• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We may finally see Trump’s tax returns, and Republicans are panicking

The roast continues of Donald Trump here at DP. With every new day several threads pop up usually by the same anti-Trumpers who I am convinced do it as group therapy for TDS.

With each story it carries their hope that something will eventually take down Trump. Yes the Trump roast continues....

Roasts as in Dean Martin use to be some of the funniest stuff on tv.

This one is a blast from the past.

]

Odd.

No comment on the tax returns.

The roast continues of Donald Trump here at DP. With every new day several threads pop up usually by the same anti-Trumpers who I am convinced do it as group therapy for TDS.

With each story it carries their hope that something will eventually take down Trump. Yes the Trump roast continues....

I think they only thing not under investigation involving trump is his youngest child and wife. LMAO! His campaign, his businesses, his administration, the list goes on! Liberals kind of hope Mueller waits a little while longer to produce his report so we can really enjoy watching Trump squirm! LMAO!

*facepalm *

Because there's always the chance he'll put his profits over the best interests of the country.

This seems to confuse conservatives.

How about even a shred of evidence that he's done such a thing before the search? Does "4th Amendment" ring a bell?

Greetings, Vesper. :2wave:

:lamo . :thumbs:

I'm all for disclosing tax returns of all Senators and House members and well as President and VP. So that does not worry me a bit. If it was a law we would have less crooks running for office. Setting an example is part of what our legislators are supposed to do.

Not just them, EVERYBODY. There's no place in a free society to have one set of laws for one class of people and another set for the rest of the people. If candidates for elected office no longer get 4th Amendment protections for their taxes and, presumably, other financial papers then nobody else should either.

What you are basically arguing here, is that Government Officials should not be transparent about their business dealings and wealth.

When one is dealing with an alleged billionaire that is also deciding to take up the nations highest office, there is the possibility that they can be financially compromised by a hostile power, I'm not saying that's whats happened in his case, but the fact he has not been transparent about his business dealings and hasn't divested himself properly of his business interests SHOULD set off alarm bells for any good, thinking citizen.

But you're standing there, this, alleged small government conservative saying, we don't need to know anything about his finances... He decided to run for public office and while it's not the law for him to release his tax returns... Why is he the only candidate in modern history not to do so?

Why doesn't that concern an alleged small government conservative?

What I'm saying is that there is no reason that, in a free society, we should have separate laws for separate classes of citizens. We shouldn't even have separate classes of citizens!

Are they in charge of the most powerful country on Earth?

The president is not in charge of the US. He is the head of one branch of government and we have three co-equal branches.

What I'm saying is that there is no reason that, in a free society, we should have separate laws for separate classes of citizens. We shouldn't even have separate classes of citizens!

We should have a high standard for those who presume to rule over us, that's how democracy and rule of law sustains itself, that our elected and other government officials are transparent, what you're arguing here is nuts.

Small government conservative my shiny asshole, you're arguing that the public never has a right to know about a potential conflict of interest, you're begging for up to the eyeballs corrupt politicians to operate freely.

Things are different with a president. We need to know if he has conflicts of interests he is withholding.

The whole reason Nixon started this was to show the world taht "he was not a crook".

We need to know if the prez is a crook, or not, get it? No one cares about you.

It could be legislated, easily.

The president, like every other American, is due the protections of the Constitution and that includes the presumption of innocence. That includes the requirement that searches be conducted ONLY with probable cause.

She is next in line of succession after the Vice President. I want to see her returns.

That's right! If something happens to trump and pence we could be looking at a Pelosi administration!!! Wouldn't that we wonderful??!!!!

So, who here is gullible enough to think if Trump had some shaky dealings he'd declare them on his tax forms?

There is no Constitutional requirement for anyone to release their tax returns. As such, it's a matter of personal privacy and should be respected...unless you don't believe anyone should have personal privacy.

Well, it is at least a LITTLE odd that Donald was all about people releasing personal information when he wasn't in the running for public office, and now all of a sudden wants to shut that Pandoras Box.

Not to mention that he himself said he would do so many, many many times.

We should have a high standard for those who presume to rule over us, that's how democracy and rule of law sustains itself, that our elected and other government officials are transparent, what you're arguing here is nuts.

Small government conservative my shiny asshole, you're arguing that the public never has a right to know about a potential conflict of interest, you're begging for up to the eyeballs corrupt politicians to operate freely.

Instead far too many over the decades decided "If you can deliver me ever greater quantities of candy and if you also try to make me feel good then that is good enough for me, I dont care about the rest, I am too busy to care".

We used to be better.

