• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the Israeli Genocide of Gaza has taught me...

Except its true. The Hamas pigs' charter calls for the total destruction of the state of Israel and to kill Jews wherever they are. So for us Jews its kill or be killed. I pick killing. Remember: the Hamas pigs are not the Palestinian people, with whom I have little beef other than the fact that they elected the pigs.

I wish people HERE would concern themselves with the $hit-pigs that many Republicrat dolts have $elected for high government offices HERE. Mind. Your. Business.

"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

Hey, another post from you with zero mention of the politicians who DO oppose the genocide - like Rashida Tlaib because hey why tell the whole story instead of excluding the other side? It's more fun to say "Republicrat" a lot and ignore the ones who don't fit it. Helping the "Republicrats".

:rolleyes:

What % of ?your Democrats will be voting for the latest $100,000,000,000 in planetary mass-murder appropriation$?!? REALITY, Craig!

I wish people HERE would concern themselves with the $hit-pigs that many Republicrat dolts have $elected for high government offices HERE. Mind. Your. Business.

"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
This is a political forum. If you don’t want to discuss politics-including leaders of other countries-maybe you’d be happier on a different forum.

What % of ?your Democrats will be voting for the latest $100,000,000,000 in planetary mass-murder appropriation$?!? REALITY, Craig!

As I have said many times, I estimate 80% of Congress, with nearly all Republicans and a majority of Democrats are owned by the Israel (worse than Hamas) lobby. What % of the Democrats who are on the other side of the issue will you include to mention in your 'Republicrat' rants? We've seen the answer: zero. You yell 'reality' the way Biden yells protest against the genocide. Words you don't follow. You help the warmongers doing that.

As I have said many times, I estimate 80% of Congress, with nearly all Republicans and a majority of Democrats are owned by the Israel (worse than Hamas) lobby. What % of the Democrats who are on the other side of the issue will you include to mention in your 'Republicrat' rants? We've seen the answer: zero. You yell 'reality' the way Biden yells protest against the genocide. Words you don't follow. You help the warmongers doing that.

No, Craig... YOU help 'the warmongers'... btw, your math skills are suspect...REALITY, Craig!

As I have said many times, the stinking Republicans and the/?your stinking Democrats ALWAYS find a way to foment war. The/?your stinking Democrats voted 47 YES and 3 NO in the U$ Senate to appropriate close to $100 billion to fund the current murderous 'war program'... Ime only a naive partisan cheerleader could/would quibble about whether the stinking Republicans or the/?your stinking Democrats are the worse warmongers... Word.

"Early on Tuesday morning, the Senate passed a $95.3 billion bill to provide aid to Ukraine, Israel, and Taiwan by a 70-29 margin.

Most of the votes against the bill came from Republicans, some of whom were opposed to providing $60 billion in Ukraine aid while others protested the lack of border security provisions.

But three members of the Senate Democratic Conference joined them, protesting the $14 billion in Israel aid: Peter Welch of Vermont, Jeff Merkley of Oregon, and Bernie Sanders of Vermont, an independent who caucuses with Democrats.

While all three are supportive of Ukraine aid, all said that they could not support providing Israel with more weapons amid its devastating war in Gaza, which the country launched after the October 7 Hamas terrorist attacks. Since the war began, more than 28,000 Palestinians have been killed..."

