• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Weed Strains

do they still have 90s weed that just makes you want to watch documentaries and go to McDonalds after laughing about how slow time is going? the last stuff i tried in the early 2010s was closer to getting kicked in the head by a horse. way too strong.

do they still have 90s weed that just makes you want to watch documentaries and go to McDonalds after laughing about how slow time is going? the last stuff i tried in the early 2010s was closer to getting kicked in the head by a horse. way too strong.

You could grow your own and be very careless about your husbandry.

However, as a recent retiree who no longer need worry about random urinalysis, I would say that for an old timer the idea is to be careful how much you smoke. Not that I'm saying you're an old timer, but I sure am. Anyway, THC is THC. If it has twice as much as is within your experience, smoke half as much for the same effect. Roughly speaking.

However, as a recent retiree who no longer need worry about random urinalysis, I would say that for an old timer the idea is to be careful how much you smoke. Not that I'm saying you're an old timer, but I sure am. Anyway, THC is THC. If it has twice as much as is within your experience, smoke half as much for the same effect. Roughly speaking.

i'll have to wait until my state wakes up and realizes how much money it's losing. i'm still mid career, and people need me to keep my job, so i don't partake right now. however, i'm a decent gardener when it comes to legal crops.

i'll have to wait until my state wakes up and realizes how much money it's losing. i'm still mid career, and people need me to keep my job, so i don't partake right now. however, i'm a decent gardener when it comes to legal crops.
My state legalized recreational last year right around when I retired. If I hadn't retired, I still wouldn't have likely been able to....experiment...because of the nature of my job. My state doesn't allow home grown, except for very minor quantities in the case of those with medical permission. I believe they handed out the growing licenses as political favor and intend to keep a monopoly on it as much as possible. Can't have the peons growing their own weeds when there's money to be made in that shit at the official dispensaries!

My state legalized recreational last year right around when I retired. If I hadn't retired, I still wouldn't have likely been able to....experiment...because of the nature of my job. My state doesn't allow home grown, except for very minor quantities in the case of those with medical permission. I believe they handed out the growing licenses as political favor and intend to keep a monopoly on it as much as possible. Can't have the peons growing their own weeds when there's money to be made in that shit at the official dispensaries!

yeah, i figure that my state will do some half measure first, like letting their rich buddies corner the market before they finally treat it like booze. then every job will ramp up its testing to make sure that you didn't have any over the weekend.

yeah, i figure that my state will do some half measure first, like letting their rich buddies corner the market before they finally treat it like booze. then every job will ramp up its testing to make sure that you didn't have any over the weekend.

I could kind of see limiting the amounts so as to keep anyone bent on commercial growing out of the market. I mean, I could understand it, if not really agree with it. I don't think it would be unreasonable to allow enough for personal use though, yet the powers that be think it's important to keep even that small market cornered.

The fed was involved with various aspects of my work that make a zero tolerance policy likely for at least as long as weed is illegal at the fed level.

I could kind of see limiting the amounts so as to keep anyone bent on commercial growing out of the market. I mean, I could understand it, if not really agree with it. I don't think it would be unreasonable to allow enough for personal use though, yet the powers that be think it's important to keep even that small market cornered.

The fed was involved with various aspects of my work that make a zero tolerance policy likely for at least as long as weed is illegal at the fed level.

most of my work has involved seriously thorough background checks at point of hire that make whatever libertarian is left inside me throw a temper tantrum. they don't generally do random tests, though they could. it's not worth the risk. i'd rather have my job.

That was my position exactly. We were subject to random. We were also mandated to be tested in case of any reportable incident that involved property damage or injury of personnel.

OK, weed review: Mimosa, a good 70/30 hybrid, mostly sativa strain with huge nugs and a nice taste. I bought flower, $50 for 1/8th. Worth it, a nice euphoric buzz with a bit of body numbing, but you are still there and not couch locked and you can get things done. Good strain to take before a bike ride, you are in control, but you can't feel your tires, and the bike seems to hover a bit...

The Leafly description:

Mimosa is a hybrid marijuana strain made by crossing Clementine with Purple Punch. In small doses, this strain produces happy, level-headed effects that will leave you feeling uplifted and motivated enough to take on any mundane task. In large doses, Mimosa may make you feel sleepy and relaxed. This strain has a strong aroma and flavor that reminds you of its namesake - with notes of fruit and citrus flavors bursting through. Medical marijuana patients choose this strain to help relieve symptoms associated with depression and stress. Mimosa is a rising star in the cannabis community, so don't pass up an opportunity to enjoy this special strain.

