• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Well, THAT storm sucked.

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I think we must have gotten 5" in a half hour.

I didn't really need that tree in the side yard, anyway.

The dogs sure appreciated the drinking water pouring over the window in the utility room tho.

We are at 119 days straight without rain...I'd happily take an inch of that...

I think we must have gotten 5" in a half hour.

I didn't really need that tree in the side yard, anyway.

The dogs sure appreciated the drinking water pouring over the window in the utility room tho.

Glad you're okay, man.

Where I am at in Northern Michigan we've had three straight days of severe thunderstorms. My lawn is going to be a bitch mowing...

Well there are ways of doing this my brother but our "Economy" builds GAS lines, not Water lines..
We are at 119 days straight without rain...I'd happily take an inch of that...
We've been bombed by lightning/thunderstorms for two days, last night more around 3:00 A.M.

The rivers will swell at confluences; The confluence system for the Mississippi R. is impressive..
I was at the Ohio and Mississippi confluence in March;;
There's a reason they call the Ohio the big muddy..

Now Southern Missouri is another world..
That's where I would run the water pipe to Joplin, along a just finished 4-lane US 60 east-west across S. MO and then into I-44..
Truck it to you after that .

A little over a week ago, we got 7 inches of rain here in one day. Water was flooding the hwy about 5 miles from me, and the road was impassable for hours. It is the most rain I have seen in a day for many years, and we really needed it. We still need more. Our lakes are all lower than I have ever seen them in my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom