• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Welcome To The Wisconsin Toll Road!

AJiveMan

Paying To Play
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
State lawmakers ponder idea of toll roads in Wisconsin | FOX6Now.com

It was only a matter of time, all those Illinoisans coming up here to the Dells and the waters in Wisconsin with their heavy oversized four wheelers, huntin', fishin', and riding the Wisconsin Ducks, you folks that come to this sate might be paying tolls to drive the roads up here in the future.

Do I like it? NO, I do not. I believe it'll turn you good folks away, and make tourists go elsewhere. I think it's going to hurt the state.

Don't call people from Illinois "good folks".

I don't like this, because when I drive back to Wisconsin to visit my family I'll have to pay to get through Illinois and Wisconsin.

It was only a matter of time, all those Illinoisans coming up here to the Dells and the waters in Wisconsin with their heavy oversized four wheelers, huntin', fishin', and riding the Wisconsin Ducks, you folks that come to this sate might be paying tolls to drive the roads up here in the future.

Do I like it? NO, I do not. I believe it'll turn you good folks away, and make tourists go elsewhere. I think it's going to hurt the state.

don't come to FLorida then it is one huge toll road and well it hasn't turned people away.

don't come to FLorida then it is one huge toll road and well it hasn't turned people away.

Florida has warm weather and bikinis, and well Wisconsin has........well cheeseheads.

You guys should pay for your roads man, don't you know the infrastructure in America is falling to pieces? :2razz:

You guys should pay for your roads man, don't you know the infrastructure in America is falling to pieces? :2razz:

yea aren't they always harping on that we need more tax to pay for this stuff.

I'm not pro-tax, but if you want to take control back from the federal govt you have to learn to pay for things yourself.

Don't call people from Illinois "good folks".

I don't like this, because when I drive back to Wisconsin to visit my family I'll have to pay to get through Illinois and Wisconsin.

Hey, the good folks of Illinois? Their money is green, and tourist destinations here love it, and depend upon it.

Hi American,
you know, the only problem I have with this is that Walker makes claim that Wisconsin's budget is balanced. Who knew that there's a 1.5 billion dollar shortfall for maintaining and repairing our roads. He calls that balancing the budget?

When we balance out budget here at home, we scrutinize every bill and invoice, and say to ourselves, these need to be paid, and out of the money we receive, we pay the bills, and rarely have a shortfall in our budget.

Me thinks Walker doesn't know how to manage money too well.

Hi American,
you know, the only problem I have with this is that Walker makes claim that Wisconsin's budget is balanced. Who knew that there's a 1.5 billion dollar shortfall for maintaining and repairing our roads. He calls that balancing the budget?

When we balance out budget here at home, we scrutinize every bill and invoice, and say to ourselves, these need to be paid, and out of the money we receive, we pay the bills, and rarely have a shortfall in our budget.

Do you think budgets are that B&W? Come one, it's very possible he's including federal funding that they may not be getting now.

Do you think budgets are that B&W? Come one, it's very possible he's including federal funding that they may not be getting now.

I do know he turned down federal funds for rail in this state.

Budgets are budgets, you either have one, or you don't.

If you can't balance your budget, and come up short, you need to borrow to close the gap.

If find it difficult to believe that you're taking this line that you are, being a conservative.

I do know he turned down federal funds for rail in this state.

Budgets are budgets, you either have one, or you don't.

If you can't balance your budget, and come up short, you need to borrow to close the gap.

If find it difficult to believe that you're taking this line that you are, being a conservative.

Tolls.

So this is a tax then. How much money do we want to bet that Walker runs on "not raising taxes?"

So this is a tax then. How much money do we want to bet that Walker runs on "not raising taxes?"

all toll roads are a tax.

in FL almost all the major roads in and out of major cities are toll roads.

My problem with toll roads is the lack of consistency. Different transponders in different areas. Some take credit cards, some don't. Some only take coins. Some only take certain dollar amounts, i.e. $1 or $5 bills

I've had to scramble at a lot of toll booths digging for the money they would accept. They make it difficult for people that travel.

The worst thing that could happen, is if Wisconsin places a toll booth at the Illinois - Wisconsin state line on I-94, it's going to make people take state roads and older US highways to venues hosted in Milwaukee like summerfest, the ball park, Italian - Polish - German - Irish etc. fests.

US 45 parallels I-94 from the WI-IL state line and goes north. Bigger traffic jams, bigger problems, faster pavement deterioration due to increased traffic volume. People will look for other roads to get to the Dells too.

Budgets are only black and white when they're from DEM govs, not the Walkers of this Country.
The good folks of Illinois can get sick of Walker real quick.

And yes, many of us good folks from IL have been coming to Wisconsin before many of your people were even alive,
such as that youngster Congressman Ryan, let alone the ones who have moved there.

And we also know your back roads by the "Letter" .
Hi American,

Budgets are only black and white when they're from DEM govs, not the Walkers of this Country.
The good folks of Illinois can get sick of Walker real quick.

And yes, many of us good folks from IL have been coming to Wisconsin before many of your people were even alive,
such as that youngster Congressman Ryan, let alone the ones who have moved there.

And we also know your back roads by the "Letter" .

