• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Warnings on the dangers of NOT aborting?

So, before you make BLANKET assertions that no one is ponying up, remember one thing... if there were not individuals such as myself in this country, there would be no adoptions of babies... period.

People speak of adoption as if it's draconian. Granted in the 40's through 60's, maybe even 70's it was. But then again, at that time, it was shaming to a family for a girl to have a baby out of wedlock. Adoption NOW, isn't adoption then. And I suggest finding out about a subject, before we speak absolute bull***** about it.

No one is denying that healthy white newborns are a viable commodity.
If one happens not to be white, however, or if one's newborn happens not to be healthy, the option you had becomes- suddenly- no option at all.
Hundreds of thousands of adoptable minority and special needs children are currently languishing in state foster care; most will age out of it without finding a family.

No one is denying that healthy white newborns are a viable commodity.
If one happens not to be white, however, or if one's newborn happens not to be healthy, the option you had becomes- suddenly- no option at all.
Hundreds of thousands of adoptable minority and special needs children are currently languishing in state foster care; most will age out of it without finding a family.

My son, was half white, half black. Assumption number 1.. wrong.

My son was also born at 36 weeks, weighing 3 lbs, 6ozs, and was in the NICU for 3 weeks, before he could leave. (oh and I forgot his heart and lung monitor and weekly checkups for the first 6 months of his life..thought I should add that in) Assumption number 2...wrong.

And for your info... I languished in the state foster care system until I aged out. So I don't buy the blanket assertions.

And furthermore, my spare time is spent, between the maternity home that I was in, and some foster homes, helping these young men and women cope with circumstances many times that are not of their own. The reason WHY many children are languishing in the foster care system, is because while they are IN the foster care system, there is very little if any circumstancial help to them, to reduce the trauma often heaped upon them by their parents, and it becomes hopeless when the courts continually want to place children back into the hands of their abusers.

The foster care system.. now THAT is draconian. It has needed overhauling for years. The system is keeping these kids held hostage, all the while praising how it's saving kids from abuse. The ABUSE actually gets compounded by foster parents (not all... but there are some) who see the kids as an extra income, and slave labor. There is no teaching them to be self sufficient. They don't have the time, the patience, or the money. It's a holding cell for kids. And then they cut them loose.

And I can see why people can't or won't adopt these kids. Not because they are unloveable, but most of the time, they are UNREACHABLE. They've been soured, as well they should, and even the most patient of people can't make heads or tails of how to help them.

“That's so absurd. Abortion is such a SMALL portion of what PP does. And even if abortion were GOOD for PP, why in the sam hill would a repeat abortion be any better than any other?”

Abortion is their biggest service, and its what keeps their doors open. Why would woman getting repeat abortions be better? That is such a stupid statement I wont even comment on it. Typical of something you would say however.

“A mastectomy is different from an abortion, an appendectomy is different from a mastectomy, etc. SO WHAT? The point is that it is the woman's body and therefore her choice.”

Abortion is killing, you champion killing.

“The woman's body recognizes the fetus as a part of her body, otherwise the woman's body would reject the fetus as "foreign". Regardless, a woman should not be forced to continue an unwanted pregnancy in HER BODY.”

You might but our government in many circumstances does not. The unborn child is NOT part of the womans body. And again you champion the womans right to dismember her unborn child alive so of course nothing else would matter.

“A woman does have the responsibility of a pregnancy, wanted or not, and with the responsibility goes the choice of what to do about it.”
And of course IYO one choice should include killing.

“Everyone has a point beyond which they believe it is wrong to abort. For some that is conception, for some it is 1st trimester, for some it is viability, and for some it is birth. Why is it so difficult to understand that people disagree?”

And why are their people like you who try to seem so compassionate but are the opposite? Your so anti-life it not funny. Your concern is only with the woman and her choice to kill. YOU SEE NO OTHER LIFE. I take that back…you see life but give a rats arse about it.

“Not only is the fetus unable to EXPRESS it, but they are unable to FEEL it, unable to CARE or know at all.”

Can anyone in a comma express their feelings? Anyone under anesthesia cant express their feelings? I am having shoulder surgery today…..I’ll hopefully be under, does that make me less human, does it mean I have less rights? I wont know what going on will I?

