• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What has been Joe Biden's most important contribution to date??

What are Biden's most important contributions to date??

• Other than those listed

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • The chaotic Afghanistan pull-out

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • The rapid increase in covid infections

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • The huge influx of illegal immigrants due to his encouraging an open border myth

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • The rapid rise of inflation from the targeted 2 percent to the now 4.2 percent - Reuters

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • The millions of jobs that have still not been replaced

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • The increased polarization of the nation

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • The diminished capacity of auto makers, etc. due to chip shortages

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • The upheaval with a key ally - France - due to finagling a submarine contract with no communication

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Two SCOTUS decisions overturning his attempt at government overreach

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
Even if Trump isn't the alternative in 2024, Trumpism most certainly will be. That means that whoever the Democratic candidate is in 2024, he or she will be running against a party defined by conspiracy theories, antivaxxers and the total abandonment of democracy.

And no candidate running against all that will ever succeed in being a "unifier" in the sense implied here. All we can hope for is a marginalization of those who buy into all that crap (e.g. MT Greene).

Rational Republicans need to reclaim the party from these nuts.

("Buh buh buh whatabout the Democrats and the Squad?" Yes, I'd like to see the left pull back from fringe lunacy as well. My comment here is directly related to Trumpism. Just throwing in this disclaimer to head off the inevitable whataboutism.)

Sure. Thankfully I’ve never lived in a red state but if those citizens who do prefer to vote for a party unfit to govern, that’s their affair.
Sure hope you don't live in NY. That State just lost one its worst governors. Wonder how his book sales are going.

Even if Trump isn't the alternative in 2024, Trumpism most certainly will be. That means that whoever the Democratic candidate is in 2024, he or she will be running against a party defined by conspiracy theories, antivaxxers and the total abandonment of democracy.

Not a tough call, really.
Utterly ridiculous. The abandonment of democracy is the ultra-left mantra, which has Biden's ear. Veiled Stalinism through enforced vaccinations is hardly the aspirations of a democracy. Thanks!!

Utterly ridiculous. The abandonment of democracy is the ultra-left mantra, which has Biden's ear. Veiled Stalinism through enforced vaccinations is hardly the aspirations of a democracy. Thanks!!
Obviously the right has created rationalizations for abandoning democracy. They call their abandonment of democracy "strengthening democracy," which is some pretty 1984 doublespeak shit right there. It's also all the more unconvincing when they reveal the game by arguing that "the United States is not and was never intended to be a democracy." Something we've been told over and over again for the last five years is "When somebody tells you who they are, listen." I learned that lesson a long, long time ago.

Anyway, that's what Democrats are competing against in 2022 and 2024: endless conspiracy theories, an endless parade of lies, and the end of democracy as we know it. Gas light all you like -- you're not fooling anybody.

Obviously the right has created rationalizations for abandoning democracy. They call their abandonment of democracy "strengthening democracy," which is some pretty 1984 doublespeak shit right there. It's also all the more unconvincing when they reveal the game by arguing that "the United States is not and was never intended to be a democracy." Something we've been told over and over again for the last five years is "When somebody tells you who they are, listen." I learned that lesson a long, long time ago.

Anyway, that's what Democrats are competing against in 2022 and 2024: endless conspiracy theories and the end of democracy as we know it. Gas light all you like -- you're not fooling anybody.
That's a silly accusation. Would you deny that Democrats are trying to mandate forced vaccinations?? Yes or no. Thanks!!

We didn't have the vaccine in the sense it was not widely distributed.
President Joe Biden claimed in a CNN Presidential townhall Tuesday that the "we didn't have" the coronavirus vaccine when he entered office on Jan. 20, 2021.
Biden receives first dose of Covid-19 vaccine on live television on December 21, 2020. Got the 2nd dose January 11, 2021.

1. He's infinitely better than Trump.
2. The country might now weather 4 years of chaos, corruption, and lies.

Dementia Joe is infinitely worse than Trump....Literally worse in every single way.....as in Literally every single thing he's touched has turned to shit!

One wonders if the country can survive 4 years of chaos, corruption, lies and incompetence by the Biden administration!

Trump did America proud! Trump looked after America and Americans like nobody since Reagan.

Now everything is turning to shit under Biden and our Allies despise us!

And no candidate running against all that will ever succeed in being a "unifier" in the sense implied here. All we can hope for is a marginalization of those who buy into all that crap (e.g. MT Greene).

