• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Is The Statute Of Limitations For Clinton’s Email Crime?

I don't know what her security looked like but you aren't going to argue that Gmail is more secure than a private email server are you? Everyone and their mother with a google badge can potentially read your gmail.

No, in fact I'd say just the opposite and even expand that to include any unsecured server. Clinton's security was pretty much non-existent. If you tried to hack my employers email server (cloud-based), you would get your virtual ass handed to you. For Clinton to have a server that was hackable means that her server was very poorly protected.

This is what I'm talking about when I refer to "on-site". It's a secure facility with managed security, not an unsecured one.
I've read and posted that article about 10 times now, so I'm familiar with it. (and you really need to add a link to comply with copyright TOS here)

You are talking two different things when you said: "Powell and Rice had separate email accounts on secure "on-site" servers."

Clinton also had a classified, secure SCIF "on site" system -- one at the State dept. and one at her home. SECURE.

The comment you made about Powell having "on site" was in regard to his private, nonsecure line AOL email.

Two different things.

No, in fact I'd say just the opposite and even expand that to include any unsecured server. Clinton's security was pretty much non-existent. If you tried to hack my employers email server (cloud-based), you would get your virtual ass handed to you. For Clinton to have a server that was hackable means that her server was very poorly protected.

State dept was hacked.

So was white house.gov....so was a ****ton of other .gov accounts. Hackable.

Comey testified today there was no evidence he could find her server had been hacked.

I don't know what her security looked like but you aren't going to argue that Gmail is more secure than a private email server are you? Everyone and their mother with a google badge can potentially read your gmail.

Actually G-mail is more secure than a private e-mail server. Google is a multi-billion dollar corporation who's reputation and business depends on their security.

Actually G-mail is more secure than a private e-mail server. Google is a multi-billion dollar corporation who's reputation and business depends on their security.

Tell me about it ...all the advertisements I get every time I google a product tells me google is oh so secure and my info private.

:lol::lamo:lol:

Most security breaches come from within. While your cloud-based email might be fairly secure from outsiders what about the cloud provider staff? That's really my point. Gmail may be relatively well protected from outsiders but that doesn't mean appropriately authorized Google staff can't see your email. That makes any third party email system inherently less secure than a properly managed private mail server.

Note: I understand that Clinton didn't have her server(s) secured. That's not the point. The point is that from an "outsiders can potentially see emails that have classified government information in them" standpoint, Powells' practices were just as insecure as Clinton's.
I don't doubt it. I'm simply pointing that the fact that Powell used AOL or gmail or whatever he used doesn't de facto make his email more secure than a well managed private server.

Really? Someone in Googledom can read your gmail can't they?

Back
Top Bottom