• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which of you Conservatives/Republicans will take a CentGov handout?

Most of the highway system is state owned and state maintained.
SS and medicare are paid for benefits.

The government giving my back the money i already paid them is not a hand out.
I will gladly take my money back.

Let me know when you return you tax cut that you received since you are always complaining about tax cuts.
don't let the hypocrisy door hit you on the way out.

Paid for benefits? :blink:

Paid for out of what exactly? If they are paid for through tax withholdings, when the government gives you back the money you paid them, for things like social security and Medicare, then they aren't paid for. You see that right? :think:

Not getting a check but would except a couple of rolls of Scott 1000.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Most of the highway system is state owned and state maintained.
SS and medicare are paid for benefits.

The government giving my back the money i already paid them is not a hand out.
I will gladly take my money back.

Let me know when you return you tax cut that you received since you are always complaining about tax cuts.
don't let the hypocrisy door hit you on the way out.

“Most of the highway system is state owned and state maintained.”

And the great majority of the cost is paid by the fed govt as proved by the following excerpts from the articles linked:

“Nearly as much of the cost of building and maintaining highways now comes from general taxes such as income and sales taxes (plus additional federal debt) as comes from gasoline taxes or other “user fees” on drivers.”

(See section “Roads don’t pay for themselves.”, one page down near middle):

https://www.infrastructureusa.org/who-pays-for-roads/

“Aside from gas taxes and individuals’ expenditures for their own driving, U.S. households bear on average an additional burden of more than $1,100 per year in taxes and other costs imposed by driving. Including:
o An estimated $597 per U.S. household per year in general tax revenue dedicated to road construction and repair.
o Between $199 and $675 per household per year in additional tax subsidies for driving, such as the sales tax exemption for gasoline purchases in many states and the federal income tax exclusion for commuter parking benefits.”

( See section “All of us bear the costs of roads.”, one page down, at the bottom):

https://www.infrastructureusa.org/who-pays-for-roads/

SS and medicare are paid for benefits.”

No duh. And paid by your federal taxes. And a service provided by the fed govt. That’s what I said. You said “I get very little from the federal government for the money I send them” and now you give me proof of what you get, confirming what I said, "benefits".

“The government giving my back the money i already paid them is not a hand out.
I will gladly take my money back.”

Agreed. It is not “free”.

“Let me know when you return you tax cut that you received since you are always complaining about tax cuts.
don't let the hypocrisy door hit you on the way out.”

I received no tax cut, coincidentally and beside your point and thus an inept statement on your part. I’m only complaining about giving tax cuts to those who have no need for it, personally, nor will any general economic benefit come of it, like investment that results in higher wages/employment of general benefit to the avg American.

...while texting, Facebooking, Message Boarding, Social Mediaing about slackers who take handouts from the CentGov?

And if you do, why were you not prepared for emergencies like this (3 months to a year)?

The handling of this pandemic is screwing up my way of life. Social distancing is slowing down the infections and also prolonging the infections. How long are we to wait w/o a job?

...while texting, Facebooking, Message Boarding, Social Mediaing about slackers who take handouts from the CentGov?

And if you do, why were you not prepared for emergencies like this (3 months to a year)?

I'll answer this rhetorical question on their behalf: every last one of them are taking it, and that's because with few exceptions what people call "conservatism" boils down to having one's cake and eating it to. That is, it involves a whole bunch of anti-government and anti-safetynet posery that lets them pretend to be righteous and principled when they know perfectly damn well that everything they claim to oppose will be there for their taking if they need/want.

Like Ayn Rand, they'll get on that Medicare and SS when the time comes. And like Ayn Rand, they'll spend from now until the time they need it arguing that we should slash each.

Actually they are giving me back most of the money that i have already paid them so i am not taking a hand out.
i am taking my money back.

did you return the tax cut money you received? if not why are you being hypocritical?

Moronic. Why would he. He isn't the one acting like programs that exist to help people should be destroyed.

If he's like me, he probably thinks taxes need to actually go up on all of us (to varying degrees) so that we're not borrowing money to fund tax cuts for the richest and large corporations that only ever use the proceeds to reward shareholders with stock buybacks; maybe even further to pay for some more things that would be best for all, ie, basic universal healthcare.

The handling of this pandemic is screwing up my way of life. Social distancing is slowing down the infections and also prolonging the infections. How long are we to wait w/o a job?

if you're a rugged and independent Republican who would never depend on the CentGov for a handout, then you're prepared.

why were you not prepared for emergencies like this (3 months to a year)?

The only thing I wasn't prepared for was being paid for not working with my state job and then receiving $2,400 for me and the wife from the Feds?

They'll all take the money.

Of course we will

The Fed Gov will just piss the money away on something else?

You betcha!

if you're a rugged and independent Republican who would never depend on the CentGov for a handout, then you're prepared.

You're right. I want a job and don't want a handout this mother of all pandemics is forcing us to take from the gov't.

The only thing I wasn't prepared for was being paid for not working with my state job and then receiving $2,400 for me and the wife from the Feds?

which is unlike many rugged and independent Republicans who need the CentGov handout to survive.

i think the most ironic ones will be the "Sovereign Citizens".

You're right. I want a job and don't want a handout this mother of all pandemics is forcing us to take from the gov't.

are you a republican?

which is unlike many rugged and independent Republicans who need the CentGov handout to survive.

i think the most ironic ones will be the "Sovereign Citizens".

"Sovereign Citizens".

These guys stay far away from Republicans trust me

I have been to their meetings(wink)

Of course we will

The Fed Gov will just piss the money away on something else?

You betcha!

the best part is that if King Tangface drives your party over the cliff, the next time this happens, you'll be on single payer, too. look forward to it.

Good, pass it my way for I can get even more of MY hard earned money back

Thank you

Republicans asking for MORE money.

I always knew what you guys were really like.

the best part is that if King Tangface drives your party over the cliff, the next time this happens, you'll be on single payer, too. look forward to it.

There's no reason to ever expect the US to go "single-payer". It's un-American.

Considering I pay to the Feds about 46K a year in taxes, yeah, I'll take whatever they send my way, BUT my understanding is that I don't qualify, which, if the true nature of the bailout of the peeps is accurate, then it makes sense. Meaning, I'm responsible, I have money, I invested well, and I saved even better. Plus I work in a career that has no real negative disposition to the current crisis. My wife has never needed to work, but she does, and always has, even carried our family for a time when I was briefly out of work, she WILL be getting $1200 back plus $1000 for the kids that still live with us, and SHE is planning on keeping it, and I can't think of a person more deserving of it. Hell even my two oldest kids, one in college and one on the way have worked since they were eligible, and they don't ask me for money, they simply weren't raised that way..

You're attempt in the OP to somehow tie receiving money back as being a hypocrite failed miserably. Most of the people getting that money back are in fact getting their own money back, and the irony lost in your failed attempt is that even though they're getting a modest amount of it back, a great deal more of what they paid in taxes, is going to other families that desperately need it, so, yeah, piss-poor misunderstood as usual.

Tim-

Back
Top Bottom