• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When do females lose their right to bodily autonomy?

• Total voters

mrjurrs

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
We can argue about the Constitutional right to privacy or due process, but that misses the point of this poll's question. The reality is that American citizens or persons that are female have less rights over their bodies than male American citizens or persons. When do they lose that right?

I would say become pregnant.

Last edited:
We can argue about the Constitutional right to privacy or due process, but that misses the point of this poll's question. The reality is that American citizens or persons that are female have less rights over their bodies than male American citizens or persons. When do they lose that right?

I don't do polls and in this case especially. "Lose their right" is obscene. Period. No one "loses" a right, it is stolen from them when they don't fight to keep it.

I am astonished at America' women and the bland on bland anemic response to Roe Wade being abolished.

All I can offer women in America is start burning down the barriers. If a majority of America's working women took one day off to protest nationally; those still saddled with "women's work", go on strike for a month. Men tend to become manageable when starving and have no clean clothes.

Stop dressing up, bathing, wearing make up, and do the opposite of what men ask.

Total war!

You will have autonomy with a month

Conception of the female human?
Viability of the female human?
Birth of the female human?

I don't think you thought out your poll answers very well, @mrjurrs.

Never

Stop dressing up, bathing, wearing make up, and do the opposite of what men ask.

Total war!

You will have autonomy with a month

You think women dress up, wear makeup and bathe only because men want them to? LOLOL!

Here is the definition of “autonomy” :

2CB81580-FD6B-4B43-93AC-2D7BA0183CB7.png

The answer is "never" because despite human laws, the only way they can truly stop a determined woman from aborting is to place her under 24/7 supervision. Natural law reigns supreme. Women will always control pregnancy and their own bodies. This isn't 1970. We have the internet now and there are how-to's everywhere online. It's not difficult to terminate a pregnancy and make it look like a miscarriage. So... elective abortion will still be around.

The ones who will suffer are the women with ectopic pregnancies and detached placentas who won't get medical care because their doctors religiously object or are too afraid of repercussions; or the women who were raped by their husbands or family members in incest and are under constant supervision by their abusers to make sure their devil spawn are born.

A test case to see whether a person who will die unless they get a new kidney or liver can now legally force a male closest donor to donate one of theirs. Just as a fetus has a legal right to force a woman to donate her body.

Thus far, "federally" never without due process. (Women have never been drafted, have they? I dont think so.)

It's going to eventually come to that with the states attempting to criminalize having abortions. That's why most of them are criminalizing 'providing' abortions instead.

But in the more neanderthal states, there will eventually be cases challenged up to federal court. And they will see that their law is superseded by federal law/the Const. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later, because as with most things, it is the socio-economically challenged that will suffer the most.

Thus far, "federally" never without due process. (Women have never been drafted, have they? I dont think so.)

It's going to eventually come to that with the states attempting to criminalize having abortions. That's why most of them are criminalizing 'providing' abortions instead.

But in the more neanderthal states, there will eventually be cases challenged up to federal court. And they will see that their law is superseded by federal law/the Const. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later, because as with most things, it is the socio-economically challenged that will suffer the most.
The people that need it the most will be the first ones left out. Not a single one of these politicians will ever deal with the fallout. They *always* will have the privilege of “choice.”

As the law stands, I would agree.
Okay might add a caveat to that. When they are “suspected” of pregnancy? Even “capable” of it?

Considering that the government controls which foods you may consume, which drugs you may inhale or inject into your own body, which risks you may take with your own body, can conscript your body into the army, and it even has laws preventing you from killing yourself, I'd say abortion laws are simply an extension of the state's never ending assault on bodily autonomy.

You said females should never lose their bodily autonomy. So female ZEFs should be off limits in abortions.

I'd go for that compromise...only male unborn can be aborted. Arent people always begging for compromises on the abortion issue?

Since males are responsible for ~90% of all violent crime in the US, I think it would be worth seeing how it went.

Would you go for that compromise Josie?

That depends on what state she's in.

Back
Top Bottom