Pleazzze.

Fact is, killing the unborn child to you means nothing. And by all your comments thus far I am sure you could even assist with no regrets someone who was performing an abortion. No problem, no conscience.
That says it all IMO. If that doesn’t rap up whats in a persons character I don’t know what does.

“Probably because the "protection" of unwanted fetuses is not one of the priorities of the scientific community.”

What can they do with the law the way it is? They have already presented their findings and facts in front of congress. And they do not side with pro-choicers.

I GOT pregnant at 18, because I didn't use protection. I WENT to a local pregnancy center, who CLEARLY laid out my options, and yes those options included an abortion. I decided the child shouldn't pay the penalty for my being young and dumb. So I went and spent 7 months at a maternity home, that I paid for, I sought out the services of an adoption agency and I experienced the worst pain of my life having to say goodbye to this little boy that took his shape within my womb. But the story does not end here.

That's all well and good, but it was your CHOICE to do that and it's certainly a respectable choice for you to have made. Don't go imposing your choice on others though.

People speak of adoption as if it's draconian. Granted in the 40's through 60's, maybe even 70's it was. But then again, at that time, it was shaming to a family for a girl to have a baby out of wedlock. Adoption NOW, isn't adoption then. And I suggest finding out about a subject, before we speak absolute bull***** about it.

Adoption is also a choice and one that I certainly respect. Like I said, it's all about choice. Some people want to keep an unwanted baby, some want to put it up for adoption and some want to abort it. Everyone is different and everyone deserves the ability to choose, based on their own circumstances, beliefs and conditions, which option they should take.

Why is that so hard for some people to get?

Yes they do. They count on woman who get pregnant and chose to kill their children. The frosting on the cake for them are the woman who have repeat abortions. For your information they are the largest abortion provider in the country and the world.

I think a mastectomy is a little bit different than an abortion don’t you? Or then maybe you don’t. I believe one kills another human being. A woman gets a mastectomy most likely because it is cancerous and the medical procedure is done to preserve and prolong her life. An abortion is a medical procedure that is done to KILL a life. Big difference between abortion and any other procedure done don’t you think?

Ignoring the facts (that abortions make up a small percentage of what PP does), your ridiculous POV could apply to any type of doctor. So you are missing the point.

The point is, doctors make money when we're sick. Especially surgeons. It would be in their best interest to keep us sick so they can make more money. So by your rationale, we should not believe anything doctors tell us. For example, a doctor who performs mastecomies only gets money if women NEED mastecomies. So, he is probably giving out misinformation in an attempt to make sure that more women come in for mastecomies. After all, that's his "bread and butter". Using your (il)logic, we shouldn't listen to ANY doctor since they're probably all out to make sure we get and stay sick so they can rake in the bucks.

Like I said... you want a tin foil hat?

And who are you giving a death sentence by imposing your will on the unborn child?
No one. There is no other person involved.

You are for the womans right to kill her unborn child, IMO that is anti-life.
yeah, I think we should all commit mass suicide. It's my dream I'm working towards. I have a new drink out.. it's called JJ-KillAid. My plan is to get it in every home in the world and wipe us all out instantaneously.

That is so sweet of you. Don’t care that the unborn is dismembered alive, sucked out alive, burned alive….wow the compassion and love you show.
Whatever way is safest for the mother.

You are for the right of every woman to kill. You think I shouldn’t be able to restrict any womans right to do this……but then you turn around and say……….BUT I think late term abortions should only be done in efforts to save the mothers life. ROFLMAO

You restrict her choice. And I don’t understand why you would feel this way. You don’t care that its killed or how its killed, you said that so yourself, but all of a sudden you for some reason think its wrong to abort in later terms to save the life of the mother.

Oh gee and when would that be? Think you could come up with a date? I mean if your going to take the life of something I would think you would not want to make an error in judgment.

When the nervous system is developed to the point of possible thought processes, then I believe it's possible the fetus has awareness and as such would qualify as a "person".

Spin it anyway you want. It does make a difference to the life you choose to take. They might not be able to express it but how many of them if they could, would agree that they wouldn’t really care if their mothers killed them?
They can't express it, and they can't even feel it or think it. And if they're mothers killed them, they most certainly aren't going to be expressing or thinking anything, least of all concern about their death which they aren't even aware of.