From Allbuds:

Mimosa is a sativa dominant hybrid strain (70% sativa/30% indica) created through crossing the classic Purple Punch X Clementine strains. If you're looking for an early morning pick-me-up (minus the alcohol), this bud is totally for you. Mimosa packs bright and happy daytime effects that are perfect for chasing sleep away and giving you a positive mood as you take on your day. You'll feel an energetic, clear-headed lift at the onset of the high, which fills your brain with euphoric motivation and laser-sharp focus. A light tingle accompanies these effects, resting mainly in the body rather than your head. With these effects and its high 19-27% average THC level, Mimosa is said to be the perfect choice for treating those suffering from conditions such as depression, chronic stress or anxiety, ADD or ADHD, migraines, and nausea or appetite loss. This bud has a sweet and sour tropical citrus flavor with a light berry exhale, almost like a fresh mimosa! The aroma follows the same profile, although with an influx of woody florals and fresh earthy herbs. Mimosa buds have rounded dense small olive green nugs with lots of dark orange hairs and a coating of bright white crystal trichomes.

I worked for 14 years in the airline business, and another 10 at a few sites that drug tested. I was the head of HR at a few sites that tested, so, there was no way in hell I could smoke, I had to let a few people go for bad drug tests, and that just killed me.

Now, I work for a gigantic Silicon Valley company, been working at home for over 7 years. We don't test, we can't, if we did, we would lose all of our programmers....

Recreational MJ sales in AZ started 3.5 weeks ago, its been fun, but a lot of the dispensaries are wiped out of the popular stuff now.

most of my work has involved seriously thorough background checks at point of hire that make whatever libertarian is left inside me throw a temper tantrum. they don't generally do random tests, though they could. it's not worth the risk. i'd rather have my job.
I was hired a few times by the US State department, on the condition that I would actually get the job when they had an opening. They asked about marijuana, I told the truth, I did it in college. Each time I had to go through a huge extensive background check (in two countries because I have an Irish citizenship as well). Sure enough, the last time I was hired, after about 6 months they wanted me for a position, just after my father died and I bought the family house and a new dog, and had a new job (which turned out to suck). I had to turn it down, but I know that my background is clean as hell.

I was hired a few times by the US State department, on the condition that I would actually get the job when they had an opening. They asked about marijuana, I told the truth, I did it in college. Each time I had to go through a huge extensive background check (in two countries because I have an Irish citizenship as well). Sure enough, the last time I was hired, after about 6 months they wanted me for a position, just after my father died and I bought the family house and a new dog, and had a new job (which turned out to suck). I had to turn it down, but I know that my background is clean as hell.

When I enlisted in the Army, there was a question about marijuana use. I must have hesitated, because the recruiter said, "I can't tell you what to answer, but you know what the answer is, right?"

Later on, I got a Secret clearance, which involves some sort of background check. Then even later, I had a special background investigation done that was supposed to be much more extensive, involving some interviews with friends and family. That was a result of my job requiring me to periodically enter the bullion depository at Ft. Knox. Through both these, the MJ question never came up or was ignored, so far as I know.

i had to give employers access to my full consumer history report, whatever that is. luckily, i'm good at my job, and am boring, at least officially.

When I enlisted in the Army, there was a question about marijuana use. I must have hesitated, because the recruiter said, "I can't tell you what to answer, but you know what the answer is, right?"

Later on, I got a Secret clearance, which involves some sort of background check. Then even later, I had a special background investigation done that was supposed to be much more extensive, involving some interviews with friends and family. That was a result of my job requiring me to periodically enter the bullion depository at Ft. Knox. Through both these, the MJ question never came up or was ignored, so far as I know.
Yeah, by the time of my last background interview, MJ use wasn't a huge thing. They interviewed neighbors, friends, old co-workers, went through my credit, etc. One thing that was tough, I traveled a lot, so some of the countries they had problems with. One interviewer asked me extensive questions about the 2 times I went to Vietnam. After the questioning, she asked me about travel tips to Vietnam, because she really wanted to go there!

I am waiting for both state and federal. I sometimes get put on accounts where they do drug tests before letting you work on them, and quite often , the drug test is the 5 panel drug test.

gotta ask
is there any significant amount of gold stored at fort knox?

gotta ask
is there any significant amount of gold stored at fort knox?

Sorry. I wasn't able to verify that for myself, since they wouldn't allow me in the actual vault or vaults. Yes, I did ask if I could see for myself. The Treasury agents laughed.

A lot of it is too strong for me - causes anxiety. I mostly stick to strains with lower THC - the northern lights I just bought say 14.2%, and that's pretty perfect for me. Or look for strains with higher CBD, but I think those are difficult to find unless you're going for a CBD dominant, in which case the THC is low.

You can search leafly and allbud to find strains that are more relaxing, too.

OK, weed review: Mimosa, a good 70/30 hybrid, mostly sativa strain with huge nugs and a nice taste. I bought flower, $50 for 1/8th. Worth it, a nice euphoric buzz with a bit of body numbing, but you are still there and not couch locked and you can get things done. Good strain to take before a bike ride, you are in control, but you can't feel your tires, and the bike seems to hover a bit...

The Leafly description:

Mimosa is a hybrid marijuana strain made by crossing Clementine with Purple Punch. In small doses, this strain produces happy, level-headed effects that will leave you feeling uplifted and motivated enough to take on any mundane task. In large doses, Mimosa may make you feel sleepy and relaxed. This strain has a strong aroma and flavor that reminds you of its namesake - with notes of fruit and citrus flavors bursting through. Medical marijuana patients choose this strain to help relieve symptoms associated with depression and stress. Mimosa is a rising star in the cannabis community, so don't pass up an opportunity to enjoy this special strain.

