• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What liberals have to understand

What liberals do understand is what a message topic is. I'd say it's the OP who needs to understand it.

We’re screwed if our future as a nation depends on liberals understanding something. :2razz:

Well we sure as hell learned what righties understanding what the word PANDEMIC means. Complete Idiots, all of them.

There is a balance to be struck. Freeloaders who are able to work but choose not to should not get free money from the government. People should reap rewards based on merit. But without some checks and balances, there is nothing stopping the person or people with the most "merit" from hoarding all of the resources at the expense of everyone else and using those resources to wield power over them.

Most liberals are no more in favor of rewarding freeloading than most conservatives are in favor of allowing the richest person in the country to determine the rules everyone else has to follow. It's time to drop the hyperbole that paints those across the aisle as ignorant and evil and see where we can meet in the middle.

strapping young buck
From a 1976 speech by Ronald Reagan, who complained of "strapping young bucks" using public assistance to buy T-Bone steaks, the phrase is shorthand for "undeserving and lazy black people living off hardworking white taxpayers instead of getting a job." Many commentators have noted that the phrase originated from the auction block. Now used ironically by liberal commentators to identify racist dog-whistles in conservative argument.
"Whereas once the problem was just welfare queens and strapping young bucks, now it’s the entire middle and lower classes, the lazy union members, the credit card deadbeats, the unemployed so content with their benefits that they don’t look for work."

'We Are All Strapping Young Bucks Now'

Doug J. _Balloon Juice_ January 6, 2011

But only till I graduated HS, then I was out on my own, and did very well.

People did till the democrats started giving out welfare money and made the father irrelevant. They gave out taxpayer money to the lazy in exchange for their vote. Pelosi is still trying to do that.

BTW the fact is with welfare money the democrat RUINED the black family!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTOH President Trump is trying to give everyone a job.

Donald Trump: ‘I love the poorly educated’ [Video]

"I love the poorly educated" is the 2016 Election in a nutshell. — Christine Rousselle (@crousselle) February 24, 2016

He loves the poorly educated! President Trump is directed by high net worth Trump party donors to .....

Your POV is the racist trope that is Koch Brothers and Murdoch TV investment in projection-distraction intended to keep the pitch forks hanging on
garden tool shed walls instead of in grassroots hands, in the streets. Fascinating to read you regurgitating it all, for them, not for yourself.

This was the first quarter Trump repeatedly took "credit" for the "performance of.... followed by the last quarter unaffected by pandemic.
Do you take readers for fools.... consider the legislation, and where the money ended up? Were your "heroes" working 1,000 hours per day, while the 166 million you are scapegoating took "democrat welfare"? If you really do believe that nonsense, consider that only two "bottom lines" were affected negatively in this kelptocratic "money grab".... the national debt increased by an extra $52 billion per month, and the bottom 50 percent net worth increased by "crumbs"!

The Fed - Distribution: Distribution of Household Wealth in the U.S. since 1989
50276486871_24b258ec7e_n.jpg
50246828886_4a46bd58a9_n.jpg

Last edited:
No whine just the truth, which always irritates you.
So, lots of people work long hours, but not everyone is in the position you were living at mom and dads farm, with no family to support.

People did till the democrats started giving out welfare money and made the father irrelevant. They gave out taxpayer money to the lazy in exchange for their vote. Pelosi is still trying to do that.

these day liberals are all about wealth re-distribution, from those that do work to those that dont work.

What liberals have to understand is that wealth re-distribution comes from everyone working at a job. When you work you can achieve the american dream.

lol..

Old story, means about the same now as it did then, nothing.

Is that why many work two jobs and still can barely make a living, is your answer that they should work three jobs? Is the American Dream to work 80 hours a week?
Get better skills, or learn to live in your means.

