• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What was Trump doing with the documents he still had at Mar-a-Lago?

Presumed innocence? Well that explains the public search, then. Explains the automatic weapons the FBI guys carried, and the whole enchilada. They're concerned about his presumed innocence. That's why they treated him like a criminal. It all makes sense now.
Actually the agents were unarmed as well as in plainclothes. No FBI windbreakers.

I am interested in what former President Trump was doing with the documents he retained from the cache he removed from The White House and did not return to The National Archives. I have attempted to see what crime he might, allegedly, have been committing with them. According to experts from the Department of Justice and the FBI speaking on television, when the the DOJ applied for a search warrant a federal judge or magistrate would demand proof of an ongoing crime, not simply the original crime of removing the documents, which are potentially dangerous since they are classified, and the original crime of violating The Presidential Records Act.

The Department of Justice may be holding what was in the search warrant close to the vest. On television commentators have said he might be flushing documents down the Mar-a-Lago toilets as he flushed documents down White House toilets or eating them as he is alleged to have done or burning them as Mark Meadows is alleged to have done. There was also a videotape of the former president hosting Russian dignitaries in the Oval Office as he proudly showed them classified American material.

I wonder when we will learn what President Trump was suspected of doing with the documents he withheld and if he was using them to help any other foreign power or powers. I also wonder which newspaper will be the one to find out the answer. I am betting it will be either a reporter or reporters from "The New York Times" or "The Washington Post". Supposedly Donald Trump and his legal team have a copy of the search warrant. I do not know if the current crime with which he had to be accused had to be written in in the search warrant or if it could be told orally to the judge or magistrate, but allegedly there had to be one in order for a search warrant to issued. Allegedly there had to be present danger of letting the subpoenaed materials stay where they were, danger of a crime.
Thank you. I have similar questions, like WTH, Don? What were/are you thinking? Of course you are so much more eloquent.
I hope someone can explain it to those of us who aren't legal scholars.

Ask the DOJ for the affidavit for the warrant.
They don't release sworn affidavits because it can taint a future jury pool. However, the fact is anyone that has ever watched even an hour of COPS knows that claiming the cops are planting evidence are the desperate efforts of every criminal that knows he is caught. "That wasn't my bag of coke under the car seat, the cops planted it..."

Last edited:
Presumed innocence? Well that explains the public search, then. Explains the automatic weapons the FBI guys carried, and the whole enchilada. They're concerned about his presumed innocence. That's why they treated him like a criminal. It all makes sense now.
Trump publicized the search, not the FBI. The FBI by the way that is ran by a Trump appointee. Moreover, as you know, our law enforcement in the United States is an armed law enforcement.

Actually the agents were unarmed as well as in plainclothes. No FBI windbreakers.
I think someone is getting their new primarily from talk radio and MAGA websites.

I think someone is getting their new primarily from talk radio and MAGA websites.
The guy who shot the nail gun inside FBI headquarters in Cincinnati was one of them. Other similarly bright people also do.

I'd like to know what top secret documents he still has. Hell, he probably went out and bought a throwaway camera and took pictures of a bunch of shit.

Trump was the one who publicized the search.

The FBI had FIREARMS ! Horrors! But it’s okay for teachers to have them, right?

You’re just grasping at straws. Have a lovely day.
When all you have is shit to work with, the straws are the sturdiest part to grab on to.

Mar-a-Lago was closed for the Summer at the time.

I'd like to know what top secret documents he still has. Hell, he probably went out and bought a throwaway camera and took pictures of a bunch of shit.
I'd like to know if he transported any of them elsewhere... like to Bedminster or Trump Tower... and whether there are searches being conducted there, too. If he moved any of them, that indicates he did so with malice aforethought.

Because to protect someone's presumed innocence, the justice department would never release details of an ongoing investigation.

Don't forget, Trump was the one who alerted everyone about the search.
Isn't it amazing that the DoJ is being criticized for the courtesy of actually protecting Trump's interests as they are pursuing a felony criminal violation?

Back
Top Bottom