:confused:

Living in Chicago as a youngster, we visited Twin Lakes and fished there, now, what are you talking about with the
And yes, many of us good folks from IL have been coming to Wisconsin before many of your people were even alive
remark? As for me, I'm a transplant. Please stop with the your people thing, it's uncalled for since you do not know me, and do not know where I've been.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=twin+lakes+wi&hnear=Twin+Lakes,+Kenosha+County,+Wisconsin&t=m&z=13

My problem with toll roads is the lack of consistency. Different transponders in different areas. Some take credit cards, some don't. Some only take coins. Some only take certain dollar amounts, i.e. $1 or $5 bills

I've had to scramble at a lot of toll booths digging for the money they would accept. They make it difficult for people that travel.

GPS is a good tool for navigating backroads. Either that or a good old paper map suffices.

Don't listen to that. Tolls are a usage fee. Not a tax.

Ever seen a pay toilet? You pay to use it. If you don't pay, or have not a quarter, you do it in the woods, like a bear except you'll use oak leaves to wipe.

You may have noticed that I "liked" the post of yours I quoted.
That should tell you there was no sarcasm meant.
Living in Chicago as a youngster, we visited Twin Lakes and fished there, now, what are you talking about with the remark?
I have known many transplants to take up the attitude of go back to Illinois.
Wisconsin has never been as polarized as it is now.
As for me, I'm a transplant.
Good for you--no ill feelings were sent out to you.
Please stop with the your people thing, it's uncalled for since you do not know me,
and do not know where I've been.
"Your" people doesn't mean the same thing as "you" people.
You took it the wrong way.
If I offended you, I apologize .

And yes, the direction your governor is taking your state as well as the attitudes of a majority of your voters make me no longer welcome in WI .

You may have noticed that I "liked" the post of yours I quoted.
That should tell you there was no sarcasm meant.

I have known many transplants to take up the attitude of go back to Illinois.
Wisconsin has never been as polarized as it is now.

Good for you--no ill feelings were sent out to you.

"Your" people doesn't mean the same thing as "you" people.
You took it the wrong way.
If I offended you, I apologize .

And yes, the direction your governor is taking your state as well as the attitudes of a majority of your voters make me no longer welcome in WI .

My FIL father in law told us before he passed on, that he bought a little 12 foot fishing boat and wanted to try his luck in Wisconsin, he said people were rude up here. If you bring a boat up here, obscure the ID number, or at least the part that's IL. I don't why that is, but it is what it is. One would think oh heck yes, come here and spend your tourist $$$ !

Lately, like on ABC7 Chicago, they've been advertising the Dells. I hope they're more welcoming than the turds who inhabit lake front properties.

The voters here are fickle, they stayed home on the recall, and hoped Walker would do a good job, eeek!

It'll prolly be the same later this year in the Wisconsin gubernatorial election, the stupids will stay home and not vote. Not this household though.

My FIL father in law told us before he passed on, that he bought a little 12 foot fishing boat and wanted to try his luck in Wisconsin, he said people were rude up here. If you bring a boat up here, obscure the ID number, or at least the part that's IL. I don't why that is, but it is what it is. One would think oh heck yes, come here and spend your tourist $$$ !
This is why I loved the Whitewater/Madison area, the DEMs of course.
They treated us good, especially on Friday night fish fries.
We enjoyed our trips to old County Stadium also--The True Blue Brew crew.
When I was younger in the 80's, I played on several softball teams in Wisconsin, not too far from Lake County where I taught.

Lately, like on ABC7 Chicago, they've been advertising the Dells. I hope they're more welcoming than the turds who inhabit lake front properties.
The voters here are fickle, they stayed home on the recall, and hoped Walker would do a good job, eeek!
It'll prolly be the same later this year in the Wisconsin gubernatorial election, the stupids will stay home and not vote. Not this household though.
Walker will be Koch-backed and important DEM constituencies will stay home, just as in 2010.

Did they fix that lake that flooded or dam that broke? ?

Good thing Sen. Johnson is up in a Presidential year.
He has already tried to tack back to the center and normal--don't trust him.

Hey, the good folks of Illinois? Their money is green, and tourist destinations here love it, and depend upon it.
Look at the kind of vile people they elect to office to represent them, not the least of which is our current communist-in-chief. IL is welcome to burn to the ground.

This is why I loved the Whitewater/Madison area, the DEMs of course.
They treated us good, especially on Friday night fish fries.
We enjoyed our trips to old County Stadium also--The True Blue Brew crew.
When I was younger in the 80's, I played on several softball teams in Wisconsin, not too far from Lake County where I taught.

Walker will be Koch-backed and important DEM constituencies will stay home, just as in 2010.

Did they fix that lake that flooded or dam that broke? ?

Good thing Sen. Johnson is up in a Presidential year.
He has already tried to tack back to the center and normal--don't trust him.

Hell, when we first purchased a home here in Pleasant Prairie in the mid 80's, everyone called us FIBs. We waited til out IL plates expired at the end of the licensing year because we were strapped for cash after the home purchase. I cringed every time I heard it.

The Delton break was finished in '08. We were in New Mexico at the time.

We have not a good viable candidate to run against the Walker machine.

Back
Top Bottom