• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

WaPo: Two *Democrats* call for Obama not to seek re-election.

Harshaw

Filmmaker ● Lawyer ● Patriot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
They say it's for him to be more effective in THIS term.

Opinion | One and done: To be a great president, Obama should not seek reelection in 2012

This is a critical moment for the country. From the faltering economy to the burdensome deficit to our foreign policy struggles, America is suffering a widespread sense of crisis and anxiety about the future. Under these circumstances, Obama has the opportunity to seize the high ground and the imagination of the nation once again, and to galvanize the public for the hard decisions that must be made. The only way he can do so, though, is by putting national interests ahead of personal or political ones.

To that end, we believe Obama should announce immediately that he will not be a candidate for reelection in 2012.

If the president goes down the reelection road, we are guaranteed two years of political gridlock at a time when we can ill afford it. But by explicitly saying he will be a one-term president, Obama can deliver on his central campaign promise of 2008, draining the poison from our culture of polarization and ending the resentment and division that have eroded our national identity and common purpose.

The other guy I do not know, but Caddell has been very critical of Obama for more than the last year, often seeing him as blatantly inept politically. Obviously, I agree with Caddell and the article ................. but we can't even get Pelosi to WTFU and smell her dead roses. Hard to imagine Obammy doing it.

"The only way we can get along, is for to give us what we want then leave forever." Ridiculous argument.

It looks to me like the ComPost is looking for a way to get Hillary back in the game. The Clintons and the Democrats had a pretty messy divorce a couple of years ago, and it appears that WaPo wants a redo so they can become relevant again.

When Bob Shrum writes a piece like these two malcontents did, wake me up please.

This was my biggest concern when Obama was elected. People seemed to think that he could achieve the impossible during a time when the US was facing a *lot* of problems. From over here he doesn't seem to have done that poorly, he just hasn't managed to achieve everything.

Picture edited out --- G.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom