kid learned this in his Jr. High private school.

I wonder if there was any counter argument to it?
Doubtful.

As a mom - this is another example of a mom/dad doing a child's homework LOL. My children would understand that lots of white young men are not born in privilege. They would know that in any part of the world you will find people of all colors living well and of all colors living not well. They will know about homeless veterans of all colors, of CEO's of all colors, of hard working people of all colors. They will know the truth and their poem would be much different. But it would also be THEIR work.

Most certainly indoctrination both by the kids parents and the kids school. Now imagine his one day becoming a Congressman or Senator? Oh wait. It'd be Bernie 2.0, wouldn't it?

Hit the nail right on the head wit this.

All just fpr the school and the kids parents to push their agenda. The kid is just a reflection of what's been programmed into him at this point.

I wonder what the poem should have contained to not be 'indoctrination' and 'programming'? Something you agree with?

I wonder what the poem should have contained to not be 'indoctrination' and 'programming'? Something you agree with?

How about not so many untruths.

How about anything but blatantly stupid? Blatantly excessively politically correct? How about something that's genuinely from a young boy of that age's perspective?

Indoctrination at such a young age too.
This kid learned this in his Jr. High private school.

I wonder if there was any counter argument to it?
Doubtful.

Indoctrination of basic human empathy. Yep, I'm for that.

How about not so many untruths.

You would expect a high level of accuracy and nuance from a 14 year old's own opinions and work in a poetry contest?

How about anything but blatantly stupid? Blatantly excessively politically correct? How about something that's genuinely from a young boy of that age's perspective?

You would expect a high level of accuracy and nuance from a 14 year old's own opinions and work in a poetry contest?

I would think he would do at least a cursory fact check before calling it His.

well in order to free themselves from guilt they should give away all their money to the unfortunate, enroll the kid in public school and live on their proceeds from writing more poetry...

no, never mind... no one could live on that salary.

I would think he would do at least a cursory fact check before calling it His.

I can spot 2, maybe 3 clear factual errors - gross exaggerations - in it, and a lot of insinuations which you could choose to see as falsehoods if you want to.

I'm sure all poets are sticklers for factual precision and try to avoid hyperbole and ambiguity like the plague, don't they? Especially the teenage ones keen to win a competition :lol:

Let's face it, if it had been something which the current critics agreed with, they might have said "This kid nailed it" or "Good to see not all kids are brainwashed." They might have speculated about parental contribution if it was too well-written or accurate, not the other way around!

I can spot 2, maybe 3 clear factual errors - gross exaggerations - in it, and a lot of insinuations which you could choose to see as falsehoods if you want to.

I'm sure all poets are sticklers for factual precision and try to avoid hyperbole and ambiguity like the plague, don't they? Especially the teenage ones keen to win a competition :lol:

Let's face it, if it had been something which the current critics agreed with, they might have said "This kid nailed it" or "Good to see not all kids are brainwashed." They might have speculated about parental contribution if it was too well-written or accurate, not the other way around!
Ok. Not all that important to me, had my say. Just another sad commentary of where we are.

Back
Top Bottom