Oh, you mean when the Dems started giving a chit and were determined to help those that were disadvantaged? I truly support that, and always will. You support the a Party that do what ever they can to not Care. It is your Party that wants to cut education, SNAPP, Welfare, Medicare, SS. Medicare, or any skills programs/ Live with it.
Oh yeah, trump does not give a chit about the working man or You, you Really cannot be that confused, can you?

OMG, do you think anyone belives you no matter how much you repeat this?

Good grief, can it already.

Very Trumpian of you though.

These day liberals are all about wealth re-distribution, from those that do work to those that dont work.

What liberals have to understand is that wealth re-distribution comes from everyone WORKING AT A JOB. When you work you can achieve the American dream.

Does that include jobs that don't pay even a living wage? Ones in which the government needs to supplement so that people can eat?

Last edited:
Old story, means about the same now as it did then, nothing.

Is that why many work two jobs and still can barely make a living, is your answer that they should work three jobs? Is the American Dream to work 80 hours a week?

It is not unusual for professionals or business owners to work that much, especially when starting out.

There is a balance to be struck. Freeloaders who are able to work but choose not to should not get free money from the government. People should reap rewards based on merit. But without some checks and balances, there is nothing stopping the person or people with the most "merit" from hoarding all of the resources at the expense of everyone else and using those resources to wield power over them.

Most liberals are no more in favor of rewarding freeloading than most conservatives are in favor of allowing the richest person in the country to determine the rules everyone else has to follow. It's time to drop the hyperbole that paints those across the aisle as ignorant and evil and see where we can meet in the middle.

Stop making sense.

It is not unusual for professionals or business owners to work that much, especially when starting out.

The rewards are far different, hence how I retired early myself, but I also see how that works out for others.

But see that is the big liberal lie you promote. When I graduated HS, I was virtually penneyless. I joined the Navy and was taught electronics. When I got out I got a job in the office products/computer industry. I worked there for 47 years, and have a good retirement. I own my home, and owe no one anything at all. Basically my wife and I are living the American dream. If I can do it, EVERYONE can.

So you took advantage of a job training program paid for by the state. Typical government-dependent liberal. You owe me, but it’s ok. Live long and prosper. You’re welcome.

Well they could try to better them selves and get a better paying job.

And----------------------------cry me a river about working two jobs. On the farm I was working 16 hours a day. I can tell you that lot of the farm work in the 40s and 50s when I was a kid was one hell of a lot harder and tougher than about 98% of the jobs that todays youth whine about!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a better paying job, you say....interesting. Lets consider exactly what that means in the grand scheme.

The reality of things if that only so many people are going to be able to "get a better paying job" because as it is, there is always going to be a need for someone to mop floors or clean toilets. Every person on the planet could have a PhD and it wouldn't matter. It would just lead to PhD's cleaning toilets at some point. That is one side of it. The other side is that there may NOT be a need for those people to clean toilets thanks to automation. In either case, people like you are opposed to the idea that having every job provide a wage that can support basic living.

The American Dream used to mean that you got a DECENT job, supported your family and had time to spend with them. Yes, I said decent. It used to be that you could provide a good life for a family with only a decent job....you didn't have to have a great job to do so. That isn't the case anymore, and you damned well know it.

In regards to the part in red....a job or 3. Context matters. People complained about part time work under Obama, and now they are cheering the same damned jobs for Trump.

These day liberals are all about wealth re-distribution, from those that do work to those that dont work.

What liberals have to understand is that wealth re-distribution comes from everyone WORKING AT A JOB. When you work you can achieve the American dream.

I find it interesting that you know little about the distribution of wealth. You say it is going from the wealthy to the poor and yet the stats say it is going in the other direction. In the 1990's the top 10 % of people owned about 80% of all the wealth of the nation. Now they own almost 88% of the total wealth of the nation. Doesn't that mean that the wealth of our nation is not moving down from the wealthy to the poor, but up to the wealthy. The covid virus may have actually exasperated the push of wealth up to the wealthy as while the rest of us were losing money and wealth, the rich were only getting richer.

Back
Top Bottom