Last edited:
1) Progressives (as a movement) are always on the right side of history.
Those people you're siding with would kill you.
2) Progressives are the only one invested in fighting against fascism.
Defending yourself form theocratic extremists that make Westboro Baptist look like hippie commies isn't fascism.
3) Progressives who are progressive except when it comes to Israel are not actually progressives.
No true Scotsman fallacy.
4) There was never a chance Israel wouldn't end up this way due to the foundation of political Zionism,
*due to them being surrounded by people who want nothing but their blood
5) The emotion investment in Israel has far more to do with Israel being the embodiment of Western White Privilege than anything else.
White privilege? Now you're just spewing cliché talking points divorced from reality. Currently 20% of the population of Israel are Arab and 73% are Jews. Jews is not synonymous with white. Almost 1 million Jews were expelled or fled Muslim majority nations from the MENA region and Asia.
6) How the Holocaust happened, and was allowed to happen, should now be clear to everyone. We are seeing it now.
Really? Germany went to war with the Jews because the Jews carried out a terrorist attack against Germany 15x greater than 9/11? Can you give me a link to that?
7) If Biden's re-election is salvaged and a second coming of Trump is averted, it will be because of progressives who've had the moral clarity to exert pressure to avoid the incoming train. And as usual, progressives will have saved Democrats from themselves.
Biden is the reason why all this happened in the first place, because he's soft. You need to be openly more firm to avert extremists carrying out attacks. This all happened under Biden. When Trump was in office four Arab countries resumed diplomatic relations with Israel.

Thanks for the bulleted format. I made it easy to demonstrate the ridiculous nature of what you said.

Biden is the reason why all this happened in the first place, because he's soft. You need to be openly more firm to avert extremists carrying out attacks. This all happened under Biden. When Trump was in office four Arab countries resumed diplomatic relations with Israel.

Thanks for the bulleted format. I made it easy to demonstrate the ridiculous nature of what you said.

lol

"This thing happened while someone was president" is the dumbest possible argument. If you're going to suspect anything, suspect Russia/Iran for urging Hamas to do this now, to take eyes off Ukraine. It's got nothing to do with Biden.

lol

"This thing happened while someone was president"
This girl caught a 101 lb. catfish under Biden. She loves Joe.

videoframe_54741.jpg

is the dumbest possible argument. If you're going to suspect anything, suspect Russia/Iran for urging Hamas to do this now, to take eyes off Ukraine. It's got nothing to do with Biden.

lol

"This thing happened while someone was president" is the dumbest possible argument.
It's not dumb to note who helmed the ship while everything fell off the cliff.
If you're going to suspect anything, suspect Russia/Iran for urging Hamas to do this now, to take eyes off Ukraine. It's got nothing to do with Biden.
I don't deny that, especially Iran's involvement, which is right out in the open. But Biden has been soft on Iran, despite all their provocations, which include supporting attacks on international shipping lanes through the Houthis, and supporting the OCT 7th attack. None of that means that Biden wasn't a failure.

The fact you refer to Israeli operations in Gaza as "genocide" tells me all I need to know.
😆

You're wasting my time, not reading more.

Lol! I'm exposing a person who fancies himself 'anti-war' :poop: as they support a stinking rotten warmongering political party that just voted 47-3 in the U$ Senate to double down and pour illion$ more into the stinking rotten warmongering. Anti-war?! :poop:

It's not dumb to note who helmed the ship while everything fell off the cliff.

Except that it absolutely is unless they took an action that caused the thing or meaningfully contributed it, and "Biden is weak and therefore bad thing happened" is the same thing said about every Democratic president in my lifetime. It doesn't mean anything other than "I don't like this guy, so anything bad that happens in the world is going to be the fault of his weakness".

So for example, you can lay the sloppiness of the Afghanistan withdrawal at Biden's feet, since he waited too long to evacuate people, with bad consequences. But you can't lay the collapse of the government and army at his feet because their weakness was the result of failures between Trump, Obama, and Bush: we set up a corrupt government the Afghanis simply didn't want, and either did not detect it or shrugged at it, assuming the next guy would change things. Meanwhile, Trump is the one who negotiated the withdrawal plan with Afghanistan, picking a date where he would either be president and in his second/final term when the withdrawal inevitably went tits up.

Wanna know weakness? Trump running his mouth, insinuating nuclear threats, then meeting Un in the TMZ to lick his ass all the while grinning like an idiot. Even worse than doing nothing. He legitimized Un by doing that. Fortunately, Un isn't insane so he did not decide this "weakness" was a basis for doing anything.