Rational Republicans need to reclaim the party from these nuts.

("Buh buh buh whatabout the Democrats and the Squad?" Yes, I'd like to see the left pull back from fringe lunacy as well. My comment here is directly related to Trumpism. Just throwing in this disclaimer to head off the inevitable whataboutism.)

I am addressing you because you are one of the few posters in the thread, and in the forum to post at least somewhat in reaction to, "the facts on the ground," yet you still posted the "fringe lunacy" schtick?

I'm hoping at least you understand that it is reasonable, influenced by "the facts on the ground," to consider "the squad" and Biden's first strenuous pushback against the wealthiest, especially its extreme right wing, political contributors on steroids, element since FDR, the actual, rational political faction-agenda, all things considered, especially countering the primarily reactionary white backlash attack on the pluralistic American society that is voting for Trump and his party and continuing to enthusiastically embrace him, those he endorses politically, their agenda, rhetoric, behavior, level of ethics, sponsored vs blocked legislation and on the edges of all of that anti-constitutional sabotage, there's also McConnell.

Whose interests should Biden, or the squad be de-emphasizing representation of to persuade you they are being more responsive to the facts on the ground? Should AOC or Elizabeth Warren be shifting more toward defending the interests and goals of perhaps, thr wealthiest white males among their constituents?

This, for example is "THE" fact, the elephant in the room that all else orbits around, and bear in mind the trajectory and the current level, reported only today by the Federal Reserve, is only dated to three months ago. and the chart below. to six months ago. But here we are, forcibly deporting Haitians to an airport in their totally devastated country because as a society, that is the level we've descended to.

I don't expect the trump controlled G.O.P. supporters here to admit to or to attempt to understand that THE problem is the failure to align your political point of view to parallel the facts on the ground, but it is my hope, everyone else participating here, especially the forum mods, will make an extra effort to adjust, accordingly. Maybe it will require the personal jolt arising from a sudden, deliberate default of U.S. debt obligation to take inventory of your POV, vs the facts on the ground.

Again, Biden and the squad are responsive to this. The wealthiest extreme right have never invested more in persuading the country to focus on anything but this, and its implications, (as does this thread) which are sustained political policy and control counter to the facts on the ground. That is the definition of trumpism.

Evidence supporting G.O.P. is the political projection of an oligarchy,:

This news of 3 months old data came out today, the chart below is comprised of 6 months old data. Assume this new wealth accumulation in today's Fed Res release is distributed in similar proportion to the top one, top ten, top thirty, and bottom fifty percent as in recent history,

The Federal Reserve reported on Thursday that U.S. household wealth reached a record high of $141.7 trillion in the second quarter of 2021. That was a $5 trillion increase on the first quarter of 2021, when U.S. household wealth was at roughly $136 trillion. 49 mins ago

51508327063_1f9525a5e8_h.jpg

Representation of the same data, at the same time as the right side of the graph, March 31, 2021, as it applies to the wealthiest one percent.:
51261041812_87ac14b9a9_z.jpg

Last edited:
President Joe Biden claimed in a CNN Presidential townhall Tuesday that the "we didn't have" the coronavirus vaccine when he entered office on Jan. 20, 2021.
Biden receives first dose of Covid-19 vaccine on live television on December 21, 2020. Got the 2nd dose January 11, 2021.
He's not wrong. The vaccine was not widely available and there were issues with the PPE and other associated equipment being widely available as well.

If this is the statement you are referring to, he is correct.

THE PRESIDENT: In other words, it’s not all of a sudden 600 million doses are going to appear. And what’s going to happen is: It’s going to continue to increase as we move along, and we’ll have — we’ll have reached 400 million by the end of May and 600 million by the middle of — by the end of July.

And the biggest thing, though, as you remember when you and I — no, I shouldn’t say it that way, “as you remember” — but when you and I talked last, we talked about — it’s one thing to have the vaccine, which we didn’t have when we came into office, but a vaccinator — how do you get the vaccine into someone’s arm? So you need the paraphernalia. You need the needle, and you need mechanisms to be able to get it in. You have to have people who can inject it into people’s arms.

other then those listed

He's given the GOP a big chance at sweeping coming midterm elections

Please be so kind to enter or explain an alternate choice. I had more choices but the poll number apparently is limited. Thanks!!
It is not easy to determine which one of those failing is worse than any other.
What's point of choosing one? It's all speculative and opinion anyway.

