• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What's more important in a candidate?

What's more important in a candidate?

• Moral compass

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Political ideology

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Both

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
So you believe all this about Harris and Biden, but you don't believe the laundry list of offensive things Trump has said and all of the accusations against him? Is this because you have evidence for one and not the other, or is it simply what you prefer to believe?

You're missing the point. Leaving aside the validity of the accusations, Pence never called Trump a racist or rapist. Pence is practically a saint compared to Harris.

Prior to the last 20 years, I would argue that moral compass counts more then ideology. But now I cannot pretend that ideology is unimportant given what the GOP has become since 9-11. When a man like Bill Kristol writes an op-ed saying that conservatism is dead and will never rise again, you have to take notice. The GOP today is a dangerous political party and they should never, ever regain power until they reform or disappear entirely.

If I were forced to choose one, then it is political ideology.

For example, many people admired President Kennedy's political stance. Later on when we discovered some of his personal weaknesses (in regard to romantic affairs), many supporters may have been disappointed, but they still admired him.

So while I am not particularly thrilled by President Trump's personality, I like many (not all) of his political policies. That is why I plan to vote for him (although I realize that he is political toast).

Back
Top Bottom