• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What voting process does your precinct use?

What are the mechanics of your election sytem?

• Paper ballots placed in a box for hand tabulation later.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Touch screen device with no print out of your vote offered.

• Lever machine where you flip levers then crank a handle down once you have made all your choices.

• Total voters

Minerva

Of the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I recently posted a topic concerning hand counting of votes in a Texas county GOP primary.
It has brought up the sub topic of how people cast their votes.
In my state you are issued a paper ballot and it is tabulated by an optical scanner. The ballots are kept and secured in sealed boxes in case of a challenge they can be retabulated or hand counted.

So with that in mind I would like to ask you election balloting tabulations are conducted in your area.

Just for giggle and grins, list the population of your state. If you don't want to disclose where you live you can round up or down a bit.
I am including some ways to vote that may exist, I'm just not sure if they do.

State Population

We woke Canadians use every method possible to count as many votes as possible.

Touch screen voting booth where a printed ballot is produced behind glass, you review it and then it is stored IN the machine as a physical backup of the electronic vote.

NJ - 9.3 million according to your link.

(You can also vote by mail here - physical ballot you return either in person, via USPS or via locked drop boxes at specific locations)

Arizona uses paper ballots that are tabulated by electronic machines. The only people who don't vote on paper ballots within this state are those who physically aren't able to. Link

Arizona uses paper ballots that are tabulated by electronic machines. The only people who don't vote on paper ballots within this state are those who physically aren't able to. Link
Our tabulation machines are set up to accommodate the blind. They wear headphones and it reads the ballot to them. Kind of cumbersome. They can also have a friend help them, they just need to sign forms for that.

I recently posted a topic concerning hand counting of votes in a Texas county GOP primary.
It has brought up the sub topic of how people cast their votes.
In my state you are issued a paper ballot and it is tabulated by an optical scanner. The ballots are kept and secured in sealed boxes in case of a challenge they can be retabulated or hand counted.

So with that in mind I would like to ask you election balloting tabulations are conducted in your area.

Just for giggle and grins, list the population of your state. If you don't want to disclose where you live you can round up or down a bit.
I am including some ways to vote that may exist, I'm just not sure if they do.

State Population

Dead voters are counted last.

I used to love the old lever machines, but I think NY has switched them out - I haven't voted since I moved back to NY, so I guess I'll find out this year.

My precinct uses paper ballots slid through a slot in a locked box for later electronic tabulation.

My wife and I use absentee voting and fill out the ballots in the comfort of our home. Then I bring the ballots in, slide them into the box, collect my "I Voted" sticker and boom, I'm in and out in 30 seconds. Take that, tyranny!

A trifle less than 40 million in my state. I think it pretty obvious which one that is.

But there's no one statewide system here. In my state different counties use different methods.

Last edited:
My precinct uses paper ballots slid through a slot in a locked box for later electronic tabulation.

My wife and I use absentee voting and fill out the ballots in the comfort of our home. Then I bring the ballots in, slide them into the box, collect my "I Voted" sticker and boom, I'm in and out in 30 seconds. Take that, tyranny!

A trifle less than 40 million in my state. I think it pretty obvious which one that is.

But there's no one statewide system here. In my state different counties use different methods.
Our ballot boxes are equipped with a separate locked compartment that can be used if the tabulation machine shoots craps on us. When it does all ballots are to be placed in it so it they can be tabulated later.

Back
Top Bottom