Yes they do. They count on woman who get pregnant and chose to kill their children.

Why would they?
Setting prenatal care aside altogether, doctors make far more money off ordinary, standard, uncomplicated deliveries than abortions.
And for complicated deliveries... they make exponentially more than an abortion costs.
An abortion costs around four or five hundred dollars.
In the US in 1989 (the last year for which I can find accurate statistics), a vaginal delivery cost $4334 on average and a cesarean section cost $7186 on average.
One quarter of all US deliveries are now via c-section (the four most common reasons for c-section being: routine repeat cesareans; dystocia or "non-progressive labor"; breech presentation; and fetal distress), while fully 50% of all medicaid recipients now deliver via c-section.

What does the medical- and especially the OB/GYN- community stand to gain by "encouraging abortions"?
If anything, you'd think they'd be actively discouraging them, in order to make more money.
But generally speaking, they don't do that either, so one can only assume they must be more honest and ethical than most politicians.

“Ignoring the facts (that abortions make up a small percentage of what PP does), your ridiculous POV could apply to any type of doctor. So you are missing the point.”

Your so deluded it is not funny. Planned Parenthood is THE LARGEST ABORTION PROVIDER IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. This is a huge money making business for them. What service do they provide that makes more money for them? Nothing else.

“Planned Parenthood aborted more babies in 2005 than in any previous year, ending the lives of more than 255,015 children by surgical abortion. That number does not include the vast number of deaths caused by the sale of chemical abortion drugs, the morning after pill and abortifacient contraceptives, a major source of Planned Parenthood's income.”

“The abortion chain operates more than 800 centers across the U.S. A report obtained by American Life League’s STOPP International in January revealed the organization operates 173 surgical abortion centers, 57 medical abortion facilities and 595 locations that distribute products causing early chemical abortions.”

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/jun/06060805.html

Year after year………

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2003/dec/03121103.html

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/feb/07022103.html

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/news-articles-press/politics-policy-issues/working-assets-13106.htm

"Planned Parenthood did 115 abortions for every adoption referral to an outside agency and 14 abortions for each prenatal care client," said Ed Szymkowiak, national director of ALL's STOPP. "It is amazing that PPFA can even think people will believe that it is not a pro-abortion organization."

www.lifesite.net/ldn/2003/dec/03121103.html

http://www.abortiontv.com/Misc/planned_parenthood.htm

The fact remains that PP is the countries largest abortion provider and abortions make them rich, its their bread and butter. Repeat abortion is the icing on the cake.

“The point is, doctors make money when we're sick. Especially surgeons. It would be in their best interest to keep us sick so they can make more money. So by your rationale, we should not believe anything doctors tell us. For example, a doctor who performs mastectomies only gets money if women NEED mastectomies. So, he is probably giving out misinformation in an attempt to make sure that more women come in for mastectomies. After all, that's his "bread and butter". Using your (il)logic, we shouldn't listen to ANY doctor since they're probably all out to make sure we get and stay sick so they can rake in the bucks.

Like I said... you want a tin foil hat?”

Want a bucket?

Of course they do. But they are there to make us well, their role is not to kill us. The fact remains, the fact you won't admit to….is that PP is the countries largest abortion provider. They run a business primarily to terminate unwanted pregnancies, by pills and by abortion. they might no have started out with this goal when they started but they do now. Take abortion away and how much would they gross a year? How many epople would be out of a job?

Abortion kills. What other service do doctors do that intentionally kills?

“yeah, I think we should all commit mass suicide. It's my dream I'm working towards. I have a new drink out.. it's called JJ-KillAid. My plan is to get it in every home in the world and wipe us all out instantaneously.
I no doubt probably think you might believe this. But go ahead and spin it anyway you want…….you have to to take focus off the real business of killing. Why is that so damn hard for you to admit. Just come out and say it.

“Whatever way is safest for the mother.”

How juvenile.

Abortion anyway possible. What a cold and callous and heartless and barbaric worldview you have. Absolutely barbarically inhumane.

“When the nervous system is developed to the point of possible thought processes, then I believe it's possible the fetus has awareness and as such would qualify as a "person".”