Suffice it to say, the country will benefit if Biden keeps doing what he is doing and the 2022 elections result in putting Congress under Republican control.
But the majority won by the GOP next year must be significant enough to overcome a filibuster.

Joe Biden has assured us that we won't run low on rapists and gangbangers for at least 3 more decades.

In other news I stopped beating my wife and kicking my cats 15 minutes ago.

At least that's my version.

Beyond which I doubt that any Potus (of whichever camp) would be bothered in quashing polls as stupid as this one.

He's given the GOP a big chance at sweeping coming midterm elections
Following in Obama's footsteps (though he's 18 years older).

Democrats: Doing for America what they did for the inner cities.

I am addressing you because you are one of the few posters in the thread, and in the forum to post at least somewhat in reaction to, "the facts on the ground," yet you still posted the "fringe lunacy" schtick?

I'm hoping at least you understand that it is reasonable, influenced by "the facts on the ground," to consider "the squad" and Biden's first strenuous pushback against the wealthiest, especially its extreme right wing, political contributors on steroids, element since FDR, the actual, rational political faction-agenda, all things considered, especially countering the primarily reactionary white backlash attack on the pluralistic American society that is voting for Trump and his party and continuing to enthusiastically embrace him, those he endorses politically, their agenda, rhetoric, behavior, level of ethics, sponsored vs blocked legislation and on the edges of all of that anti-constitutional sabotage, there's also McConnell.

Whose interests should Biden, or the squad be de-emphasizing representation of to persuade you they are being more responsive to the facts on the ground? Should AOC or Elizabeth Warren be shifting more toward defending the interests and goals of perhaps, thr wealthiest white males among their constituents?

This, for example is "THE" fact, the elephant in the room that all else orbits around, and bear in mind the trajectory and the current level, reported only today by the Federal Reserve, is only dated to three months ago. and the chart below. to six months ago. But here we are, forcibly deporting Haitians to an airport in their totally devastated country because as a society, that is the level we've descended to.

I don't expect the trump controlled G.O.P. supporters here to admit to or to attempt to understand that THE problem is the failure to align your political point of view to parallel the facts on the ground, but it is my hope, everyone else participating here, especially the forum mods, will make an extra effort to adjust, accordingly. Maybe it will require the personal jolt arising from a sudden, deliberate default of U.S. debt obligation to take inventory of your POV, vs the facts on the ground.

Again, Biden and the squad are responsive to this. The wealthiest extreme right have never invested more in persuading the country to focus on anything but this, and its implications, (as does this thread) which are sustained political policy and control counter to the facts on the ground. That is the definition of trumpism.

Evidence supporting G.O.P. is the political projection of an oligarchy,:

This news of 3 months old data came out today, the chart below is comprised of 6 months old data. Assume this new wealth accumulation in today's Fed Res release is distributed in similar proportion to the top one, top ten, top thirty, and bottom fifty percent as in recent history,

The Federal Reserve reported on Thursday that U.S. household wealth reached a record high of $141.7 trillion in the second quarter of 2021. That was a $5 trillion increase on the first quarter of 2021, when U.S. household wealth was at roughly $136 trillion. 49 mins ago

51508327063_1f9525a5e8_h.jpg

Representation of the same data, at the same time as the right side of the graph, March 31, 2021, as it applies to the wealthiest one percent.:
51261041812_87ac14b9a9_z.jpg
Let them eat brioche.

All bad options. When you do a poll, try to be at least somewhat objective.

I am a moderate Republican for the record. Yeah, I know. I have said that multiple times here.

I actually happy about Biden as president. Here's my reasons:

1. Signed the American Rescue Plan.
2. Signed the bill to make Juneteenth a national holiday.
3. Takes the Covid19 crisis seriously, and made many executive orders to get more people vaccinated.
4. Got us out of the longest fighting war in American history.

Regressive southern governors are only prolonging the pandemic, along with right-wing media outlets.
So, as a moderate, you are happy about Biden as president.
Apparently you don't care about the opinions of the American who believe, according to the numbers, Biden IS NOT doing a good job as president.
You can believe what you want. You might as well be a Democrat for as much as you approve of Biden's performance.

A new Quinnipiac University national poll of adults has President Joe Biden's job approval rating underwater, with 42% approving of how Biden is handling his job, compared to 50% who disapprove.