Wanna know a surprisingly naive mistake? Obama failing to get the kind of sanctions on Russia that Biden did. That signalled this guy isn't going to do anything. Meanwhile, Trump? Dude announces he trusts Putin more than our intelligence agencies, allows no record of conversations, and follows behind Putin like a leashed dog.

Wanna know the opposite of weakness? The way Biden whipped Europe into high gear in giving aid to Ukraine, something only stopped up here because of GOP swine who just want to please daddy Trump.

Whether strength has any effect different from weakness re: Russia is to be judged by the future. And of course, shows of strength don't necessarily matter. See Nixon's secret plan and the devastation of Cambodia. Still lost the war. Regardless of the future, Biden isn't "weak". He just doesn't make Trumpian paper tiger threats he doesn't mean to carry out.

Yes, "this bad stuff happened because someone in the other party was weak" is moronic.

RepublicratZ + IZraelis = :poop:

"..The Lavender AI system is a new weapon, developed by Israel. But the kind of kill lists that it generates have a long pedigree in U.S. wars, occupations and CIA regime change operations. Since the birth of the CIA after the Second World War, the technology used to create kill lists has evolved from the CIA’s earliest coups in Iran and Guatemala, to Indonesia and the Phoenix program in Vietnam in the 1960s, to Latin America in the 1970s and 1980s and to the U.S. occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Just as U.S. weapons development aims to be at the cutting edge, or the killing edge, of new technology, the CIA and U.S. military intelligence have always tried to use the latest data processing technology to identify and kill their enemies.

The CIA learned some of these methods from German intelligence officers captured at the end of the Second World War. Many of the names on Nazi kill lists were generated by an intelligence unit called Fremde Heere Ost (Foreign Armies East), under the command of Major General Reinhard Gehlen, Germany’s spy chief on the eastern front(see David Talbot, The Devil’s Chessboard, p. 268)..."

1) Progressives (as a movement) are always on the right side of history. Moderates and liberals are only on the right side of history when they agree with progressives,
No need to read any more! LOL
and the few times when the right-wing is on the right side of history, it's because there is an overlap with progressives on the conclusion, but not the way in which that conclusion is reached. For example, progressives and libertarians can overlap on foreign policy, but non-intervention is not reached from a point of morality for libertarians. It's not a concern of the life of people in other regions. If you want to be on the right side of history (and not be right for the sake of might), then look to what progressives are saying. I honestly can't think of a single moment and history where progressives haven't been mostly or entirely correct. If you want to be right through sheer force, then its not the ideology for you.

2) Progressives are the only one invested in fighting against fascism. Moderates vote blue to protect their power and the status quo which they benefit from, not to fight fascism. Moderates are line-towers who are as morally bankrupt as the worst Trumpers. And always remember that fascism cannot exist without a corrupt moderate establishment.

3) Progressives who are progressive except when it comes to Israel are not actually progressives. The foundation for the movement is that it applies equally to all people and all situations, even if you are on the losing end.

4) There was never a chance Israel wouldn't end up this way due to the foundation of political Zionism, which has as much to do with Jewishness and Judaism as Christianity did for American colonizers (meaning almost none). It was first and foremost about white colonization and displacement of the indigenous population. You can't say that Jews deserve the territory because of a 2000 year claim, because the Jews who settled in Israel were European. And prior to the Israeli Jews, the land belonged to Egypt. And you can't say it was about religion because the founders of Israel were almost exclusively secular or atheist. It was always about stealing land. It was about stealing land in 1948, in the 1970s, in 2000s and in 2024.

5) The emotion investment in Israel has far more to do with Israel being the embodiment of Western White Privilege than anything else. At every single turn, Israel has been given the benefit of the doubt over the Palestinians, and given infinite runway to make 'mistakes'. It's just assumed from jump that Israel are the good guys and come from everything with a pure heart, and Palestinians are the savage baddies. That is the foundation of Western framing, and its baked into the brains of every single person who continues to defend Israel. The ability to have this innate benefit-of-the-doubt and steamroll through any sense of morality, decency, hypocrisy is such a powerful driving force that it is blinding.