Oh you THINK eh? You think, you don’t know…….you think. IMO your definition of “person” is warped and again however you want to spin it…….if you deny the woman the right to kill her child in anyway she wants even if its to term……..YOU ENSLAVE HER AND YOU KNOW IT.

“Why would they?
Setting prenatal care aside altogether, doctors make far more money off ordinary, standard, uncomplicated deliveries than abortions.”

Well sure they do. Big difference between dissecting and dismembering a life in the womb. The abortionist only needs a little anesthetic to numb the woman…..a table and a bucket…..he does not need baby monitors, nurses and meds to attend to the child.

“And for complicated deliveries... they make exponentially more than an abortion costs.
An abortion costs around four or five hundred dollars.”

What don’t you get? Damn………THEY ARE TRYING TO SAVE LIVES. You see no difference? Dumb question on my part, of course you don’t.

“What does the medical- and especially the OB/GYN- community stand to gain by "encouraging abortions"?”

They make money on killing babies 1069. Do you deny this fact? PP makes money on killing.

“If anything, you'd think they'd be actively discouraging them, in order to make more money.”

Take away abortion from PP and what would they make money on?

Your so deluded it is not funny. Planned Parenthood is THE LARGEST ABORTION PROVIDER IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. This is a huge money making business for them. What service do they provide that makes more money for them? Nothing else.

That doesn't change the fact that of the services PP provides, abortion makes up a tiny percentage of it. That's like saying that the United States is the biggest nuclear terrorist on the planet because we're the only ones who have ever used nuclear weapons in warfare.

Want to agree to that one?

You need to check your facts. Abortions are a small percentage of the services they perform. They would, and do, make most of their money from:

Contraception, Women
Contraception, Men
Emergency Contraception Kits
Male Sterilizations
Female Sterilizations
Infertility
Colposcopy Procedures
Cryotherapy Procedures
HIV Testing, Women
HIV Testing, Men
Primary care
Midlife clients
Breast Exams/Breast Care
Pregnancy tests
Prenatal clients
LOOP/LEEP Procedures
STI Procedures, Women & Men

DETAILED STATISTICS OF PLANNED PARENTHOOD'S LAST FIVE YEARS (Here, I even used an antichoice site for the info)

Year after year………
Thank god.

Of course they do. But they are there to make us well, their role is not to kill us.
Abortion provider's roles are not to kill us. They are to perform abortions. If women didn't want or need them, they wouldn't need to perform them. The same could be said of ANY doctor. They make money when we need something from them.

The fact remains, the fact you won't admit to….is that PP is the countries largest abortion provider.
Why wouldn't I "admit" to that? It's a fact.

They run a business primarily to terminate unwanted pregnancies, by pills and by abortion. they might no have started out with this goal when they started but they do now. Take abortion away and how much would they gross a year? How many epople would be out of a job?
They would gross quite a bit since they provide many more services other than abortion.

Abortion kills. What other service do doctors do that intentionally kills?
What difference does it make? They do what is requested of them by the patient. Same as any other doctor. If we didn't get sick, docs wouldn't make any money. If we didn't get injured, docs wouldn't make any money. If we didn't need or want certain medical procedures done, docs wouldn't make any money. So it's in their best interest to keep us sick... right?

Oh you THINK eh? You think, you don’t know…….you think.
I do think. Do you?

IMO your definition of “person” is warped and again however you want to spin it…….
No, my definition of person is pretty on spot. I don't attribute personhood to something just because it has human DNA. THAT is warped, and ignorant.

if you deny the woman the right to kill her child in anyway she wants even if its to term……..YOU ENSLAVE HER AND YOU KNOW IT.
No, I don't "know it". The woman has the choice to abort, there is no "enslavement".

They make money on killing babies 1069. Do you deny this fact? PP makes money on killing.
Slaughter houses make money on killing too. So do produce providers, all farmers, butchers, etc. We could not survive if we did not kill.

This is a huge money making business for them. What service do they provide that makes more money for them? ...

The fact remains that PP is the countries largest abortion provider and abortions make them rich, its their bread and butter. Repeat abortion is the icing on the cake...

Take abortion away and how much would they gross a year? How many epople would be out of a job?

Take away abortion from PP and what would they make money on?