Quinnipiac Poll: Biden's job approval is underwater and a strong majority disapprove of his handling of foreign policy​

I'm hoping at least you understand that it is reasonable, influenced by "the facts on the ground," to consider "the squad" and Biden's first strenuous pushback against the wealthiest, especially its extreme right wing, political contributors on steroids, element since FDR, the actual, rational political faction-agenda, all things considered, especially the primarily reactionary white backlash attack on the pluralistic American society that is voting for Trump and his party and continuing to enthusiastically embrace him, those he endorses politically, their agenda, rhetoric, behavior, level of ethics, sponsored vs blocked legislation and on the edges of all of that anti-constitutional sabotage, there's also McConnell.
I appreciate the detailed response (sincerely) and hope you don't mind that I cut the quote for the sake of space.

In response I will say that my use of the term "lunatic fringe" is a catch-all, meant to underscore my distaste for extremists on either side of the partisan fence directing the policy of either party (or worse, the nation). There is a hard push in both parties to move further right/left, eschew moderation and compromise, and uphold narratives/rhetoric that portray the political opposition not just as roadblocks to desired policy, but as genuine enemies of the state. This only undermines whatever good more rational voices, grounded in realpolitik, might have otherwise been able to accomplish. Instead we only entrench deeper behind out preferred partisan lines. Tribalism, stagnation, and further decline are the end results.

You bring up a lot of good points about class divide and white backlash and I have no particular objection to them. I certainly have no objection to underscoring and critiquing the hyper-tribalism/anti-intellectualism/victim outrage Trumpism injected into the GOP. The problem for the left is not so much that they dabble not in similar rhetoric, but who leads their charge. Isn't the message so much as the messengers, because whatever salient points might be brought up are lost in knee-jerk reaction to the individual. Hell, I'm as guilty of this as anyone - Marjorie Taylor Greene could come out and begin to consistently make intelligent, reasoned commentary and policy proposals that would have done Barry Goldwater proud, and it would take me a long time to get past the fact that she's said batshit things for much too long.

My use of the Squad is in relation to Israel, and provides the most obvious counter example: personally, I agree with them in questioning why we need to continue to play sugar daddy to Israel's military, to the tune of $4B in taxpayer money annually. It is especially egregious when you consider that that money would go a long way to prioritizing and enhancing the interests of Americans here on American soil - infrastructure, health care, education. But that message is sadly undermined when it comes from someone like Ilhan Omar, who has a record of making anti-Semitic statements and therefore undermines whatever justifications Democrats may have re: defunding Israel's military, because it plays right in to the hands of the MAGA crowd. "SEE? THEY HATE JEWS!" All reasonable dialogue is handicapped from that point forward.

Thanks for reading, I hope that makes some sense.

Last edited:
Let them eat brioche.

Wow. That's a lot of data and verbiage to take in all at once.
Is there going to be a test at the end of the day?
Is it your point that rich people keep getting richer and the poor people poorer?

Are you suggesting that 400 rich families in this country represent an oligarchy?

Do you suffer from wealth envy?

I appreciate the detailed response (sincerely) and hope you don't mind that I cut the quote for the sake of space.

In response I will say that my use of the term "lunatic fringe" is a catch-all, meant to underscore my distaste for extremists on either side of the partisan fence directing the policy of either party (or worse, the nation). There is a hard push in both parties to move further right/left, eschew moderation and compromise, and uphold narratives/rhetoric that portray the political opposition not just as roadblocks to desired policy, but as genuine enemies of the state. This only undermines whatever good more rational voices, grounded in realpolitik, might have otherwise been able to accomplish. Instead we only entrench deeper behind out preferred partisan lines. Tribalism, stagnation, and further decline are the end results.

You bring up a lot of good points about class divide and white backlash and I have no particular objection to them. I certainly have no objection to underscoring and critiquing the hyper-tribalism/anti-intellectualism/victim outrage Trumpism injected into the GOP. The problem for the left is when they dabble not in similar rhetoric, but who leads their charge. Isn't the message so much as the messengers, because whatever salient points might be brought up are lost in knee-jerk reaction to the individual. Hell, I'm as guilty of this as anyone - Marjorie Taylor Greene could come out and begin to consistently make intelligent, reasoned commentary and policy proposals that would have done Barry Goldwater proud, and it would take me a long time to get past the fact that she's said batshit things for much too long.

My use of the Squad is in relation to Israel, and provides the most obvious counter example: personally, I agree with them in questioning why we need to continue to play sugar daddy to Israel's military, to the tune of $4B in taxpayer money annually. It is especially egregious when you consider that that money would go a long way to prioritizing and enhancing the interests of Americans here on American soil - infrastructure, health care, education. But that message is sadly undermined when it comes from someone like Ilhan Omar, who has a record of making anti-Semitic statements and therefore undermines whatever justifications Democrats may have re: defunding Israel's military, because it plays right in to the hands of the MAGA crowd. "SEE? THEY HATE JEWS!" All reasonable dialogue is handicapped from that point forward.

Thanks for reading, I hope that makes some sense.

You wrote: "questioning why we need to continue to play sugar daddy to Israel's military, to the tune of $4B in taxpayer money annually. It is especially egregious when you consider that that money would go a long way to prioritizing and enhancing the interests of Americans here on American soil - infrastructure, health care, education."

You're worried about $4 billion annually to the Israelis?

In Biden's world, given the Socialist programs he wants to pass, that is more of a rounding error. Israel is the one, true democracy in the Middle East, our staunchest ally in that region, and a bulwark against Middle East terrorists. And you wish to cripple them?

In other news I stopped beating my wife and kicking my cats 15 minutes ago.

At least that's my version.

Beyond which I doubt that any Potus (of whichever camp) would be bothered in quashing polls as stupid as this one.

Its not stupid...this poll has a valid point, which is that Biden is a disaster with no discernable accomplishments and a whole ton of **** ups!

You wrote: "questioning why we need to continue to play sugar daddy to Israel's military, to the tune of $4B in taxpayer money annually. It is especially egregious when you consider that that money would go a long way to prioritizing and enhancing the interests of Americans here on American soil - infrastructure, health care, education."

You're worried about $4 billion annually to the Israelis?

In Biden's world, given the Socialist programs he wants to pass, that is more of a rounding error. Israel is the one, true democracy in the Middle East, our staunchest ally in that region, and a bulwark against Middle East terrorists. And you wish to cripple them?

Happy to discuss it over on the thread dedicated to this.

Its not stupid...this poll has a valid point, which is that Biden is a disaster with no discernable accomplishments and a whole ton of **** ups!
A poll which has practically only negatives to choose from IS stupid. In fact it's frickin' stupid.

If one needs to make a poll like this, rather than simply criticizing the subject on all the points listed as "options":rolleyes:, that makes not only the poll stupid but also having created it in this manner. Not to mention the dishonesty involved.

It's as if I were to start a poll on whether your inability to see this is down to:

1) You're too stupid to know better
2) You're too much of a failure at debate to understand it
3) Your partisanship makes you blind to just about everything
4) the fact that you don't get my wife beating reference (look up "loaded question(s)") disqualifies you in and for anything else anyway
5) etc.
6) etc.
7) etc.

rinse and ......................

Incidentally I'd say the same thing if such a poll had been concocted in this manner over Trump or, for all I care, over Wild Bill Shufflebottom.

Please be so kind to enter or explain an alternate choice. I had more choices but the poll number apparently is limited. Thanks!!
What a nice objective poll. Did you copy the choices from a Fox News show or was it from right wing radio? What's the point of this thread other than satisfy your need to expose yourself and as ultra partisan? Maybe for your next poll you can add choices that allow for an alternative opinion or would that upset you to see most people don't agree with your absurd choices? You realize that only right wingers will actually vote so the entire poll is pointless...nice job!

What a nice objective poll. Did you copy the choices from a Fox News show or was it from right wing radio? What's the point of this thread other than satisfy your need to expose yourself and as ultra partisan? Maybe for your next poll you can add choices that allow for an alternative opinion or would that upset you to see most people don't agree with your absurd choices? You realize that only right wingers will actually vote so the entire poll is pointless...nice job!
Amen (see my post # 97, above)

So, as a moderate, you are happy about Biden as president.
Apparently you don't care about the opinions of the American who believe, according to the numbers, Biden IS NOT doing a good job as president.
You can believe what you want. You might as well be a Democrat for as much as you approve of Biden's performance.

A new Quinnipiac University national poll of adults has President Joe Biden's job approval rating underwater, with 42% approving of how Biden is handling his job, compared to 50% who disapprove.

Quinnipiac Poll: Biden's job approval is underwater and a strong majority disapprove of his handling of foreign policy​

Now you're putting words into my mouth. Where did i say i dont care about other people's opinion on Biden? You just made that up.

Back
Top Bottom