• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Does Prevaricating Look like?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Jerome Corsi either has great political instincts or he is lying his ass off; I’m leaning to the latter. You be the judge;

Example begins around 2:05 thru 3:10.

How can Corsi be the founder of the Birther thing when Hillary was the founder?

How can Corsi be the founder of the Birther thing when Hillary was the founder?

You have an opinion on the high-lighted part of the interview?

I wonder...do these talking potato heads even know where those court documents came from? Or, are they putting truth to my sig?

You have an opinion on the high-lighted part of the interview?

Sure.

Jerome Corsi either has great political instincts or he is lying his ass off.

What I want to know is why to people -- non-government officials, for gov't officials and candidates for such positions have an obligation to disclose and the public have a right to full disclosure -- feel obliged to tell their story in public, and in doing so, lie, "gild the lily," "put lipstick on the pig," etc?

I mean, really. If one's of a mind to tell one's story, just tell the truth.

After all, which of the following kinds of folks had you rather deal with?
  1. An unethical and/or reprobate person who prevaricates/palters about "what's what?"
  2. An unethical and/or reprobate person whose word you can "take to the bank?"
I ain't keen to meddle with either of them, but I'll still take "door #2" every time, because at least I know what value to put on that person and his/her remarks.

What I want to know is why to people -- non-government officials, for gov't officials and candidates for such positions have an obligation to disclose and the public have a right to full disclosure -- feel obliged to tell their story in public, and in doing so, lie, "gild the lily," "put lipstick on the pig," etc?

1. An unethical and/or reprobate person who prevaricates/palters about "what's what?"
I ain't keen to meddle with either of them, but I'll still take "door #2" every time, because at least I know what value to put on that person and his/her remarks.

What if none of the people involved is a person who's word you can "take to the bank"?

By definition you can't take an unethical and/or reprobate person's word to the bank.

By definition you can't take an unethical and/or reprobate person's word to the bank.

Red:
rotflmao.gif

Oh, Lord....Someone who's ignorant of the difference between unethical and untruthful decided to reply to my remarks....
  • Unethical --> Slacking off at work when no one is watching.
    • Unethical and untruthful: Slacking off at work when no one is watching and lying about it.
  • Unethical --> "Dishing someone's dirt," but the derogatory info one shares with others is factually and contextually true.
    • Unethical and untruthful: "Dishing someone's dirt," but the derogatory info one shares with others is not accurate, is fabricated, or otherwise factually or contextually untrue.
  • Those are very simple illustrations; however, there are more complex ones too. To wit, my liberal friends think me unethical with regard to my economic policy stances (economic principles) because those positions will adversely affect a certain genres of people. My liberal friends recognize too that I don't deny or sugarcoat the adverse impacts of my stances.

They ask me things such as, "So you realize that doing "such and such" is going to screw ABC and DEF groups/kinds of people, "thusly" and you are okay with that?" And I respond, "Yes." Thus though they think my economic stances/principles and, to the extent I embrace them, me unethical, they know I'm not pretending, paltering or prevaricating about the nature of the economic policy positions/principles I prefer and promote. They know, as do I, that economic efficiency is what matters most to me in the formulation and implementation of economic policy. Those friends don't like that, but they know I'm "eyes wide open" and that I'm not trying to hide from anyone the downsides of the economic principles I hold.

That all said, I don't think my positions unethical, but that's a completely different discussion....Which is another source of policy conflict between my liberal friends and me....They can't stand that I compartmentalize that which they'd handle holistically. There again, however, the last thing they'd call me is dishonest or untruthful -- hell, not even "the last thing;" they just wouldn't call me that at all.

Unethical and untruthful are distinct qualities. One can be one and not the other. One also can be both. One also can, by others be perceived to be, regardless of whether it's so, one, the other or both. One's duty to oneself is to figure out whether "so and so" is one, the other or both.

Back
Top Bottom