• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wal-Mart: Our shoppers are 'running out of money'

Walmart wants to blame the high price of gas on their shoppers running out of money. Did they also mention that their prices have been creeping up as their sales have dropped? Did they mention that Kroger has been beating them to Hell and back on grocery prices?

I haven't heard anything myself.

I'm not sorry at all that he's not for allowing people to vote on issues, and that he believes in a republican form of government.

Republic, not republican, there is a difference...:2wave:

You know, I think you have a point on the grocery prices, but it looks like Kroger is jumping, too. Last time I bought milk (end of April) it was .99 a gallon. I bought some Sunday night and it was 2.89 a gallon. Boxed mac n cheese was higher, too. Went from .89 to 1.39.

My daughter is very aware of prices at stores, especially in the intermountain western states, Utah, Idaho, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Idaho..... Her website is part couponing, part affiliate marketing, part money saving forum. When the economy takes a hit and people are looking to stretch their dollars, they look to her kind of website, thrift stores, dollar stores, where ever they have to look to live within their budget.
It is not unusual for prices to vary, and if one part of your budget goes up, another part may have to suffer. Hard times means less dining out, more eating at home.

today: new jobless claims up again to 424,000

seven weeks above 400K

four week average: 438.5

q1 gdp was 1.8%

U.S. Jobless Claims Unexpectedly Climbed Last Week - Bloomberg

this week, it's a lot of ex govt employees

expect that trend to continue and greatly increase

at the state level quinn and christie and cuomo and moonbeam and dozens of others are slashing

in the cities rahm the ram and bing and bobb in detroit are butchering

the austerities imposed by physics on just about every governing body except the us senate and the white house are gonna make for a very strong downward influence on general employment in the next 12 or so months

hang in

Last edited:
today:

Corporate profits fall, jobless claims up | Reuters

today:

Foreclosure sales slow, but remain very high - Business - Personal finance - Real estate - msnbc.com

hamp, anyone?

Yet the administration and demo hacks continue to tout the economy improving lie.

j-mac

Yet the administration and demo hacks continue to tout the economy improving lie.

j-mac

No, it is doing great... there are still people that are living in their homes. /sarcasm.

today:

Consumer confidence falls unexpectedly in May - Yahoo! Finance

Republic, not republican, there is a difference...:2wave:

Damn, someone call James Madison, there's been a huge ****up. :lol:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…