Good Grief!!!! They don't rule over us! We're not vassals of the landlord or subjects of the crown! That's what "equality" means. It means that it's one of us that happens to have the job of president and it's for EXACTLY that reason that we don't have a separate set of rules for politicians.

Good Grief!!!! They don't rule over us! We're not vassals of the landlord or subjects of the crown! That's what "equality" means. It means that it's one of us that happens to have the job of president and it's for EXACTLY that reason that we don't have a separate set of rules for politicians.

So you think it’s OK to indict the President while in office?

You think Mueller should be able to subpoena him rather than him negotiating written questions?

Just checking.

Cause a different set of rules would be terrible.

Do you not understand how governments work?

Yes, even as President he can't come to my House and take my wife on the first night of our union.

But he makes massive decisions, sets policy and makes choices where, his financial interest in making such decisions should be fully disclosed and available for the public to know, in a free, fair and transparent democracy this is absolutely paramount in maintaining its integrity because those decisions can have far reaching consequences for its citizens.

If it was just the tax returns, perhaps it'd be a bit alarmist, but how he has not divested himself of his financial interests, where all previous Presidents have gone out of their way to do so, should alarm any good, thinking citizen.

You are basically stating that it is not in the public interest to know whether someone in the most powerful government position there is, has any financial interests that could potentially conflict with decisions he may have to make in that position.

So you think it’s OK to indict the President while in office?

You think Mueller should be able to subpoena him rather than him negotiating written questions?

Just checking.

Cause a different set of rules would be terrible.

The Constitutional process of impeachment is the appropriate way to handle criminal acts committed by federal elected officials. Should the official be impeached, then they should be open for prosecution by the courts. It's actually important that things be handled that way at the federal level so that no state or states can, by themselves, oust an elected official from another state.

Do you not understand how governments work?

Yes, even as President he can't come to my House and take my wife on the first night of our union.

But he makes massive decisions, sets policy and makes choices where, his financial interest in making such decisions should be fully disclosed and available for the public to know, in a free, fair and transparent democracy this is absolutely paramount in maintaining its integrity because those decisions can have far reaching consequences for its citizens.

If it was just the tax returns, perhaps it'd be a bit alarmist, but how he has not divested himself of his financial interests, where all previous Presidents have gone out of their way to do so, should alarm any good, thinking citizen.

You are basically stating that it is not in the public interest to know whether someone in the most powerful government position there is, has any financial interests that could potentially conflict with decisions he may have to make in that position.

Do you not understand how "reasonable cause" works? You need some kind of evidence that he committed a crime before you can start tearing through his paperwork. "He's nicer to Putin than I think he should be" isn't a crime.

The Constitutional process of impeachment is the appropriate way to handle criminal acts committed by federal elected officials. Should the official be impeached, then they should be open for prosecution by the courts. It's actually important that things be handled that way at the federal level so that no state or states can, by themselves, oust an elected official from another state.

Ah.

So it’s different.

Do you not understand how "reasonable cause" works? You need some kind of evidence that he committed a crime before you can start tearing through his paperwork. "He's nicer to Putin than I think he should be" isn't a crime.

How about ‘he owns a hotel that foreign governments are dumping money into’?

If obtaining the Tax returns is so out and out illegal, then Trumps lawyers should have no problem filing an injunction.

Meanwhile your lack of concern regarding the transparency of elected and other government officials, not just about tax returns, forget that for a moment, but the larger implications of not divesting himself of his financial interests is pretty startling for an alleged small government conservative.

It's a bad joke, but what can one hope for from a Trump cultist.

Because the lack of transparency you're arguing for here is how you literally end up with criminals with very, very bad motivations in Public Office.

We may finally see Trump’s tax returns, and Republicans are panicking

trump-tax-reform-long-island-financial-advisor-fiduciary-new-york.jpg

Trump and the GOP would vastly prefer a permanent deep burial as distant as possible from any sunlight.

Yeah , he must be TERRIFIED that information like this will come out:

A 93-page list of Donald Trump's charitable contributions from the last five years

This list includes 4,844 individual gifts, which add up to more than $102 million over five years. A Washington Post analysis found that the bulk of them were actually free rounds of golf, given away by Trump's courses for local charity auctions and raffles. In addition, the $26 million land donation at the top of the first page was actually from 2006, too old to be counted on the list

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps...-contributions-from-the-last-five-years/2013/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH , the HORROR!!!!

hysterics.jpg

wiseguys laugh.jpg

Democrats and their lapdogs in the media ALWAYS use a republicans tax return as a weapon. Trump won’t allow them to do it to him and it galls them to the point of insanity. Meanwhile, President Trump just keeps improving America!

Back
Top Bottom