• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is about neolib interventionists dumbing down every party that welcomes them?

What's your point? I Don't get it.

I agree, I just read this OP for the first time and my only thought was "Does this guy have a ****ing point? What is it?":unsure:

No idea here......
:whistle:

idk about genius specifically, but clearly the rest of the world wasnt prepared for a diplomatic maneuver. People were expecting a more conventional invasion, with tanks and guns.

"decent people don't need to know where Iraq is on a map to know WMD's exist"

When did getting in other country's businesses become acceptable to the dems?

Russia is a backwater. Let's pick on countries that are actual threats to us.
Umm, the wmd's didn't exist

Was a repub lie

I think the point is for many Americans who are beating the war drum finding Ukraine on a map is an impossible task.
Beating the war drum???? I don't know any Americans beating the war drum beyond GOP Russia-cons gleeful at Monster Putin's invasion. Could it be that they want to punish Zelinsky for not handing MAFIA DONald a ready made tool to beat Biden over the head with?

Americans are by and large notoriously isolationist:
- Wilson dragged us into WW1 just at the very end to insure that the side we wanted to win did in fact win. Lotta' reasons to dislike Wilson but that was one of the most economical and prudent uses of US military assets in history
- We were ultimately dragged into WW2 by the Japanese sneak attack at Pearl
- Korea was a UN military action
- Vietnam was one of the worst of our misreads of the world and misconceptions of ourselves and our place in it. Result was massive expenditures in lives and treasure almost bankrupting one of the richest country's to ever exist and taking many of my generational contemporaries to their graves. Eisenhower pushed us into it under threat by the French that they would abandon their Indochina colonies. Better response would have been....Fugg the French. Every other US President involved in Vietnam simply believed the military telling them that just a little more time and a little more blood and a little more money and we would win this thing.....that was never even possible and we know it by 1965. How much longer did it take to actually get out????
- various and sundry other uses of US military power up until the grand Poobah of US Military stupidity.........
- Iraq 2, totally unjustified, taken by Warhawks Dick Cheney and John Bolton under the lame assed "leadership" of unbelievably weak and unbelievably STUPID Bush 43, a conflict that plagues us to this day
- Syria ....justified but mishandled, Afghanistan....justified until we turned a justified effort that had been accomplished into some sort of humanitarian military adventure....Thanks again Obama. Vanity is the only rational for a man so unprepared and out of his depth in foreign policy to convince himself that he knew what the flying fugg he was doing

We are historically and almost monumentally isolationist and always have been. Our military adventures in the modern era that we were not dragged into mainly taken by Republican Presidents feeling compelled to prove their Warhawk bonafide to other Warhawk Republicans. Democrats generally wimp out. See Obama 2012, 2014.

Notice if you will that whining about the need for NATO should have gone entirely out the window as of 24 hours ago. Every 30-50 years or so, Europe threatens to drag the world into yet another world war. Too many land borders. Too many people. Too few resources in a nutshell. Russia and Ukraine are of course EUROPEAN countries. At the least NATO and EU provide a framework that forces many European countries to think before they start lobbing ordinance at each other. Christ....left to their own devices, Germany and France would hurl BMW's and Renaults at each other.

Last edited:
Uh huh, how long did his thousand year realm last? Pure genius like trump.

When trump said it it was meant as acceptable, a compliment, to say otherwise makes one a trump supporter.
Complents do not mean acceptable either.

Madonna is attractive.

Beating the war drum???? I don't know any Americans beating the war drum beyond GOP Russia-cons gleeful at Monster Putin's invasion. Could it be that they want to punish Zelinsky for not handing MAFIA DONald a ready made tool to beat Biden over the head with?

Americans are by and large notoriously isolationist:
- Wilson dragged us into WW1 just at the very end to insure that the side we wanted to win did in fact win. Lotta' reasons to dislike Wilson but that was one of the most economical and prudent uses of US military assets in history
- We were ultimately dragged into WW2 by the Japanese sneak attack at Pearl
- Korea was a UN military action
- Vietnam was one of the worst of our misreads of the world and misconceptions of ourselves and our place in it. Result was massive expenditures in lives and treasure almost bankrupting one of the richest country's to ever exist and taking many of my generational contemporaries to their graves. Eisenhower pushed us into it under threat by the French that they would abandon their Indochina colonies. Better response would have been....Fugg the French. Every other US President involved in Vietnam simply believed the military telling them that just a little more time and a little more blood and a little more money and we would win this thing.....that was never even possible and we know it by 1965. How much longer did it take to actually get out????
- various and sundry other uses of US military power up until the grand Poobah of US Military stupidity.........
- Iraq 2, totally unjustified, taken by Warhawks Dick Cheney and John Bolton under the lame assed "leadership" of unbelievably weak and unbelievably STUPID Bush 43, a conflict that plagues us to this day
- Syria ....justified but mishandled, Afghanistan....justified until we turned a justified effort that had been accomplished into some sort of humanitarian military adventure....Thanks again Obama. Vanity is the only rational for a man so unprepared and out of his depth in foreign policy to convince himself that he knew what the flying fugg he was doing

We are historically and almost monumentally isolationist and always have been. Our military adventures in the modern era that we were not dragged into mainly taken by Republican Presidents feeling compelled to prove their Warhawk bonafide to other Warhawk Republicans. Democrats generally wimp out. See Obama 2012, 2014.

Notice if you will that whining about the need for NATO should have gone entirely out the window as of 24 hours ago. Every 30-50 years or so, Europe threatens to drag the world into yet another world war. Too many land borders. Too many people. Too few resources in a nutshell. Russia and Ukraine are of course EUROPEAN countries. At the least NATO and EU provide a framework that forces many European countries to think before they start lobbing ordinance at each other. Christ....left to their own devices, Germany and France would hurl BMW's and Renaults at each other.
Stopped reading after the golden text. If you haven’t been paying attention and are going to pass off partisan lies as facts I will not waste my time good day sir.

Stopped reading after the golden text. If you haven’t been paying attention and are going to pass off partisan lies as facts I will not waste my time good day sir.
After the "golden" text. Geezuz you are blind after all. Of course we know Russia-cons and Trumpers have no use for history. So that is a natural.

After the "golden" text. Geezuz you are blind after all. Of course we know Russia-cons and Trumpers have no use for history. So that is a natural.
Revised history is a lie you choose to believe

So please point out in detail which parts of post #30 represent revised history.
Ignoring Biden beating the hell out of the war drum for almost a month
Pre WWI yeah the country was by far isolationist after that theIS has been itching to get involved when it can. FDR was doing all he could to toss the US into the WW2 the bombing finally allowed him to put his long awai plans into place. After seeing the profits that can be made from war the US has never looked back and jumped at the chances to show off its tech in that area

It's revised because it was incorrect

Sorry accuracy offends some snowflakes
Yeah that’s kind of what “revised“ is an incorrect version of history

Ignoring Biden beating the hell out of the war drum for almost a month
Pre WWI yeah the country was by far isolationist after that theIS has been itching to get involved when it can. FDR was doing all he could to toss the US into the WW2 the bombing finally allowed him to put his long awai plans into place. After seeing the profits that can be made from war the US has never looked back and jumped at the chances to show off its tech in that area
I knew you would come up with another popular CT....that FDR "planned" our way into WW2. NOT.

Biden has not been beating the war drums. The only people beating the war drums are the Russia-cons gleeful at Putin's madness.

Putin's argument is that he has to attack to defend himself. Talk about beating the war drums. That is beating the war drums and all of the GOP Russia-cons that are supporting him are right in there with him.

I knew you would come up with another popular CT....that FDR "planned" our way into WW2. NOT.

Biden has not been beating the war drums. The only people beating the war drums are the Russia-cons gleeful at Putin's madness.

Putin's argument is that he has to attack to defend himself. Talk about beating the war drums. That is beating the war drums and all of the GOP Russia-cons that are supporting him are right in there with him.
Ok man believe whatever story you need to good day sir

Back
Top Bottom