• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What exactly IS TDS?

Trump Derangement Syndrome is just a derisive term for bigotry directed towards Donald Trump and, more importantly, those who voted for him. It is presuming that anyone who voted for Donald Trump (or even if they did not vote for him, have the temerity to defend some of his statements or policy decisions) is an evil person until a huge amount of evidence is brought forth to prove otherwise.

I do not use the term because I think it is toxic in a debate to question or attack the mental health of an interlocutor.

He never said that, but maybe you should check the reason you needed to lie about this.
TDS?

It was irony. Sorry you missed it. But I was being too negative. On the positive side, Trump didn’t blame illegals for the Reichstag fire.

just one of the many pointless nicknames and insults that the MAGA Cult pulled out of their butts because they don't have rational policy solutions to real life problems and they can't debate those who do.

I've never used it pro or con, to describe his defenders or to describe his enemies.
I've had it hung on me, however, and I think I have made a rather honest attempt to be anything but TDS.

TDS is the mental illness that leads people to believe that Donald Trump is presidential material.

TDS is the mental illness that leads people to believe that Donald Trump is presidential material.

Nope, that is Trump Defense Syndrome :lamo

I clearly defined the term as Trump DERANGEMENT Syndrome in Post #1

Nope. It's the derangement aspect that makes people think Trump is presidential material.
It kicked in 'way back during the election before the Trump Defense Syndrome showed up. Maybe one leads to the other. Maybe they're just different symptoms of a larger syndrome.
Probably all of it can be treated successfully with medicinal edible pot products. Most things can, my experience.

TDS is Trump Defense Sickness, symptoms include constantly insisting that he is doing Great Things and that his critics are biased against lying cheating and corruption.

There is only one known sure cure, which unfortunately will take 2 years to arrive, unless emergency intervention is utilized.

It's also an anagram for STD!

what's a vagina hat?

Unfortunately the deep corruption of America is now obvious to anyone who has the sack to face up to reality.

That most certainly leaves a lot of folks out.

I think he is referring to the stupid looking pink ***** hats.

OHHHH, so he was making a connection between Trump's reference to grabbing ***** and the protestors hats. Thanks.

Unfortunately the deep corruption of America is now obvious to anyone who has the sack to face up to reality.

That most certainly leaves a lot of folks out.

People without sacks?

So the people with sacks will stand up to the corruption of Trump?

And look at how you run from my point....

There might very well be a reason for that.

TDS = Trump Defense Syndrome. Where people will defend to the most absurd ends anything and everything Trump says no matter how ridiculous, childish, or untrue.

When someone has a weak argument they make things up mnemonic devices which they use to shame the opponent to Puff themselves up with the mistaken notion that this somehow results and winning an argument

TDS is such a gimmick. Whenever a conservative or otherwise stupid Republican realizes he is unable to win an argument he or she pulls out this old trope as if that makes their argument better

And if you ask for what is TDS, it doesn't matter because it's being used as a propaganda device which are always based on falsehoods and as such it's a moot point to know what it is for it really doesn't matter does it?

How do you debate or define something that's made up to begin with ? that's silly

Last edited:
I've never used it pro or con, to describe his defenders or to describe his enemies.
I've had it hung on me, however, and I think I have made a rather honest attempt to be anything but TDS.

Certainly, I have not to my recollection ever used the term "Trump Derangement Syndrome" against anybody here. And even if I did, I would certainly not say it should be attached to you. I think there is a vast gulf of difference between those people who criticize the President for the horrible things he says and those who give him blind support in apparent contradiction of their ostensible ideals and values on the one hand, and anti-Trump bigotry on the other. The first is generally reasonable and reality based, and adheres to the standards of decency that most everyone shares. The second leads people to denigrating the very humanity of people with whom political differences are held.

It's a term used by Trump's Deluded/Delusional Supporters. It's almost always a signal to ignore anything else said by the person who uses it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…