• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#97]Multiple people have been shot in Brooklyn subway station, FDNY says

NY, subway, