• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is a "real Christian"?

BOOM!! thats what Ithgouth!
your post just proved me right again. Man that must suck LMAO You got nothing and facts still haven't changed LMAO I love it.

Let us know when this changes! Thanks!
šŸ˜‚ šŸæ

who bets another post is made that changes no facts about what I said?

(Uh, you don't have any facts, but you do have ego.)

(Uh, you don't have any facts, but you do have ego.)
Proven right again, another post and ZERO facts have changed, also, once again im not the topic LMAO
Please let us know when you have something that changes the facts, thanks!

awwwwwwww I love how facts bother you LMAO
I love how easily you pull things out of your ass. Is that a "meaningful judgement"?
Moderator's Warning:
Oh for the love of all that is holy, knock it off you two. Seriously, your little pissing contest here is annoying and off topic. If you want to keep it up, take it to the basement. Otherwise drop it. Need I remind you two that Theology has a special rule set to go along with the nominal DP rules? So knock it off, quit discussing each other, address the topic and the topic alone. If neither of you can manage that, there will be consequences.

Growing up in the Catholic Church, I experienced persecution from the other sects, and my own sect persecuted others.

Well, that's the whole point, isn't it?

Growing up in the Catholic Church, I experienced persecution from the other sects, and my own sect persecuted others. I won't say everyone did it, but it came up. There was so much finger pointing and superiority, it really got on my nerves. Don't we all follow Christ? Anyway, the infighting has obviously been going on for centuries.

Then you look at the political sphere and it seems like some people really come for Christians. They enjoy pointing out hypocrisy and claiming that somebody isn't a real Christian because "Christ would never do that", or "Your own holy book says that's wrong so why you are doing it?"

What I think most people overlook is that being Christian does not make you automatically pure. Most of us acknowledge original sin. It means we are striving to be good, at least on paper. If you talk to most people around the world who feel connected to a religion, they describe it as a spiritual path with many hardships and initiations that test you. Sometimes we pass the test and sometimes we fail, but we try.

So I'm curious to hear from the faithful -- is there any part of you that snubs your nose at other Christians? Have you ever accused someone (quietly or to their face) of not being a real Christian?

What defines REAL in this case? What makes you feel that someone isn't living up to the faith?
Being a real Christian is about your personal relationship with Christ.

Are you sincere in it?

Everyone sins and is in error so trying to measure a degree of Christianity in worldly things is pointless.

Itā€™s not on a sliding scale, you either are Christian or you are not.

...What defines REAL in this case? What makes you feel that someone isn't living up to the faith?
It sounds like Jesus is pretty picky about who He and His Father allow into Heaven.
Growing up in the Catholic Church, I experienced persecution from the other sects, and my own sect persecuted others. I won't say everyone did it, but it came up. There was so much finger pointing and superiority, it really got on my nerves. Don't we all follow Christ? Anyway, the infighting has obviously been going on for centuries.

Then you look

It appears that Jesus has some ideas on what a real Christian is, or He wouldn't have said what He did in Matthew 7:13ā€“14

Then you look at the political sphere and it seems like some people really come for Christians. They enjoy pointing out hypocrisy and claiming that somebody isn't a real Christian because "Christ would never do that", or "Your own holy book says that's wrong so why you are doing it?"

What I think most people overlook is that being Christian does not make you automatically pure. Most of us acknowledge original sin. It means we are striving to be good, at least on paper. If you talk to most people around the world who feel connected to a religion, they describe it as a spiritual path with many hardships and initiations that test you. Sometimes we pass the test and sometimes we fail, but we try.

So I'm curious to hear from the faithful -- is there any part of you that snubs your nose at other Christians? Have you ever accused someone (quietly or to their face) of not being a real Christian?

What defines REAL in this case? What makes you feel that someone isn't living up to the faith?

In order to understand what "REAL" means, you'll firist have to study the Bible and then understand what Jesus meant when He said:

ā€œEnter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it"
Matthew 7: 13-14.

What do you think that means?

Just my opinion here, but itā€™s a subjective topic. Getting people to agree on what defines ā€œrealā€ is a Sisyphean task. As someone who is Catholic, I do my best to embrace the aspects of faith,hope, and love rather than judgement.

Just my opinion here, but itā€™s a subjective topic. Getting people to agree on what defines ā€œrealā€ is a Sisyphean task. As someone who is Catholic, I do my best to embrace the aspects of faith,hope, and love rather than judgement.

Subjective meaning open for each person's opinion. If Jesus felt that way He wouldn't have spoken about certain things that are required in order to follow Him (Repentance, loving God with all of your heart, soul and mind, and loving your neighbor as yourself, and believing that He alone is Lord and Savior, i.e. the ONLY way to Heaven.

Back
Top Bottom