From Allbuds:

Mimosa is a sativa dominant hybrid strain (70% sativa/30% indica) created through crossing the classic Purple Punch X Clementine strains. If you're looking for an early morning pick-me-up (minus the alcohol), this bud is totally for you. Mimosa packs bright and happy daytime effects that are perfect for chasing sleep away and giving you a positive mood as you take on your day. You'll feel an energetic, clear-headed lift at the onset of the high, which fills your brain with euphoric motivation and laser-sharp focus. A light tingle accompanies these effects, resting mainly in the body rather than your head. With these effects and its high 19-27% average THC level, Mimosa is said to be the perfect choice for treating those suffering from conditions such as depression, chronic stress or anxiety, ADD or ADHD, migraines, and nausea or appetite loss. This bud has a sweet and sour tropical citrus flavor with a light berry exhale, almost like a fresh mimosa! The aroma follows the same profile, although with an influx of woody florals and fresh earthy herbs. Mimosa buds have rounded dense small olive green nugs with lots of dark orange hairs and a coating of bright white crystal trichomes.

A hovering bike....I like that. I have been very much strictly indica - 85% and above indica/sativa, because of the relaxing & sleeping effects. But I have been looking for a daytime strain
for occasional use, and this sounds pretty good if I can find it in the lower THC range. Thanks!

Northern Lights is my all time favorite - it just puts a smile on my face. Relaxing and happy.

Leafy description:

Northern Lights is an indica marijuana strain made by crossing Afghani with Thai. Northern Lights produces euphoric effects that settle in firmly throughout the body, relaxing muscles and easing the mind. Consumers say this strain has a pungently sweet and spicy flavor profile that is smooth on the exhale. Medical marijuana patients choose Northern Lights to help relieve symptoms associated with depression, stress, pain and insomnia. Growers say this strain features purple and crystal-coated buds and grows best indoors with a flowering time of 45-50 days.

Northern Lights stands among the most famous strains of all time, a pure indica cherished for its resinous buds, fast flowering, and resilience during growth. This strain has given rise to famous hybrids like Shiva Skunk and Super Silver Haze. Rumor has it that Northern Lights first sprouted near Seattle, Washington, but was propagated out of Holland after 1985 at what is now Sensi Seeds.

Allbud description:

Few strains come with as much widespread renown as Northern Lights, inarguably one of the most popular strains of all time. An inbred descendant of original Afghani landrace strains, Northern Lights is a pure indica. THC levels can reach 16-21%, making this one of the most potent strains available on any market. A couple hits is all it takes for most patient's seeking this strain's powerful body effects, an upbeat mix of euphoria and physical relaxation. CBD levels are less clear, but they certainly aren't high enough to recommend this as a treatment for seizures or other conditions that respond to CBD. Even so, Northern Lights is a highly useful medical strain, effective at treating anxiety, pain, and insomnia, as well as lack of appetite. Cottonmouth is common, as are red eyes, while other negative effects are much more limited. This strain has a sweet, earthy flavor with hints of citrus. Northern Lights is most popular on the West Coast and in Colorado, but it's a favorite pretty much everywhere else marijuana can be found.

There is a Northern Lights #5 (there are several northern lights, but these 2 are the only ones I've come across), which generally seems to have higher THC but its crossed with Haze, and is
less relaxing and mellow than regular northern lights.

A hovering bike....I like that. I have been very much strictly indica - 85% and above indica/sativa, because of the relaxing & sleeping effects. But I have been looking for a daytime strain
for occasional use, and this sounds pretty good if I can find it in the lower THC range. Thanks!
I have an electric bike with pedal assist, fun when you aren't stoned, and a good workout.

hehe...smoke less. The nice part about today's herb is that you can get off on a couple hits, rather than a big ol' bat.

That said, most places I buy from shows THC quantities for each strain. If you're going past 20%, that's space weed. Shoot for 10-16%...it'll remind you of that old school bud. A lot of the strains that are at that level are generally bred to be high in CBD, so you'll get some nice medicinal benefits along with your chill out session... :)

Post your favorites! Rate them, say why they're you're favorites, what form - flower, extracts......

Or just say which you like and which you don't!

Favorite medical strain is Granny's Medicine....18% THC / 18% CBD, great terpene profile. I always prefer concentrates these days, specifically rosin, but I've tried the flower as well, and it's great - complete relaxation of anxiety symptoms and great pain relief. It's tricky to find it though...thankfully I know a guy who invested heavily into those genetics.

Favorites otherwise - Critical Kush, Gorilla Glue, Strawberry Banana (though this one I need to hit some CBD first, otherwise the paranoia gets away from me - it's like a tsunami, very powerful stuff). And I never say no to Purple Haze, just for the nostalgia...that was the holy grail in my high school days...hehe...

With so many strains out there these days, I generally select based on terpene profile. Potency just tells me how long the ounce will last. ;)

Back
Top Bottom