• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is the difference between men and women? Is it biological, cultural, or both?

The gender brain differences are debatable if you don't want to discuss it don't present it on a discussion forum.
For goodness sake, please stop with the rude behavior. I am respectful to everybody. You should be the same. Please present an actual study that shows men and women have identical main composition and transgender people's brains are not different than a typical male or typical female. Because again, I presented studies on here. For example, the Mayo Clinic's research on the subject matter.

The differences are biological, social, psychological, emotional, and cultural.

Within that cocktail most everyone falls along a spectrum - it is not a binary either/or.

Whether or not a male who identifies as a transwoman has a slightly different brain structure than a male who doesn't is irrelevant as to whether they are a man or woman.

Man and woman are sex-based terms and the brain has no role in determining a person's sex.

Another poster kind of, sort of, made a thread about this, but framed it in a condescending fashion. Before you my title question, consider the following information:

1. Before the 20th century, we defined men and women in western, non-Native American society as penis vs. vagina. In the 20th century, we discovered sex chromosomes and found 6 different potential pairs.
And yet what we have are still men and women.
2. We have intersex people. They were both with both genitals and can either have XX or XY chromosomes. There are even people who were born with XY chromosomes, but have a vagina. If we purely define men vs. women based on "inter-plumbing" concepts, then how do we categorize people with alternative biological bodies?
These are birth defects. Very sad but it does happen.
3. How does transgender, non-binary/two-spirit fit into the equation? These are people who are scientifically have an unaligned body and mind. Study after study have shown that transgender people have a different brain composition than a typical male or female brain.
Most likely explained by birth defects but it's difficult to know. We know that behavior changes our bodies (exercise a muscle and it gets bigger) and can also change our brains. So is the different brain a result of a birth defect or a result of behavior?

I'm unaware of any studies that have answered this question.
4. If you were to ask somebody to draw a picture of a man and woman, would the picture be about culturally differences (appearance, activities, emotions) or about genitals?
Yes to both, I would suspect.
5. Statistically speaking, transgender, non-binary, and intersex people make up less than 1% of the U.S population.
Correct. Yet there appears to be a great effort being made to change the culture and our national standards (there's probably a better way to say this) to accommodate such a small minority.

I think this is where the real battle / concern is in our society at the moment.

Whether or not a male who identifies as a transwoman has a slightly different brain structure than a male who doesn't is irrelevant as to whether they are a man or woman.

Man and woman are sex-based terms and the brain has no role in determining a person's sex.
The brain gender difference makes all of the difference in the world because of it didn't exist then trans people would not exist but obviously, they do. You just want to ignore it because doing so increases the credulity of your TERFish opinions.

The brain controls the body, so it does make a huge difference, unless you also want to argue that brain injury or death doesn't change a person.

Last edited:
For goodness sake, please stop with the rude behavior. I am respectful to everybody.
You should be the same. Please present an actual study that shows men and women have identical main composition and transgender people's brains are not different than a typical male or typical female. Because again, I presented studies on here. For example, the Mayo Clinic's research on the subject matter.
It will never matter what I present. You believe what you want and everything that doesn't affirm it is false.

This is called bigotry so I see no point in continuing.

I was trying to separate social stereotypes from biological sex. The transgender movement does NOT separate these things. The social stereotypes are traditional, and based on the fact that females have babies. Those traditions no longer have to be followed. So you could be a man in a typically female career, and wear typically female clothes, if you want. You don't have to try and turn yourself into the opposite sex. Just be whatever you feel you are.

My point of view is liberal and modern, but the transgender point of view is stuck in old stereotypes.
Um yes they do lol…. Ever since there was a movement they have.

Male and female are sex based glinner.

Back
Top Bottom