Why are so obsessed with the fact that PP gets money from abortions? You have not offered ONE IOTA of proof that PP makes a PROFIT from abortion. Before legalization of abortion, the criminal element PROFITTED from abortion, criminalize abortion and criminals will again make a PROFIT.

“That doesn't change the fact that of the services PP provides, abortion makes up a tiny percentage of it. That's like saying that the United States is the biggest nuclear terrorist on the planet because we're the only ones who have ever used nuclear weapons in warfare.

Want to agree to that one?”

They are the nations biggest baby killer. You want your baby killed…….go there. They even lie to protect those who want to abort and legally can't.

“Abortion provider's roles are not to kill us. They are to perform abortions. If women didn't want or need them, they wouldn't need to perform them. The same could be said of ANY doctor. They make money when we need something from them.”

They perform abortions. AND WHAT DO ABORTIONS DO ?????????????????
ABORTIONS KILL, SO SPIN YOUR WORDING ANYWAY YOU WANT. ABORTION DOCTORS KILL. THEY KILL. THEY ARE UNLIKE ANY OTHER DOCTOR IN WHAT THEY DO. THEY KILL. THEY KILL FOR MONEY.
“No, my definition of person is pretty on spot. I don't attribute personhood to something just because it has human DNA. THAT is warped, and ignorant.”

You don’t attribute personhood to any unborn child. Its nothing to you. Nothing because you think a woman has the right to kill it. You don't care about DNA or any other factor. Killing is all that matters to you and the womans right to do it.

“Why are so obsessed with the fact that PP gets money from abortions? You have not offered ONE IOTA of proof that PP makes a PROFIT from abortion. Before legalization of abortion, the criminal element PROFITTED from abortion, criminalize abortion and criminals will again make a PROFIT.”

Your so out of it its funny. I am not talking about before abortion was made legal. They profit from abortion. They do not operate in the RED.

http://www.abort73.com/HTML/I-E-1-profit.html

“Those who defend abortion, arguing that it is good and necessary for a healthy society, are defending an institution which is making them very wealthy. On the flip side, those who defend unborn life, arguing that abortion is an act of violence against an innocent human being, do so at great financial cost. There is no pay-off on the pro-life side. All the efforts to educate people about the reality of abortion consume large amounts of money, and there is no billion dollar product to refill the coffer. Think about it. Those who support abortion the most are growing rich off its continued availability while those who oppose abortion the most are losing money for their efforts. Who, then, is more likely to be honest and forthright about the issue at hand? Who is more likely to be motivated by principle and who is more likely to be motivated by profit?”

PLANNED PARENTHOOD makes a profit of dead babies.

“Planned Parenthood Annual Report: More Abortions, More Profits
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Planned Parenthood has released its annual report for 2003-2004. The information reveals that the nation's largest abortion business performed more abortions at fewer abortion facilities during the last year. The pro-abortion group also took in fewer private donations and more money from the government. According to Jim Sedlak, president of STOPP International, a watchdog group that monitors Planned Parenthood, the abortion business performed 244,628 abortions, an increase of 6.1 percent. It has performed more than 3.5 million abortions since 1970.Planned Parenthood Federation of America's (PPFA) annual report shows more than one-third of Planned Parenthood's annual income comes from abortions. Surgical abortions accounted for $104 million of the $302.6 million its offices brought in. As it has in the past, Planned Parenthood continues to provide few alternatives to abortion. For every adoption referral made, it performed 138 abortions. The PPFA report reveals that the abortion business continues to sell the dangerous RU 486 abortion drug at a steady clip, despite the death of California teenager Holly Patterson, who obtained the abortion drug at a local Planned Parenthood office. The data shows 203 PPFA facilities sold more than 95,000 abortion pills. Some 49 Planned Parenthood offices that do not perform surgical abortions sell the drugs. Sedlak says Planned Parenthood continues to take in significant income from federal, state and local governments. Combined, tax dollars accounted for a record $265.2 million -- nearly 33 percent of its $810 million total income the supposedly non-profit group made. In fact, PPFA continues to make a profit, Sedlak explained. "For the 18th year in a row, Planned Parenthood turned a net profit. This year's $35.2 million brings its total profits over the 18 years to $538 million," he indicated. Meanwhile, private donations dropped for the second time in three years.”

They make a profit off of dead babies.

