• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

We Can Learn What Was Before The Big Bang??!!

Incorrect again liar. You cannot prove whether there are multiple gods or even a Christian God. That goes for any religion and not just Christians.

You just hate the fact, you cannot say as FACT that it is a Christian God.

I can't believe you're in the science section of the forum asking for proof of God. I mean really, aren't you sick of embarrassing yourself ?

Christianity is a FAITH....you get that ? It's something I don't have to prove to anyone let alone you.

" Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to."...you ever hear that quote ? So you want proof of the Christian God ? Or any other God ? Good luck with that, because I never offered up any proof. I never claimed to possess any information that proves the existence of any God. That's your twisted dilemma and if you want some good advice I would keep it to myself if it were up to me.

I mean you cant even continue a discussion on the fundamentals of particle physics and Universal truth's but you want scientific proof God exist ?

Look, theoretically energy or matter cannot be created or destroyed, and all energy and mass that exist currently in our universe has existed since the beginning of time ( Big Bang ). It simply changes.

So on a fundamental level there has just been a long and declining chain of events, from cause to effect all the way back to the FIRST CAUSE. Now even the most gifted and prominent Scientists can't tell us what happened prior to the acute expansion of a singularity where all time and space and matter that's in our Universe currently existed. Actually it's paradoxical to even refer BACK prior to the Big Bang because not even TIME existed.

All they can say is there was a beginning and any thing outside of that beginning is transcendent of our Universe.

So go ahead with your generic atheistic nonsense. I chalk your issues up to your profound lack of scientific knowledge and just generic intellectual laziness.

Yea I may not have stated specifically that what they detected was a particle that behaved like a the Higgs Bosun should.

And yes, they haven't confirmed that that was the Higgs Bosun.

Oh, that's what the problem was, it "acted like" but wasn't decidedly a Higgs field / particle (seems both are interchangeable, but I don't know)

By any rate it is a step towards proving the Grand Unifying Theory.

Ya, there's been promise that we are on the verge of a big theory of everything.

Even with what is known (and proven) about quantum mechanics and the intricacies involved with the intricacies of the wave-particle duality of matter and determining the "actual" "interpretation" of QM.

Eventually when we can identify the fundamental particles and their corresponding waves with certainty the next step will be research into pre-big bang "existence".

That seems to be the next step, but I have said for some time that in order to reach a true theory of everything, it seems inevitable that the physics will need to address philosophical issues like what life is and how it fits into the equation. (in that life acts in a way contrary to entropy, at the species level through evolution)

That's if CERN doesn't start a Globe Killing chain reaction by accidentally creating a " strange quark". ( unlikely yes I know )

Unlikely, but running enough tests over a long enough period of time...

There are still allot of unanswered questions surrounding the Big Bang theory like the Flatness Problem. Recent data from NASA has shown the our entire universes spatial geometry is essentially isotropoc and homogoneous. Any pre-big bang theories would have to account for this anomaly.

There is also the Horizon Problem where radiation from the Big Bang seems to have spread out in a Uniform and isotropic rate. For radiation to be this uniform the photons would have had to be mixed around allot.

At light speed their simply hasn't been enough time to accomplish this. For photons to zip accross the Universe and back enough to become "thermalized".

And there is the magnetic mono-pole problem. Super String Theory and the Grand Unifying Theory both speculate that they exist, but we still hav'nt located one. We can isolate and identify mono-polar particles with either aa positive or negative charge but no monopoles.

IF yoy cut a magnet in half that had a North and South designation, you would just be left with two magnets with North and South designations.

Anyway, yes allot of unanswered questions.

Yes, lots of unanswered questions... Some of them are likely unanswerable, especially from our limited perspectives.

I listened to Michio KaKu this morning on Fox and he said using the Hadron Collider we can go back before the Big Bang. I was not aware this was possible. So answer this question would this not give us the final answer? Or is it only how it happened, not what made it happen? I am lost here.
If there is anything of a material nature prior to the "big bang", then that simply makes the "big bang" a very large singularity, a big ol' black hole that shot back ..

.. And thus steady state theory isn't so obsolete after all.

If there is anything of a material nature

prior to the "big bang", then that simply makes the "big bang" a very large singularity, a big ol' black hole that shot back ..

.. And thus steady state theory isn't so obsolete after all.

Singularities have ZERO mass and infinite gravitational pull and are thought to exist at the center of every black hole.

Anything "prior" to the Big Bang would be transcendant of our physical universe.

What was before the big bang?

The big foreplay, duh

Problem: If we can go back to before the big bang are we not going to nothingness? How can it be a point if we profess nothingness is something? What is behind the green door, anything?

One potential theory is that a singularity like the BB is just one point in an ever expanding and collapsing Universe. So before the Big Bang, it was a collapsing Universe, possibly with different laws and constants, and this is an endless cycle.

We also might have pocket universes that are formed all the time- but in different dimensions and therefore undetectable directly.So our Universe may just be a pocket Universe in a different Universe.

Back
Top Bottom