• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

We must leave Iraq

Another way to look at it is disrupting them enough to make others not want to join their stupid organization or to reduce the power of that stupid organization or to make more moderate members of that stupid organization recognize the stupidity of that organization, take it over and make it less stupid.
So the plan is trying this and getting them new recruits by stupid foreign policy and finding out which one's has more influence? This does not seem to work in the right direction so far.

So the plan is trying this and getting them new recruits by stupid foreign policy and finding out which one's has more influence? This does not seem to work in the right direction so far.

Or the plan is trying this and not getting them new recruits. It is conceivable that those in the stupid organization have been there.

Just a different way of looking at it.

Or the plan is trying this and not getting them new recruits. It is conceivable that those in the stupid organization have been there.

Just a different way of looking at it.
It's not so different, this can be done by leaving Iraq.

It's not so different, this can be done by leaving Iraq.

Or not. I'll admit that the war in Iraq is not a topic I am an expert in. But since Muslim extremists who hate America have been around for far longer than the Iraqi war, I don't know that either staying or leaving is going to do anything to stem or swell that tide. The issues that have caused this go far beyond the war. Just as the issues that need to deal with it go far beyond the war. Perhaps this is for another thread...

Or not. I'll admit that the war in Iraq is not a topic I am an expert in. But since Muslim extremists who hate America have been around for far longer than the Iraqi war, I don't know that either staying or leaving is going to do anything to stem or swell that tide. The issues that have caused this go far beyond the war. Just as the issues that need to deal with it go far beyond the war. Perhaps this is for another thread...
There are other reasons for the coalition troops to leave Iraq, too.

We need to send more targets for all parties involved that have become our enemies to practice on.

Going there has done a lot to create more of those wanting to attack us. Iraq was not a real problem in this area.

I cannot find anybody who can tell me who the enemy is in Iraq. Who are our soldiers supposed to shoot at?

Originally posted by TOT:
Sunni insurgency, Shia Militia, Iranian agents, and AQ fighters.
Sunni's are not insurgents, their Iraqis!

The Shia Militia is part of the Iraqi government.

How do you tell who is who? Do we ask them first?

I cannot find anybody who can tell me who the enemy is in Iraq. Who are our soldiers supposed to shoot at?

How could you? You're sitting at home behind a computer.
Soldiers in the field have a lot of work to do, including recognizing who they're fighting.

I doubt there is any one on an internet forum who can break it down for you.

So you know as I do that our children soldiers in Iraq do not have a clue who the enemy is. I George Bush does not have a clue.

So you know as I do that our children soldiers in Iraq do not have a clue who the enemy is. I George Bush does not have a clue.

Of course they do. We don't know how to differentiate them.
The perspective of actually being there is quite different than the view from behind our keyboards.

Bush doesn't need to know. He needs to rely on the men and women serving to be competent enough to do what it takes to do their job properly.

imperialist armies are meant to fight each other, not guerrillas

imperialist armies are meant to fight each other, not guerrillas

From a historical perspective, have you noticed how Republicans believe they have ESP (Extra Sensory Perception)? Yet they continue to be wrong about everything.

Originally Posted by billybobama
The Goo Goo Dolls and the Beatles are also the enemy.
Do you know how many pages (of tax dollar money) the FBI has on John Lennon?

This is completly unrelated to Lennon, but in perfect harmony with his message of "Give Peace a Chance" and the way it was received by the political pundits back then.

The following quote is just from the other day, but it was true 50 years ago as well...
Dealing with the Hypocrisy of the Human Perceptions
Commentary by Paul Watson, Founder and President of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

It is a bizarre world we live in where people are sympathetic to killers and condemn those trying to save lives. It is a world where governments and corporations can commit atrocious acts of ruthless violence, yet both condemn as violent any non-violent opposition to their activities.

Last edited:
Do you know how many pages (of tax dollar money) the FBI has on John Lennon?

This is completly unrelated to Lennon, but in perfect harmony with his message of "Give Peace a Chance" and the way it was received by the political pundits back then.

The following quote is just from the other day, but it was true 50 years ago as well...

This is my code. Fascism is a very serious political ideal. Fascism has found a very comfortable home in the Republican Party as it has in political parties all over the world. I hate Fascism. Simple.

Originally Posted by billybobama
This is my code. Fascism is a very serious political ideal. Fascism has found a very comfortable home in the Republican Party as it has in political parties all over the world. I hate Fascism. Simple.
Have you sought out counseling on your hate fetish?

Back
Top Bottom