• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which Voters Made Joe Biden President?

He had better choices, several in fact.

OK we part ways here. Harris is not a favourite of mine but she is not responsible or accountable for for the operational issues at the border. That is not what she was tasked with. That mess belongs squarely on the shoulders of the Director of Homeland Security and Biden.
Biden tasked Harris to lead the effort to address the illegal immigration challenge at our southern border and to collaborate with Central American nations on root cause analysis. This happened in March, and all Harris has done is visited close to the border in an area where illegal crossings are not a challenge and visited Mexico / Guatemaula with a message for migrants not to cross into the United States ("Don't do it!") and to encourage companies to expand and build in 3rd world countries.

Is she responsible for the operations? No .. she is responsible for solving the problem or at least mitigating it, which may include an operations aspect.

Biden tasked Harris to lead the effort to address the illegal immigration challenge at our southern border and to collaborate with Central American nations on root cause analysis.
That is not true. He only tasked her with the second part of your sentence, collaborating with Central America to address root causes. She was never tasked with the day to day issues at the border.

I'm with Calamity on this. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 but I also didn't vote for Clinton. She is the second worst person to ever vie for that job.

She is not a likeable woman. The country was weary of Clintons. She didn't campaign in the right places. She assumed too much.
Disagree----you have to speak for yourself on that one. I didn't hang with her , so I don't know how "likeable" she is---you friends with her or what?? Who was weary of the Clintons---not people I knew. Must be why HRC got 3 million more votes?? Her campaign was great----as most Americans voted her way. How do you know what she assumed???? She was clearly the most qualified, period.

That is not true. He only tasked her with the second part of your sentence, collaborating with Central America to address root causes. She was never tasked with the day to day issues at the border.

Biden taps VP Harris to lead response to border challenges
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden has tapped Vice President Kamala Harris to lead the White House effort to tackle the migration challenge at the U.S. southern border and work with Central American nations to address root causes of the problem.

I thought this was pretty funny .. looking back on it now .. betcha he doesn't think that now with record illegals pouring over the border, elicit drugs and COVID infected illegals.

“When she speaks, she speaks for me,” Biden said, noting her past work as California’s attorney general makes her specially equipped to lead the administration’s response.

@ jotathought

I don't care what the AP says that is not what Biden said.This is what he tasked her with.....a long term strategy to address the root causes of migration....but believe what you want.

"She is going to be focused on overseeing our diplomatic efforts, working closely with these nations to look at the issues of migration and their own enforcement on their own borders," an official said. "More broadly, though, she's going to be working to implement a long-term strategy that gets at the root causes of migration."

Tons of the parents that I know were simply tired of the horrible example that our immature ex-President set.

His words and actions were just too much.

For those of you that can handle the truth today's article in the WSJ, based on the PEW Research Center's study, will give you the facts as to how Biden beat Trump in 2020. Oddly, nothing was mentioned about rigged voting machines. ;)

The bottom line is;

"Mr. Biden prevailed because he made enormous gains in suburban America, increasing the Democratic vote share from 45% to 54% in a part of the country that is home to a majority (52%) of the electorate. Mr. Biden’s performance in the suburbs accounted for more than 100% of his 3-point improvement in the Democrats’ national vote share, easily swamping Republican gains in urban and rural America."

Read the entire story here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bi...democratic-base-11628631014?mod=hp_opin_pos_4
The President is President of all the people. He should always be elected by a majority of those people.

Joe Biden won because people disliked Trump and his response to COVID. It's pretty simple, and now we have a border crisis, we've lost 220K people from COVID under Biden and Harris is providing lackluster results for a potential 2024 presidential run. Eventually it will be a wash, rinse repeat.
Hello? We had a border crisis before Biden. He just chose to try to follow US law and treaty obligations. Naturally that produced a surge in attempted entries at the border. Following the law can get messy. Trump doesn’t care about those things.

Joe Biden got more votes because everyone with an IQ above 25 didn't vote for that piece of shit Trump, who also managed to lose the Senate for his party.
So while Biden was receiving more ballots than any candidate in history, even breaking Obama's 2008 record, the Democrats were busy getting creamed in down ballot races across the US. Sure.

How exactly did that happen ? Did millions of Americans cast the their vote for Biden and then vote straight ticket GOP ?
Where these Republicans voters who just couldn't stand Trump ?

Trump had a 94% favorability rating with Republicans going into the election, so that cant be it

Disagree----you have to speak for yourself on that one. I didn't hang with her , so I don't know how "likeable" she is---you friends with her or what?? Who was weary of the Clintons---not people I knew. Must be why HRC got 3 million more votes?? Her campaign was great----as most Americans voted her way. How do you know what she assumed???? She was clearly the most qualified, period.
I didn't love her, but I voted for her. No way I would vote for an ignorant lying conman like trump. Also, I wasn't going to throw my vote out and vote third party, that was a vote for trump and helped him get into office for four damaging years. Thanks to all who voted for President Biden this time, another four years of the traitor would destroy our country.

