• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Americans Think about Daily Life

Doug64

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This is my third thread dealing with Rasmussen polls. My first (What Americans Think about Politics) and second (What Americans Think about President Biden) are solidly political, naturally enough, but not all Rasmussen polls are political--occasionally they deal with anything from who we think will win the Superbowl to whether we should have a separate holiday for Abraham Lincoln's birthday. As with the first thread, I have the same premium membership as journalists use to get access to the crosstabs they use in their articles, so I can provide them if anyone professes an interest.

And the first poll in this thread, what American Adults think of Will Smith slapping Chris Rock.

You have to sign-in or create an account to read it. Frankly, when reading what Americans like or dislike, I get depressed.
Isn't there a game show that deals with what Americans think?

You have to sign-in or create an account to read it.

That's true for most of the content of many of the daily polls reported, but not all of them.

Isn't there a game show that deals with what Americans think?

If there is I haven't heard of it, but it's been years since I've paid much attention to game shows.

Boy, I don't know but seems like I've seen advertisements for something like that, in the past? I don't think I could watch it.
Example> Most Americans don't want to drive an electric car. The reason? Doesn't have that big loud sound to it and very fast acceleration.
Geez...not a good reason.

How many people just don't give a shit about what Smith did to Rock?

There's less than well-thought-out reasons for a lot of what people think, everywhere. Of course, people generally don't so much think as feel, and then come up with reasons to support their feelings....

How many people just don't give a shit about what Smith did to Rock?

If you assume that those that "somewhat" agree and disagree don't care much about it, at least 38%.

Is there a poll called 'How Many Americans Think'? My guess would be almost 50%, on a good day.

Is there a poll called 'How Many Americans Think'? My guess would be almost 50%, on a good day.

Which would make us different than everyone else ... how, exactly?

Which would make us different than everyone else ... how, exactly?
No .it would not make Americans different from EVERYONE else, just those who have a lower or higher average IQ or an average better or worse education.

So what do Americans think of working from home?

I'm one of those that found myself working from home full time instead of in the office, and I can't say I enjoyed it much. Sure, being able to walk from my bedroom to the game room made into an office in a few steps was nice, but I live only ten minutes by bike from front door to my office desk so that was at best a wash--that ten-minute ride is actually a nice way to start your day. And I missed having my co-workers around me, even if I'm not the most sociable of people. Whether most others agree with me ... probably not, the horror stories of the commute can be brutal!

Easter is this Sunday, and a lot of Americans are going to be in church:

You have to sign-in or create an account to read it. Frankly, when reading what Americans like or dislike, I get depressed. With all due respect.

That's true for most of the content of many of the daily polls reported, but not all of them.
I forgot to add, I have a premium membership, so access to the same crosstabs that journalists often include in their reporting if you are ever interested in more detail.

So, apparently Johnny Depp is convincing.

Not quite a "leisure" thing, but definitely "daily life."

Not a coffee drinker myself, though I have gotten into cacao (which is even more expensive, luckily I don't drink as much--nowhere near as much, for which we can thank our good friends in Parliament).

And number three in the top four US holidays....

And summer is now here (for most of us). With inflation, we'll see if we hit even the 36% that vacationed last year....

I fall into the 4-5 times a week, but less than fifteen minutes--more for time, than anything.

So most American adults think we're facing another Great Depression, think our kids will be worse off than we are, and aren't enjoying the high gas prices at all. But hey, at least our teens won't have any problems finding work!

We've long called it America's Pastime, but ...

We may not get all that excited about Father's Day, but at least we get the importance of fathers and families right.

So, for most of us the long nightmare of the Wuhan virus is over, and I doubt it will be back:

And perhaps less important but more immediate:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…