Your so out of it its funny. I am not talking about before abortion was made legal. They profit from abortion. They do not operate in the RED.

http://www.abort73.com/HTML/I-E-1-profit.html

“Those who defend abortion, arguing that it is good and necessary for a healthy society, are defending an institution which is making them very wealthy. On the flip side, those who defend unborn life, arguing that abortion is an act of violence against an innocent human being, do so at great financial cost. There is no pay-off on the pro-life side. All the efforts to educate people about the reality of abortion consume large amounts of money, and there is no billion dollar product to refill the coffer. Think about it. Those who support abortion the most are growing rich off its continued availability while those who oppose abortion the most are losing money for their efforts. Who, then, is more likely to be honest and forthright about the issue at hand? Who is more likely to be motivated by principle and who is more likely to be motivated by profit?”

PLANNED PARENTHOOD makes a profit of dead babies.

“Planned Parenthood Annual Report: More Abortions, More Profits
Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Planned Parenthood has released its annual report for 2003-2004. The information reveals that the nation's largest abortion business performed more abortions at fewer abortion facilities during the last year. The pro-abortion group also took in fewer private donations and more money from the government. According to Jim Sedlak, president of STOPP International, a watchdog group that monitors Planned Parenthood, the abortion business performed 244,628 abortions, an increase of 6.1 percent. It has performed more than 3.5 million abortions since 1970.Planned Parenthood Federation of America's (PPFA) annual report shows more than one-third of Planned Parenthood's annual income comes from abortions. Surgical abortions accounted for $104 million of the $302.6 million its offices brought in. As it has in the past, Planned Parenthood continues to provide few alternatives to abortion. For every adoption referral made, it performed 138 abortions. The PPFA report reveals that the abortion business continues to sell the dangerous RU 486 abortion drug at a steady clip, despite the death of California teenager Holly Patterson, who obtained the abortion drug at a local Planned Parenthood office. The data shows 203 PPFA facilities sold more than 95,000 abortion pills. Some 49 Planned Parenthood offices that do not perform surgical abortions sell the drugs. Sedlak says Planned Parenthood continues to take in significant income from federal, state and local governments. Combined, tax dollars accounted for a record $265.2 million -- nearly 33 percent of its $810 million total income the supposedly non-profit group made. In fact, PPFA continues to make a profit, Sedlak explained. "For the 18th year in a row, Planned Parenthood turned a net profit. This year's $35.2 million brings its total profits over the 18 years to $538 million," he indicated. Meanwhile, private donations dropped for the second time in three years.”

They make a profit off of dead babies.

Nothing you have posted proves PP makes a profit from abortion. You have posted the income from abortion, but nothing about the expenses. It is ridiculous to assert that PP or other abortion providers are in business for the profit, when anyone can see there is MORE MONEY in prenatal care and delivery of babies.

By providing safe, legal abortions, PP is keeping many women alive who would be killed or maimed by illegal abortions. Here are some stories from women who survived illegal abortions:

No Choice: Canadian Women Tell Their Stories of Illegal Abortion.

doughgirl, apparently you need a refresher course in the Law of Supply and Demand. "When there is more supply than demand, prices go down. When there is more demand than supply, prices go up." It's that simple, and it's also "inviolate", in that absolutely no culture anywhere has been able to violate that Law and survive the long term.

Now, the more people there are, the more demand there will be, for everything that people demand. This will tend to cause prices to go up, unless supply can be expanded to meet that demand.

Remember that the United States has about 5% of the world's population, and consumes 20% or more of the world's resources. If we think it is "right" for everyone to have a chance at a lifestyle like exists for average people in the U.S., then some simple math:
5*5%=25% and 5*20%=100% lets us know that at US consumption rates, 1/4 the population of the world would be consuming 100% of the world's resources, leaving nothing for 3/4 of the people of the world --unless global production of all resources is quadrupled.

That is physically impossible, to happen. (For example, world oil production is approximately right now at its maximum peak, and will forever begin to decrease Very Soon.)

The net effect is that since more resources cannot be had to fulfill the wants of more people, prices are going to go up.

Next, people pay for what they want by selling their labor. Increased numbers of people mean that there is increased numbers of laborers available. This means increased competition for jobs, and the net effect is that wages go down.

