• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's so wise about war, hate, and confusion?

I think it was.

See? It's possible to use both a carrot and a stick. Unless you're a terrified moron dementia victim with no ability to see what is happening all around you.

Those almost 200,000 soldiers didn't materialize on the Ukraine border. that was building up for months and months.

Sadly, every time the word "Putin" was said aloud in the Oval Office, Biden wet his pants and had to change his clothes.

What did that “carrot” do except teach Putin he can invade other nations and steal their land and no be punished for it?

What did that “carrot” do except teach Putin he can invade other nations and steal their land and no be punished for it?

You seem to be citing the carrot(s) offered/demonstrated by Bush, Obama and Biden.

During the Trump Administration, Putin did not "invade other nations and steal their land".

"If this is true, what else must be true?"

You seem to be citing the carrot(s) offered/demonstrated by Bush, Obama and Biden.

During the Trump Administration, Putin did not "invade other nations and steal their land".

No, he already had done that. And then Trump rewarded him for doing it by lifting the punishments that had been imposed against Putin.

I stated one part of my position in that thread. You either missed that part, ignored it, or dismissed it with a trivial response.

The solution to nuclear insanity is for the USG and Russian government to volunteer to go, or be forced to go, to the negotiation table and take all nuclear weapons off the military table.
of course I agree .......

There is no wisdom related to hate, war, genocide and confusion.

A beautiful prayer for world peace and an end to war and violence:

Lyrics:

Sometimes I lay under the moon
And thank God I'm breathin'
Then I pray, "Don't take me soon
'Cause I am here for a reason."

Sometimes in my tears I drown
But I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds
I know some day it'll all turn around because
All my life I've been waitin' for
I've been prayin' for
For the people to say
That we don't wanna fight no more
There'll be no more war
And our children will play

One day, one day, one day, oh

It's not about win or lose, 'cause we all lose
When they feed on the souls of the innocent
Blood-drenched pavement
Keep on movin' though the waters stay ragin'
In this maze
You can lose your way, your way
It might drive you crazy but
Don't let it faze you, no way, no way!

Sometimes in my tears I drown
But I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds
I know some day it'll all turn around because
I've been prayin' for
For the people to say
There'll be no more war

One day this all will change, treat people the same
Stop with the violence, down with the hate
One day we'll all be free, and proud to be
Under the same sun, singin' songs of freedom like
Why-ohh! (One day, one day) why-oh, oh, oh!
Why-ohh! (One day, one day) why-oh, oh, oh!

I've been prayin' for
For the people to say
There'll be no more war

No, he already had done that. And then Trump rewarded him for doing it by lifting the punishments that had been imposed against Putin.

Could be the "rewards" were due to the lack of aggression.

You hate Trump. I get it.

While hate often stops people from thinking, it doesn't have to.

Most people would agree that wars should be avoided but only utopic idiots think that should be at all costs,

Surely not this one?

The FACT remains: When Trump was in office, Putin's militarism was constrained. Before and after the time when Trump was in office, Putin's militarism was NOT constrained.

Hate does not require that you stop thinking.

Forget it, you guys are arguing with someone who thinks "peace, love, and understanding" works with murdering tyrants willing to kill women and children to make a point.

(How is finding that quote coming along btw @Antiwar?)

Could be the "rewards" were due to the lack of aggression.

While hate often stops people from thinking, it doesn't have to.

Russian troops were still occupying Crimea. The aggression was ONGOING.

The FACT remains: When Trump was in office, Putin's militarism was constrained. Before and after the time when Trump was in office, Putin's militarism was NOT constrained.

Hate does not require that you stop thinking.

If you are saying Putin invaded now because he thought Biden was going to be weak, obviously he miscalculated.

And if Trump was so effective in deterring and frustrating his plans, why would he spend so much money both in 2016 and 2020 to get Trump elected?

In 2016:

In 2020:

“ Russian President Vladimir Putin authorized "influence operations aimed at denigrating President Biden's candidacy and the Democratic Party, supporting former President Trump, undermining public confidence in the electoral process, and exacerbating sociopolitical divisions in the US."

One of Moscow's key strategies, the report said, was to use Russian intelligence-linked proxies to spread misleading claims and narratives among certain U.S. media outlets and individuals — "including some close to former President Trump and his administration."

Those plans were put in action by "a range of Russian government organizations," according to the report.”

Russian troops were still occupying Crimea. The aggression was ONGOING.

The aggression has stopped. It had turned into equilibrium.

The same thing had occurred in Afghanistan. The Taliban aggression had stopped and turned into equilibrium.

Words mean things.

If you are saying Putin invaded now because he thought Biden was going to be weak, obviously he miscalculated.

