• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Progressive movie remakes would you like to see?

MrNiceGuy

Symbiotic Pnemonic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The movie industry is really improving movies by remaking them in accordance with modern morals and in woke fashion. Old stereotypes and traditons are being broken.

I see a remake of the movie "Officer and a Gentleman" in our future, renamed, "Officer and a Lady." The protagonist, a wild-eyed female cadet named Zacharee "Zach" Mayo, full of angst and bad attitude develops into a fine military officer under the rough and tumble tutelage of drill Sergeant Emilie Foley, and all the while Zach develops a romance with Paul, an outsider and hang-around naval base groupie who works in a local factory. At the end, Zacharee struts into the factory, lifts Paul up into her arms and bodily carries him out of the factory, while all the local guys cheer on one of their own who has found his princess to lift him out of desperation.....he smiles coquettishly, as he playfully takes her cap in hand and places it on his own head.... Such a remake would really overcome the built-in sexism in which the original Officer and a Gentleman was steeped.

The movie industry is really improving movies by remaking them in accordance with modern morals and in woke fashion. Old stereotypes and traditons are being broken.

I see a remake of the movie "Officer and a Gentleman" in our future, renamed, "Officer and a Lady." The protagonist, a wild-eyed female cadet named Zacharee "Zach" Mayo, full of angst and bad attitude develops into a fine military officer under the rough and tumble tutelage of drill Sergeant Emilie Foley, and all the while Zach develops a romance with Paul, an outsider and hang-around naval base groupie who works in a local factory. At the end, Zacharee struts into the factory, lifts Paul up into her arms and bodily carries him out of the factory, while all the local guys cheer on one of their own who has found his princess to lift him out of desperation.....he smiles coquettishly, as he playfully takes her cap in hand and places it on his own head.... Such a remake would really overcome the built-in sexism in which the original Officer and a Gentleman was steeped.
Why must anything be remade? I'm in favor of one coming up with original material and see if it can stand on its own regardless of the content.

“They Live”

A wholly unappreciated leftist film. But in the remake, similar to the biting satire in the great film “Don’t Look Up,” a majority would fight to preserve their own slavery and servitude.

Why does "she" have to have a romantic relationship with "Paul"? Why shouldn't "she" be a transgender person of color on a crusade to bring racial equity and ecological consciousness to the military while coping with a struggling romantic relationship with an artificial intelligence designed to bring transhumanism to the military and that intelligence unit discovers peace and wants to save the world? I mean, if we're going to do this thing then half measures are just going to piss people off.

I don't understand what a progressive movie remake is.

If you just mean characters changing sex or race then I'm fine with that.
The best example I can remember is the Battlestar Galactica Re-imagining tv series where they changed Starbuck into a lady.
The result was a fantastic TV series and the change made absolutely no difference.

As long as the story is still good I don't care what colour or ethnicity the cast are.

Right wing social warfare: to dumbassedly go where no one was dumb enough to go before!

Why does "she" have to have a romantic relationship with "Paul"? Why shouldn't "she" be a transgender person of color on a crusade to bring racial equity and ecological consciousness to the military while coping with a struggling romantic relationship with an artificial intelligence designed to bring transhumanism to the military and that intelligence unit discovers peace and wants to save the world? I mean, if we're going to do this thing then half measures are just going to piss people off.

Would that make you feel more or less victimized than you do right now?

Last edited:
Why must anything be remade? I'm in favor of one coming up with original material and see if it can stand on its own regardless of the content.

I agree for the most part. There are some movies that should be remade. Dune is one remake that needed to be done considering how polarizing the one from the 80s was. But it is done way too often and obviously for a cash grab (Disney's 'live action' remakes come to mind).

Also, enough with the Marvel films. So sick of them.

Remake Watermelon Man with a blm guy turning white.

Right wing social warfare: to dumbassedly go where no one was dumb enough to go before!

Would that make you feel more or less victimized than you do right now?