6) How the Holocaust happened, and was allowed to happen, should now be clear to everyone. We are seeing it now.

7) If Biden's re-election is salvaged and a second coming of Trump is averted, it will be because of progressives who've had the moral clarity to exert pressure to avoid the incoming train. And as usual, progressives will have saved Democrats from themselves.

No need to read any more! LOL

Maybe you and cpwill should team up and school me on history. I'M WAITING.

Also, I should mention that progressives are the conscience of humanity. Without this movement, there'd never be abolition. There'd never be Civil Rights. Every atrocity has in human history has been due to the absence of the progressive movement, not its presence. Moderates stand by and watch, or worse are complicit. Conservatives and the right-wing are the cause.

I will take on all challengers who think they can school me otherwise.

Those people you're siding with would kill you.

You mean Arabs / Palestinians? There goes your racism again.

Defending yourself form theocratic extremists that make Westboro Baptist look like hippie commies isn't fascism.

Should I defend the Westboro Baptist-esque thugs running Israel who are in the position of power to change things, but have opted to embrace fascism?

No true Scotsman fallacy.

It's true.

*due to them being surrounded by people who want nothing but their blood

White privilege? Now you're just spewing cliché talking points divorced from reality. Currently 20% of the population of Israel are Arab and 73% are Jews. Jews is not synonymous with white. Almost 1 million Jews were expelled or fled Muslim majority nations from the MENA region and Asia.

Apartheid had plenty of black people. It's kind of the point.

Really? Germany went to war with the Jews because the Jews carried out a terrorist attack against Germany 15x greater than 9/11? Can you give me a link to that?

"The centre of the war is in Palestine, but its dimensions are much wider. When we say that the Arabs are the aggressors and we defend ourselves — this is only half the truth. As regards our security and life we defend ourselves and our moral and physical position is not bad. We can face the gangs... and were we allowed to mobilize all our forces we would have no doubts about the outcome... But the fighting is only one aspect of the conflict which is in its essence a political one. And politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves. Militarily, it is we who are on the defensive who have the upper hand ... but in the political sphere they are superior. The land, the villages, the mountains, the roads are in their hands. The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country, while we are still outside. They defend bases which are theirs, which is easier than conquering new bases... let us not think that the terror is a result of Hitler's or Mussolini's propaganda — this helps but the source of opposition is there among the Arabs." - David Ben-Gurion

"I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?" - David Ben-Gurion

Palestinian extremists bad. Israeli extremists good.

I stand by everything and eternally challenge you to even try to refute a single point.

Should I defend the Westboro Baptist-esque thugs running Israel who are in the position of power to change things, but have opted to embrace fascism?
The part in bold is extremely ignorant. The only people who have the power to change this are Palestinians collectively giving up on terrorism and deciding to live in peace.
It's true.
Doubling down on No True Scotsman Fallacy.
There is no aprtheid. That is a lie, and always has been a lie. The West Bank and Gaza are NOT part of Israel.
"The centre of the war is in Palestine, but its dimensions are much wider. When we say that the Arabs are the aggressors and we defend ourselves — this is only half the truth. As regards our security and life we defend ourselves and our moral and physical position is not bad. We can face the gangs... and were we allowed to mobilize all our forces we would have no doubts about the outcome... But the fighting is only one aspect of the conflict which is in its essence a political one. And politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves. Militarily, it is we who are on the defensive who have the upper hand ... but in the political sphere they are superior. The land, the villages, the mountains, the roads are in their hands. The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country, while we are still outside. They defend bases which are theirs, which is easier than conquering new bases... let us not think that the terror is a result of Hitler's or Mussolini's propaganda — this helps but the source of opposition is there among the Arabs." - David Ben-Gurion

"I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?" - David Ben-Gurion
More dodging on your part. The Holocaust did not happen because Jews carried out a terrorist attack 15x greater than 9/11, which is what the Palestinians did. In fact, there were very real Holocausts attempted in that region, but it was also still against the Jews. Fortunately the Jews have won all of them, because they'd only have to lose one war for there to be no more Jews. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Israel
Petulant non-rebuttal.
I stand by everything and eternally challenge you to even try to refute a single point.
I've refuted all your points while you've only even attempted maybe less than half, and even your attempts are weak.

