• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

KFC chicken bucket, variety pack, original.....and French fries. Dessert was spice cake with cream cheese frosting.
A very minor thing that I like about the south now living here is there are so many more choices for fried chicken

I'd like some really good fried chicken, hard to find in my neck of the woods.
I was lucky enough before I moved to be near the only Bojangles not in the south. They're all over the place down here. Biscuits are worlds better than KFC or popeyes

Ham to night. Was going to do scallop potatoes and brown sugar and butter acorn squash but I've been packing up cupboards for a kitchen redo and am bushed. So it will be toaster oven sweet potatoes and boiled yellow beans as sides..,easy peasy

IMG_20240508_172903275_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

Shells with sausage and spinach. The recipe used orecchete and arugula but I was looking to save a couple bucks

Smoked trout in a white parsley sauce over pasta and topped with grated parmesan. Created a rather pitiful salad on the side by emptying the vege draw in the fridge. Already missing my summer garden, and most of the winter veges aren't even close to harvest yet. I smoke my own fish and the fish for dishes like this or home made smoked fish pate etc get an extra heavy smoke, and a little extra salt/brown sugar. Really brings through the flavor, but for just eating on crackers etc I use a lighter smoke. Trout was a nice fat late season ~6lb Rainbow that a friend dropped off as an excuse to plan our winter trout fishing trips. Smoked trout is as good, or maybe better, than smoked salmon imo.

Did a dry rub and inserted a temp probe until the internal temp got to 205 degrees.
Took about an hour and a half.
thanks for the reply. did you set the smoker for about 225-250F
when i smoke brisket and pork shoulders, that is my desired cooking temp and eventually pull the meat off the grill when the internal reaches 203-205 (usually ~ 10 hours)
just wondering if it's the same approach for a smaller cut in a shorter cooking time

thanks for the reply. did you set the smoker for about 225-250F
when i smoke brisket and pork shoulders, that is my desired cooking temp and eventually pull the meat off the grill when the internal reaches 203-205 (usually ~ 10 hours)
just wondering if it's the same approach for a smaller cut in a shorter cooking time
You got it.

Back
Top Bottom