His world turned upside down due to the scale color of a mermaid. His safe room was invaded by gay toys from toy story and Buzz molested him in his dreams

A woke Lord of The Rings could be cool. Perhaps Pippin could be a black hobbit.

They need to do a Back to the Future remake in which Biff Tannen spray paints himself orange and controls millions of zombies. Make like a tree and get outta here, Marty!

“They Live”

A wholly unappreciated leftist film. But in the remake, similar to the biting satire in the great film “Don’t Look Up,” a majority would fight to preserve their own slavery and servitude.
Only in the remake, the Left would be calling those trying to expose the truth of the reptilian overlords as conspiracy theorists and spreaders of disinformation. LOL

LoL, now that's funny.

Maybe Zacharee Mayo can be a polyamorous transman who serially carries each factory worker out of the factory, freeing them from wage-slavery once-and-for-all! So brave.

A woke version of whatever is considered the manliest John Wayne cowboy movie would be good. They can CGI John Wayne right in using the proper pronouns for things.

THIS is got someone outraged? I thought the twerking black woman playing a flute was bad enough, but now they have to revisit this outrage. HOW DARE HOLLYWOOD change the make up of fictional characters.

Anyway, said my peace, now going to go look for the next National Enquirer level thread. :rolleyes:

A woke Lord of The Rings could be cool. Perhaps Pippin could be a black hobbit.
In the remake of the LoTR, Orcs will be an oppressed class, and the Elves and Men will "check their privilege" to ensure that Orcs are not offended. And, the colors have to change, because or all the references to white and fair being good and beautiful, while black and dark are typically evil and ugly. Referring to the Orc language as ugly and evil sounding is an arbitrary, West-centric and particularly Gondor-centric view.

THIS is got someone outraged? I thought the twerking black woman playing a flute was bad enough, but now they have to revisit this outrage. HOW DARE HOLLYWOOD change the make up of fictional characters.

Anyway, said my peace, now going to go look for the next National Enquirer level thread. :rolleyes:
Don't worry, we're changing Canada's nickname from "The Great White North," to "The Relatively the Same as Other Places Multihued Part of the Globe."

Don't worry, we're changing Canada's nickname from "The Great White North," to "The Relatively the Same as Other Places Multihued Part of the Globe."
Cheap shot. Not unexpected. Simple minds can only produce simple slogans. Bye bye :ROFLMAO:

I don't understand what a progressive movie remake is.

If you just mean characters changing sex or race then I'm fine with that.
The best example I can remember is the Battlestar Galactica Re-imagining tv series where they changed Starbuck into a lady.
The result was a fantastic TV series and the change made absolutely no difference.

As long as the story is still good I don't care what colour or ethnicity the cast are.
Progressive remakes correct for the injustices of past cinematic depictions, which historically perpetuated various traditional mores, notions, tropes and stereotypes, and properly contextualize the representation of all peoples and voices. The traditional film adaptations reinforced harmful and damaging norms and images, which served to oppress marginalized and marginalized-adjacent groups. A proper progressive remake will correct those injustices.

Adding Katy Sackhoff to a movie in any role makes any movie easier to watch, with the sound down, with nobody else around, with pants down.... err... eh ah, ahem... I mean, it creates a feminist motif to an otherwise male-centric story and allows women to feel included because they are properly represented b a hot piece of...er ah, ahem....

Only in the remake, the Left
W2oQAXW.gif

GRRRRRRRR WOKE!!
GRRRRRRRR THE LEFT!!

LMAO another day another triggered retarded meltdown post of false narratives
too funny, this is all the entertainment anybody needs, moronic posts desperately and trying (but failing) to remake reality I love it!
😂🍿

Barbarella
I'm going to be really upset if you put a dick on Jane Fonda. I may not be a fan of her politics but she was definitely some quality eye candy.

What the hell is a "progressive movie"?

Back
Top Bottom