• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Wayne County Republican who asked to rescind her vote certifying election results says Trump called her

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

DETROIT — President Trump called a GOP canvassing board member in Wayne County who announced Wednesday she wanted to rescind her decision to certify the results of the presidential election, the member said in a message to The Washington Post Thursday.

“I did receive a call from President Trump, late Tuesday evening, after the meeting,” Monica Palmer, one of two Republican members of the four-member Wayne County canvassing board, told The Post. “He was checking in to make sure I was safe after hearing the threats and doxing that had occurred.”

The call came after an hours-long meeting on Tuesday in which the four-member canvassing board voted to certify the results of the Nov. 3 election, a key step toward finalizing President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

In affidavits signed Wednesday evening, the two GOP members of the board allege they were improperly pressured into certifying the election and accused Democrats of reneging on a promise to audit votes in Detroit.

In an interview, Palmer estimated that she talked with Trump for about two minutes Tuesday. She said she felt no pressure to change her vote. Palmer has said she received messages threatening her and her family during and after the Tuesday tense meeting.

“His concern was about my safety and that was really touching. He is a really busy guy and to have his concern about my safety was appreciated,” she told The Post.

Asked if they discussed the presidential vote count, she said, “It’s hard for me to describe. There was a lot of adrenalin and stress going on. There were general comments about different states but we really didn’t discuss the details of the certification.”

Asked again about possible pressure from such a call, Palmer said, “It was not pressure. It was genuine concern for my safety."

These allegation warrant and investigation into election interference, right? LOL
Of course, right? We should have an investigation into whether or not Trump is trying to influence County Boards to hold off on State certification of votes. Right? I mean, we want to make sure that everything is on the up and up.

lol

I will be so relieved to see these elections certified. Trump is capable of anything and there are enough unthinking devotees who will do the chosen ones biding. If the elections were rigged why not in all States? Why just in largely GOP legislatively controlled States who could, god forbid, negate the vote and send Trump electors? Why are none of the people charged with counting the votes seeing the fraud? Are they all in on it?

Of course, right? We should have an investigation into whether or not Trump is trying to County Boards to hold off on State certification of votes. Right? I mean, we want to make sure that everything is on the up and up.

lol

Absolutely, we want every one to feel comfortable with the results...

Millions of people supporting a crook and con man from the City. Proud Southern Christian men supporting this guy.

I wish they were capable of shame.

Seems Trump called both GOP members:

This is absolutely stunning.

Trump is attempting a coup, albeit an incompetent coup, in real-time.

And it's very clear, based on the cowardice of Republican elected officials, and recent polling of Republican rank and file, that the Republican Party is going along with this charade.

The Republican Party is now revealing itself to the world as a racist, fascist political organization.

What are the odds even one Trumpian shows up in this thread?

What are the odds a courageous and honest Trumpian who loves the Republic more than they hate Democrats shows up in this thread to call Trump out on his bullshit?

How can a candidate calling a board of canvassers member be legal? I don't care what the "stated" reason is this is absolutely election interference and must be condemned in the strongest terms. Time for GOP legislators to grow some and put the country first. The world is looking on in shock and disbelief that this could be happening in the United States, the former beacon of democracy.

How can a candidate calling a board of canvassers member be legal? I don't care what the "stated" reason is this is absolutely election interference and must be condemned in the strongest terms. Time for GOP legislators to grow some and put the country first. The world is looking on in shock and disbelief that this could be happening in the United States, the former beacon of democracy.

Where are all the Trump supporters who want to investigate election fraud and interference?

That is CRIMINAL.

OK Trump fans....tell me how this isn't something a dictator would do...

They flat-out don't care. Sticking it to the "Left" and sticking it to the media is more important to them than our democracy.

Back
Top Bottom