Does anyone profit in a world where prices go up and wages go down?
YES. The people who hire labor and sell goods profit, whenever prices rise faster than wages.

Those people know all about the Law of Supply and Demand. They know that if they can increase the numbers of people in the world, they will be increasing demand for goods (causing prices to rise) and increasing competition for labor (causing wages to go down, or at least not rise as fast as prices).

Those people who hire laborers and sell goods and know about the Law of Supply and Demand are very often categorized as "conservative businesspeople". And they tend to oppose abortion. Because they know they can profit by doing so. They don't care how many people are born, scrabbling to earn enough money to buy enough food to survive. All they care about is their profits.

Meanwhile, abortion doctors prevent such suffering. Yes, they kill. But they only kill mindless animals; they don't kill people. They don't cause people to suffer for decades, like supposedly "pro-life" business people hypocritically do. What kind of life is a life of suffering, again? Who deserves to be forced to live such a life? And why do YOU, doughgirl, think people should suffer so?

who really cares about abortionists making money? if i was desperate enough to need an abortion i wouldn't give a crap if it was free or cost £1000. I'd still get it done.

who really cares about abortionists making money? if i was desperate enough to need an abortion i wouldn't give a crap if it was free or cost £1000. I'd still get it done.

You mean WANT. There is a difference between need and want you know. :roll:

You mean WANT. There is a difference between need and want you know. :roll:

Not necessarily, there is such a thing as medical necessity. In any case, what business is it of yours?

Not necessarily, there is such a thing as medical necessity. In any case, what business is it of yours?

This entire forum is about opinion so I voice mine.

Like I said, it's all about choice. Some people want to keep an unwanted baby, some want to put it up for adoption and some want to abort it. Everyone is different and everyone deserves the ability to choose, based on their own circumstances, beliefs and conditions, which option they should take.

Why is that so hard for some people to get?

Plus its clear that you aren't just fighting for the right to abort for those in medical dire need.

And no not everyone gets a choice. A man with a penis doesn't get to nip his baby in the bud because it's unwanted. He either gets to be a father or a deadbeat.

And that is wrong, IMO.

Yeah cause the world would be such a better place for women and children if only it were perfectly acceptable for men to label their offspring as UNWANTED too. :roll:

Yeah cause the world would be such a better place for women and children if only it were perfectly acceptable for men to label their offspring as UNWANTED too. :roll:

Indeed. Perhaps even fewer women would have unwanted children, and fewer women would use children to force men to do things they don't want to do. It would most certainly be better.

^ like what?

and there is a very fine line between need and want. You can want something and need it. You could need an abrtion and not want it.

This entire forum is about opinion so I voice mine.

That doesn't answer the question though. No one asked about your ability to voice your opinion, I asked what business it is of yours that someone else has an abortion.

Plus its clear that you aren't just fighting for the right to abort for those in medical dire need.

I'm not fighting for the right for anyone to do anything, that right has already been granted whether you like it or not. I'm simply pointing out that you continue to whine about it.

And no not everyone gets a choice. A man with a penis doesn't get to nip his baby in the bud because it's unwanted. He either gets to be a father or a deadbeat.

That's true and is an unfortunate consequence of the current laws. There ought to be a way for a man to get rid of his paternal responsibilities just as there is for a woman. Everyone deserves a choice, you just want to take away choices.

Indeed. Perhaps even fewer women would have unwanted children, and fewer women would use children to force men to do things they don't want to do. It would most certainly be better.

In fact, maybe you wouldn't see so many single mothers if every child was actually WANTED by both parents.

But that's too easy, isn't it?

In fact, maybe you wouldn't see so many single mothers if every child was actually WANTED by both parents.

But that's too easy, isn't it?

I know, right.

WTF is up with people not wanting their own kids?

WTF is up with people not wanting their own kids?

Because they don't want kids at all. We've got a hedonistic society where the pursuit of pleasure without consequence is the norm and people are stupid enough to believe that they can go out and sleep around and have nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately, that's not the case and often, you do get transmission of disease and unwanted pregnancies to these irresponsible idiots. That's why abortion is so important, these people have no business breeding, they have already proven they can't be responsible for their own lives, how in the world can you expect that they'll be responsible for someone else's?

Back
Top Bottom