• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your plan for dealing with 800,000 children each year if you ban abortion?

Congress IS delegated to the U.S. Congress to pass laws. Can you make a case of HOW Roe v Wade violates the 10th Amendment?

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people." In other words, states have all powers not granted to the federal government by the Constitution. BTW: I agree with your Buckley quote.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people." In other words, states have all powers not granted to the federal government by the Constitution. BTW: I agree with your Buckley quote.
We agree with the wording of the 10th Amendment, though I always capitalize the word "States".

The federal court is wishing for more power. They want to make everyone succumb to their will

Well, yeah! But that doesn't deal with the extra children after overturning Roe.
With 700K extra American births we wouldn't need illegal immigration. Shut that down and there's your money for all those newborn American babies. Problem solved.

With 700K extra American births we wouldn't need illegal immigration. Shut that down and there's your money for all those newborn American babies. Problem solved.

OK that's better than nothing. But you do realize that it will be 16 to 18 years before the 700K are ready for the work force. How will you force them to take over the illegal immigrants work?

You. Wish. Since choosing to have sex isn't a crime or some kind of "immoral action," there's no need for any "accountability" or punishment. I really believe that the only reason anti-abortion conservatives want to ban abortion is to punish women for actions they don't approve of. You know, like having sex, especially women who aren't married. And the punishment they like most is forcing women to stay pregnant and give birth, even if it's against their will.

You really have some projection issues. Big difference in enjoying sex and using it fo
You. Wish. Since choosing to have sex isn't a crime or some kind of "immoral action," there's no need for any "accountability" or punishment. I really believe that the only reason anti-abortion conservatives want to ban abortion is to punish women for actions they don't approve of. You know, like having sex, especially women who aren't married. And the punishment they like most is forcing women to stay pregnant and give birth, even if it's against their will.

By all means - please continue to devour your offspring to assure your own survival. What's a little devolution after all?

No one is forced to have an abortion. Though eating a child, your own or others, should be illegal and probably would result in prosecution.
Darwin has nothing at all to do with abortion.

Abortion removes the offspring = Darwin

OK that's better than nothing. But you do realize that it will be 16 to 18 years before the 700K are ready for the work force. How will you force them to take over the illegal immigrants work?
That should be the duty f the parent, to provide for their children. Government could provide child care, allowing the parent(s) to work.
But better yet, allow abortion, and eliminate government aid for adults with no children.

If you are really "pro-life" your desire to keep that zygote alive until it becomes a baby would extend to having a healthy, happy, well-cared for child with none of the problems that go with the mom never wanting him/her. There is no good reason to want any offspring to live from conception to birth, only to then not care what happens to him/her indefinitely after the umbilical cord is cut.
It really is easier to kill them than answer all these hard questions.

We won't have to "force" anybody. Because cheap surplus illegal labor isn't available, ALL companies would have to hire American workers. Since Americans won't work for peanuts, wages will have to rise. Most Americans would no longer need welfare. Another problem solved.

We won't have to "force" anybody. Because cheap surplus illegal labor isn't available, ALL companies would have to hire American workers. Since Americans won't work for peanuts, wages will have to rise. Most Americans would no longer need welfare. Another problem solved.
Thanks that the most considered suggestion yet.

You really have some projection issues. Big difference in enjoying sex and using it fo

What was the rest of this sentence supposed to be? "Using it fo..." what? And what is this "projection issues" thing about?

By all means - please continue to devour your offspring to assure your own survival.

:rolleyes: Whatever that means. Again, there's nothing wrong with a woman's deciding to have an abortion instead of a baby, especially if she knows a pregnancy could put her health or even her lift at risk. The decision is her own, and none of anyone's business, including yours. As for me, my BC has always worked, so thankfully, I've never been pregnant.

Plus, all of those cages would be available.

The plan is apparently to make damn sure they don't have the right to vote when they grow up.

If abortion was banned, penalties were heavy and intensive policing was used to track down providers and women so that very few abortions happened there would be about 700.000 additional children born every year.

What kind of legislation would Congressman and women have to enact in order to deal with 700,000 unwanted children every year that need medical services, child care, education, financial support of 75%, police, jails, counseling, job support, welfare?

Since banning abortion is a conservative dream how will you accomplish this and what kind of solution do you proposer dealing with the 700,000 additional unwanted children ?
Let's see, the parents will get first opportunity to do the right thing and raise them instead of kill them. Then second choice would be adoption and hopefully few have to go into the foster home system. Either way life is better than the alternative.

Let's see, the parents will get first opportunity to do the right thing and raise them instead of kill them. Then second choice would be adoption and hopefully few have to go into the foster home system. Either way life is better than the alternative.
So...800,000 MORE kids into the pool of kids in foster care (400,000) and kids waiting to be adopted (100,000).

It's certainly no moral High Ground to encourage women to have more unwanted/unaffordable kids just to dump them into homes for 'unwanted' kids :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, it means some of those actually waiting, even suffering kids WONT get homes...they'll be displaced by the cute little newborns and lose their chances.

How is life better for a child in the foster care system as opposed to not being born unwanted? This suggestion is just you meddling in other people's lives, telling them how they have to live. It's not going to happen and 800,000 extra children is not "a few".

I want to replace Temporary Assistance for Needy Families with free abortion on demand. I am also in favor of paying the biologically inferior to be sterilized. My support for abortion is part of my consistent, pro death value system. I am also an enthusiast for capital punishment.

I do not see how anything as plentiful as human life can have any intrinsic value to it. I think there are too many people on this planet, and that too many are the wrong kind of people.

Awhile ago I read of a Nigerian immigrant in England who tested 162 on an IQ test. That gives him two more points than Bill Gates. A man like that should be having many children, perhaps by several beautiful and brilliant white women. Nevertheless the fact illustrated by the following chart alarms me:

WorldPopulationProspects.png

If there is no illegal immigration wages would have to rise.

OK that's better than nothing. But you do realize that it will be 16 to 18 years before the 700K are ready for the work force.

When you get to be my age you are literally amazed at how quickly the years seem to pass.

Back
Top Bottom