It's true.

Alas, ime when discussing this issue I find myself dealing with naive, brain-laundered people. Ask them what they know about 'Zionism' and you get $hit.

They cheerlead/apologize for people who have, for decades, taken 100 eyes for every one eye despite their Magical Sky WiZard commanding them to take only 'one eye for one eye'... [The WiZard's only son preached 'zero eyes for one eye' yet MANY of them support mass-murder...i sense some of them like secret/obfuscated mass-murder so they don't have to process it....

Ime, the Republicrat tent is chock-full of some awful twisted sisters... ugh...

Except its true. The Hamas pigs' charter calls for the total destruction of the state of Israel and to kill Jews wherever they are. So for us Jews its kill or be killed. I pick killing. Remember: the Hamas pigs are not the Palestinian people, with whom I have little beef other than the fact that they elected the pigs.
Just like in Vietnam, when people don't wear uniforms, how do you distinguish between combatant and civilian? If you are an innocent civilian in Palestine and Israel kills your family members who are also innocent civilians, who do you think they think the pigs are?

Just like in Vietnam, when people don't wear uniforms, how do you distinguish between combatant and civilian? If you are an innocent civilian in Palestine and Israel kills your family members who are also innocent civilians, who do you think they think the pigs are?

Hopefully someday Republicrat imperialists begin to understand 'we' shouldn't have been killing people in either place!!!! alas... Republicrats! :poop:

The part in bold is extremely ignorant. The only people who have the power to change this are Palestinians collectively giving up on terrorism and deciding to live in peace.

You mean submit and bow their heads as Israel continues its century-long quest to steal land, which is unfortunately the very foundation of political Zionism, according to those who literally founded Israel.

Doubling down on No True Scotsman Fallacy.

Sure, if it is correct. You realize that citing a logical fallacy is not actually an argument, right? It's a Debate Pro tactic, and frankly, you're not up to the challenge.

There is no aprtheid. That is a lie, and always has been a lie. The West Bank and Gaza are NOT part of Israel.

The Israeli regime enacts in all the territory it controls (Israeli sovereign territory, East Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip) an apartheid regime. One organizing principle lies at the base of a wide array of Israeli policies: advancing and perpetuating the supremacy of one group – Jews – over another – Palestinians. B’Tselem rejects the perception of Israel as a democracy (inside the Green Line) that simultaneously upholds a temporary military occupation (beyond it). B’Tselem reached the conclusion that the bar for defining the Israeli regime as an apartheid regime has been met after considering the accumulation of policies and laws that Israel devised to entrench its control over Palestinians.

Full political rights: for Jews only, in the entire area​

All the Jewish citizens who live between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea can fully participate in Israel’s general elections. They can vote, run for office and promote their agendas in various ways. They can be elected for parliament and serve as ministers.

Currently, about 10% of all Jews living under the regime for which the elections are being held reside beyond the Green Line, in more than 200 settlements built throughout the West Bank. Thanks to the legal framework Israel instated, their right to political participation remains untouched despite living outside Israel’s sovereign territory, and they can vote and run for office like all Jewish citizens living west of the Green Line.

More dodging on your part. The Holocaust did not happen because Jews carried out a terrorist attack 15x greater than 9/11, which is what the Palestinians did.

If Israel experienced 9/11 x 15, what does that say about 12,500 children killed in Gaza? This doesn't count the orphans, those with missing limbs, etc. Not to mention those who are starving to death because people like you.