And if Trump was so effective in deterring and frustrating his plans, why would he spend so much money both in 2016 and 2020 to get Trump elected?

In 2016:

In 2020:

“ Russian President Vladimir Putin authorized "influence operations aimed at denigrating President Biden's candidacy and the Democratic Party, supporting former President Trump, undermining public confidence in the electoral process, and exacerbating sociopolitical divisions in the US."

One of Moscow's key strategies, the report said, was to use Russian intelligence-linked proxies to spread misleading claims and narratives among certain U.S. media outlets and individuals — "including some close to former President Trump and his administration."

Those plans were put in action by "a range of Russian government organizations," according to the report.”

Your willing self deception is odd.

Propagandists work to deceive the weak minded.

Don't be deceived.

Putin invaded because Biden demonstrated and stated publicly that he would not do anything about it.

Something in the messaging of Biden was changed from the messaging of Trump. We can't know what it was. We can only see what happened in the real world as the result of the things unknown to us.

"If this is true, what else is true?"

Putin did not invade anywhere until Trump was gone. What does this tell us?

Your willing self deception is odd.

Propagandists work to deceive the weak minded.

Don't be deceived.

Putin invaded because Biden demonstrated and stated publicly that he would not do anything about it.

Something in the messaging of Biden was changed from the messaging of Trump. We can't know what it was. We can only see what happened in the real world as the result of the things unknown to us.

"If this is true, what else is true?"

Putin did not invade anywhere until Trump was gone. What does this tell us?

OK. So if we are theorizing on the timing: Could it be that with Trump, Putin saw that NATO was getting undermined and destroyed by the US itself with his handpicked puppet in charge, and so was no threat; but when Biden came, he realized it was going to be a challenging force for him?

Just theorizing. It otherwise doesn’t make sense why Putin would want to spend so much money campaigning for Trump on social media in both 2016 and 2020. This seems to fit more of the facts than your theories.

The aggression has stopped. It had turned into equilibrium.

The same thing had occurred in Afghanistan. The Taliban aggression had stopped and turned into equilibrium.

Words mean things.

So when Hitler had fully occupied Czechoslovakia and hadn’t yet invaded Poland, you would say he wasn’t aggressive even though he was still sitting on the gains from his last aggression?

OK. So if we are theorizing on the timing: Could it be that with Trump, Putin saw that NATO was getting undermined and destroyed by the US itself with his handpicked puppet in charge, and so was no threat; but when Biden came, he realized it was going to be a challenging force for him?

Just theorizing. It otherwise doesn’t make sense why Putin would want to spend so much money campaigning for Trump on social media in both 2016 and 2020. This seems to fit more of the facts than your theories.

The actual money spent by Russians in our elections was in the thousands. Almost nothing in terms of the money spent by the candidates.

You seem to be seriously misinformed on this.

When a bully is constrained from action, it's because he fears the reaction of the guy who told him to be good.

Putin has no fear of the bungling old coot now in the White House. When Putin saw the disaster and deaths in Afghanistan led by the moron Biden, he knew what to expect from Biden if Russia invaded Ukraine.

What Putin did not expect was Zelenskyy. Neither did Biden. Neither did anyone. Who could know that a stand up comic was a charismatic leader of men and countries?

Zelenskyy is the hero in this. Biden is a confused and disoriented, bungling old man with no real sense of reality, courage or integrity.

So when Hitler had fully occupied Czechoslovakia and hadn’t yet invaded Poland, you would say he wasn’t aggressive even though he was still sitting on the gains from his last aggression?

Aggression is aggression.

Occupation is occupation.

The actual money spent by Russians in our elections was in the thousands. Almost nothing in terms of the money spent by the candidates.

You seem to be seriously misinformed on this.

When a bully is constrained from action, it's because he fears the reaction of the guy who told him to be good.

I’m not sure exactly how much Russian spent campaigning for Trump in 2016 and 2020. I’m not sure even the FBI or CIA know for sure.

But regardless, the amount doesn’t matter. Why would Putin spend any money on someone who is supposedly constraining him? It doesn’t make sense.

I’m not sure exactly how much Russian spent campaigning for Trump in 2016 and 2020. I’m not sure even the FBI or CIA know for sure.

But regardless, the amount doesn’t matter. Why would Putin spend any money on someone who is supposedly constraining him? It doesn’t make sense.

The Russians are probably just doing what they have witnessed the Americans doing for decades.

Regarding the advertising, I understood that the Russians spent thousands on Facebook advertising.

I don't recall EVER having seen the advertising they were supposed to have posted.

Did you see any? Link?

Back
Top Bottom