• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What will be the fallout "IF" Roe Vs Wade is Overturned

If R VS W is repealed, I think we may see the importation of abortion pills that will be sold on the black market like any other illegal drug. Men will be slipping girlfriends the "PILL" weather she wants to keep the child or not. Of course all the illegal drugs won't be as advertised, being adultered with who knows what, and made in whatever back room pharmacy. Rich girls will slip off to other countries where abortion is legal, poor girls will have back room abortions, or try to raise the child maybe discovering what a wonderful thing a child is, or maybe not.

vergiss said:

You know, I have a feeling you would hate Australia. You seem the type to resent common sense. After all, the last person in Parliament to whinge about abortion caused a public outcry and was told off by the Prime Minister.
No free speech? Opposing opinions not allowed? What other forms of civil oppression are also popular down under?

Missouri Mule said:
What I resent are the liberal activist judges legislating from the bench. Roe v Wade is a national travesty and most of the division in our country dates roughly from its enactment in 1974. It should have been a states rights issue and we would never be in the fix we are today.
The decision was 7-2.....so please explain how this was a "liberal" ruling? 7-2 then, 6-3 now....seems to me that the court's balance is identical to the feelings of the American public.....

26 X World Champs said:
The decision was 7-2.....so please explain how this was a "liberal" ruling? 7-2 then, 6-3 now....seems to me that the court's balance is identical to the feelings of the American public.....

About to become 5-4, then with one more justice gone, 4-5;)

blogger31 said:
About to become 5-4, then with one more justice gone, 4-5;)
Sorry, wrong.....If Roberts is confirmed he has most recently (2003) said this:
Roberts also insisted he would respect Supreme Court precedent.

"Roe v. Wade is the settled law of the land. ... it's a little more than settled. It was reaffirmed in the face of a challenge ... There's nothing in my personal views that would prevent me from fully and faithfully applying that precedent," Roberts said in response to a question from Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Ill.
Here's my source, it's a good one, Fox News Channel:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163028,00.html

That makes it 6-3 still, meaning at least TWO more judges other than the Chief Justice (he voted against Roe v. Wade) would have to retire and then two more would have to be appointed who are against Roe V. Wade....not gonna happen....

Abortion will always be legal in the USA, period.

I wonder how the irrational Rapture Right will freak out when Roberts upholds Roe V. Wade?

vauge said:
I will pass on Australia. There are no guns to protect yourself. :(

This thread has completely turned into an "us vs them" instead of a discussion about the topic at hand. Roe v Wade.

Getting back on topic:
Overturing Roe v Wade would be one of the greatest achievments in the 21 century.

Repealing what is regarded as an international human right does not strike me as a great achievement.

26 X World Champs said:

That makes it 6-3 still, meaning at least TWO more judges other than the Chief Justice (he voted against Roe v. Wade) would have to retire and then two more would have to be appointed who are against Roe V. Wade....not gonna happen....

Abortion will always be legal in the USA, period.

I wonder how the irrational Rapture Right will freak out when Roberts upholds Roe V. Wade?

Yeah it is always interesting what happens when a justice actually gets on the bench. That answer was done in a confirmation hearing, and it is a standard answer to Roe v. Wade. If that is all you are banking on you are going to be sorely disappointed.

blogger31 said:
Yeah it is always interesting what happens when a justice actually gets on the bench. That answer was done in a confirmation hearing, and it is a standard answer to Roe v. Wade. If that is all you are banking on you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Actually, conservatives might be the ones disappointed. Seven of the nine current Supreme Court justices were nominated by conservative presidents. The court has remained liberal anyway.

Source:
http://www.oyez.org/oyez/portlet/justices/

alex said:
Actually, conservatives might be the ones disappointed. Seven of the nine current Supreme Court justices were nominated by conservative presidents. The court has remained liberal anyway.

Source:

Thank you for proving my point. What is said at the hearings bears no weight on the way the justices actually vote.

alex said:

Source:
One can almost hear Presidents Ford, Reagan, and Bush 41 goaning in unison, as once did the Brooklyn Dodger fans of old, "Dem bums! We wuz robbed."

alex said:

Source:
I wouldn't say that the court is liberal, but is rather moderate. It goes to show that Republicans nominate jurists while Democrats nominate ideologues. Look at the two Clinton appointed!!!

THe last forty years of American History will be judged in the same light as Nazi Germany, Bolshavik Russia, Pol Pot, and the Rwandan Geneocides.

Geneocide... Hmmm... I think they will label us as people who blindly believed an extremist view, one similar in scope with radical Islamism, and wonder how we could have thought that it was morally and/or legally okay to murder our own species, and then sell their parts on the open market for scientific research that seeks to extend the lives of the humans who were already born. I think abortion doctors will be sen in the same light as the Nazis that ran the death camps. So will their secretaries, nurses, and receptionists.

The disenfranchised majority, Americans that oppose abbortion, will be seen as the opressed majority. Similar to the black Africans in South Africa, as we have never been given the opportunity to vote on this issue. We are being held captive by a supreme court decision which has now been proven to have been based upon lies and misconstrued facts.

How will we be viewed. With utter disdain, and in the same light as Nazis.

26 X World Champs said:

That's a quote that should be taken in context, since at the time he was being considered for an appointment to the appellate court where he would have no standing to overturn a bad decision by the Supreme Court. We can only hope that, once he is confirmed, he will have the good sense to rectify the errors of his predecessors.

Back
Top Bottom