In fact, there were very real Holocausts attempted in that region, but it was also still against the Jews. Fortunately the Jews have won all of them, because they'd only have to lose one war for there to be no more Jews. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Israel

Don't conflate Israel with Jews. It's very antisemitic, and I don't like speaking with antisemites.

One day, America won't be there to protect Israel. And it's unfortunate that Israel has spent the past 70 years spitting in the face of the entire region. If I were concerned about my existence, I'd start making ammends.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Israel
Petulant non-rebuttal.

Why is Israeli extremism better and more noble than Palestinian extremism?

I've refuted all your points while you've only even attempted maybe less than half, and even your attempts are weak.

Citing a logical fallacy was an old tactic in 1996, employed by the lowest rung of discussion participants.

You mean submit and bow their heads as Israel continues its century-long quest to steal land, which is unfortunately the very foundation of political Zionism, according to those who literally founded Israel.
Nope. Just live in peace. That's it. You keep acting like if you just ignore multiple wars of attempted genocide on the part of the Palestinians and all the surrounding countries, that I'll forget and you'll be off the hook. That if you don't address the fact that launching indiscriminate rocket bombardment is a war crimes and Palestinians have been doing that in the hundreds, year after year, that I'll forget and you'll be off the hook. That's not going to happen.
Sure, if it is correct. You realize that citing a logical fallacy is not actually an argument, right? It's a Debate Pro tactic, and frankly, you're not up to the challenge.
A progressive can be a progressive in all things and not support an extremist genocidal government and populous in Gaza. Even if your skewed POV of the conflict is accepted, one singular issue that involves something on the entire side of the other world doesn't make someone not a progressive because they don't side with you on it. You aren't the arbiter of the matter and it is the very definition of a No True Scotsman Fallacy.
*sigh*...your link is utter bullshit, for the very reason I had already predicted ahead of time. The West Bank and Gaza are NOT part of Israel. They are not. Israel has absolutely zero obligation to those territories, especially considering they want Israel destroyed. Your own link fallaciously points to the West Bank and Israel, as I knew anything you posted would:

"The Israeli regime enacts in all the territory it controls (Israeli sovereign territory, East Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip) an apartheid regime."

That's not Israel, and therefore there is no apartheid. Actual Arab-Israelis have all the rights Jewish Israelis do.
If Israel experienced 9/11 x 15, what does that say about 12,500 children killed in Gaza? This doesn't count the orphans, those with missing limbs, etc. Not to mention those who are starving to death because people like you.
Those casualties are on the heads of HAMAS. They are deaths that resulted from a war that HAMAS started and then it was HAMAS that purposefully uses human shields as a tactic. You're barking up the wrong tree.
Don't conflate Israel with Jews. It's very antisemitic, and I don't like speaking with antisemites.

One day, America won't be there to protect Israel. And it's unfortunate that Israel has spent the past 70 years spitting in the face of the entire region. If I were concerned about my existence, I'd start making ammends.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Israel
This is the most stupid out of the utterly stupid attempts at a point of your entire response. This point is trapped under the ice for an hour and revived brain damaged level of stupid. If there weren't Jews in Israel there wouldn't be an Israel. If there wasn't Jews in Israel, all the Arab nations and people surrounding it wouldn't be trying to kill them. And the audacity to say Israel is "spitting in the face of the entire region" when the entire region has tried to completely wipe them out multiple times is...I don't know. I don't know of a word that could really plumb the depths of how utterly idiotic that sentiment is. The Large Hadron Collider would have to spark a mini black hold inside someone's head and create a vacuum from which no light could except to construct a point so devoid of intelligence as what you wrote.
Why is Israeli extremism better and more noble than Palestinian extremism?
Why do you think Israel should always be subject to wars of extermination and endless terrorist attacks and do nothing about it?
Citing a logical fallacy was an old tactic in 1996, employed by the lowest rung of discussion participants.
I've done much more than call out your logic fallacy, though your rebuttals maybe be well outside the range of logic fallacies as even those fallacies has a form of reason to them. Your responses do not.

Back
Top Bottom