Hello? We had a border crisis before Biden. He just chose to try to follow US law and treaty obligations. Naturally that produced a surge in attempted entries at the border. Following the law can get messy. Trump doesn’t care about those things.
Neither do his loyal kneeling worshipers.

So while Biden was receiving more ballots than any candidate in history, even breaking Obama's 2008 record, the Democrats were busy getting creamed in down ballot races across the US. Sure.

How exactly did that happen ? Did millions of Americans cast the their vote for Biden and then vote straight ticket GOP ?
Where these Republicans voters who just couldn't stand Trump ?

Trump had a 94% favorability rating with Republicans going into the election, so that cant be it

What?

They got "creamed" to the point that they took over the US Senate in addition to the White House. Some cream.

Not every American votes down party lines. I voted for my Republican governor on the same ballot where I voted for Joe Biden. Because I'm a Republican who is too smart to vote for a piece of shit like Trump.

I didn't love her, but I voted for her. No way I would vote for an ignorant lying conman like trump. Also, I wasn't going to throw my vote out and vote third party, that was a vote for trump and helped him get into office for four damaging years. Thanks to all who voted for President Biden this time, another four years of the traitor would destroy our country.
Let's hope the damage is repairable

"Which Voters Made Joe Biden President?"

The stupid ones.

Really

Seems your opinion is in the minority.

Surely no rational intelligent American will be voting for the insane republican party in the next election.

Really

Surely no rational intelligent American will be voting for the insane republican party in the next election.
I would say intelligent might vote republican-----------------but not rational, for the most part. Rational but selfish = yes

I did speak for myself.

No, I'm not friends with her.

Who was weary of the Clintons? Obviously most Americans, since she lost to that piece of shit Trump.

I don't know what she assumed other than what she has said and what was reported for months.

I didn't say she wasn't more qualified than Trump. I didn't vote for Trump either. I voted for Gary Johnson and Bill Weld.

I still say the years Bill Clinton was in office were the best years in my lifetime for making money in a sustained steady way.

Republicans since Reagan seem to accelerate the economy, create some sort of bubble that eventually burst and put us in a recession.

Not to mention how they have ballooned our national debt.

Really

Well, why should they? Things are going so well under that geriatric jack-ass that's in the White House now, right?

Let's see....
1. Gas prices are up and we're begging for oil from OPEC after being energy independent under Trump, as predicted.
2. We now have the Delta virus to deal with and no plan for dealing with it.
3. The borders are being allowed to be over-run with illegals who are Covid positive, etc. No to mention gang-bangers, violent criminals...the list goes on, as predicted.
4. Inflation is up as predicted.
5. Biden is paying people to stay at home and not work while places of business starve for help.
6. Afghanistan is being turned into a hell-hole as predicted.
7. China and Russia are walking all over us, as predicted.
8. Trillions of dollars are being added to the national debt with no plan to pay it down, as predicted

I could go on...

Yep, the Republicans have no chance in the next election.

And even if they did, I doubt much would change.

Let's hope the damage is repairable
I do hope it is, but to be honest, with traitors around being so active still in the Trump Klan Party, it's not looking good. :(

GettyImages-77107911-1280x720.jpg

The ones who aren't stupid, and/or insane.....

For those of you that can handle the truth today's article in the WSJ, based on the PEW Research Center's study, will give you the facts as to how Biden beat Trump in 2020. Oddly, nothing was mentioned about rigged voting machines. ;)

The bottom line is;

"Mr. Biden prevailed because he made enormous gains in suburban America, increasing the Democratic vote share from 45% to 54% in a part of the country that is home to a majority (52%) of the electorate. Mr. Biden’s performance in the suburbs accounted for more than 100% of his 3-point improvement in the Democrats’ national vote share, easily swamping Republican gains in urban and rural America."

Read the entire story here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bi...democratic-base-11628631014?mod=hp_opin_pos_4
And you can trust Galston because? He was an adviser to Bill Clinton, he's not going to write anything positive about Trump or anything negative about the democrats concerning the 2020 election. The rise is due to ballots that didn't meet the law but judges said had to get counted.

I do hope it is, but to be honest, with traitors around being so active still in the Trump Klan Party, it's not looking good. :(

GettyImages-77107911-1280x720.jpg
Your view of America is very corrupted. Stop listening to CNN.

Back
Top Bottom