• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are you going to do?

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
you have a job. you have insurance. you pay your bills and do everything you are supposed to do. you go to work. you aren't rich, but you are doing ok. then you feel off somehow. you go to the doctor to find out what is going on. you find out you have cancer. ok, you have insurance.... we can take care of this. you set up appointments and get ready for surgery and plan on chemo. you try to keep working, but find out you are too sick to keep working and end up having to take leave. but what about your insurance??? you can get cobra.... but it is so expensive!!! oh that's right... there is a subsidy to help folks keep their insurance. well, that helps....

now it has been so long and you are too sick to go back to work and the cobra subsidy is run out and you can't pay the cobra AND the copays.... it is all too much since you are sick and shouldn't have to be worrying about this. you are starting to go under, and now you have lost your insurance. so what are you going to do now??? you have no insurance and can't even get any private insurance because you are sick. what will you do???

maybe you will qualify for medicaid.... but you have too many assets. what are you going to do???

Sell assets, like a fully actualized adult, pay for what I can, and as a last result go on public (Medicare, Medicaid) charity, or a private charity, never forgetting that it indeed a charity.

It is also possible that I'll simply ask for pain relief. People shouldn't spend too much of their charitable dollars on any one person.

By the way, this is the approach I took after being seriously injured a few years ago.

Have a term-life and disability policy(they are sometimes packaged together).

Disability insurance, often called disability income insurance, is a form of insurance that insures the beneficiary's earned income against the risk that disability will make working (and therefore earning) impossible. It includes paid sick leave, short-term disability benefits, and long-term disability benefits

Last edited:
The correct answer is that you die from stress and leave a huge debt that will hang over your spouse for the rest of their life.

or

You lose everything and only then do you qualify for medicaid, move in with your children and be a burden until you die from shame.

or

You just draw the line, refuse all further treatment and die hoping the life insurance will still pay off after you refuse life saving treatment.

Bottom line, you die and your private insurance plan is happy to be rid of you.

I believe the left (generalization) have got to be some insecure folks. It seems to me they want a safetynet for everything.

Oh my gosh what if I lose my job? We will insure people still get paid. (unions)

Oh my gosh what if I lose my insurance and Im ill? (Government care)

Oh my gosh Im a single parent, what am I to do? (welfare)

Oh my I am pregnate and dont want to be. (abortion)

The correct answer is that you die from stress and leave a huge debt that will hang over your spouse for the rest of their life.

or

You lose everything and only then do you qualify for medicaid, move in with your children and be a burden until you die from shame.

or

You just draw the line, refuse all further treatment and die hoping the life insurance will still pay off after you refuse life saving treatment.

Bottom line, you die and your private insurance plan is happy to be rid of you.

Actually, I have the plan that Hellhound proposed above. Term life insurance (to take care of my kids if something happens to me before they are through college), and short/longterm disability insurance.

Actually, I have the plan that Hellhound proposed above. Term life insurance (to take care of my kids if something happens to me before they are through college), and short/longterm disability insurance.

:rofl

You called WI Crippler "Hellhound". :lol:

you have a job. you have insurance. you pay your bills and do everything you are supposed to do. you go to work. you aren't rich, but you are doing ok. then you feel off somehow. you go to the doctor to find out what is going on. you find out you have cancer. ok, you have insurance.... we can take care of this. you set up appointments and get ready for surgery and plan on chemo. you try to keep working, but find out you are too sick to keep working and end up having to take leave. but what about your insurance???

99.9% of the time you would not lose your insurance. Unpaid medical leave is not termination of employment.

99.9% of the time you would not lose your insurance. Unpaid medical leave is not termination of employment.

If you people don't shut up and eat the healthcare gruel that Congress plans to throw into the trough for all of us, you are REALLY going to see Angry Carpenter get angry.

Back
Top Bottom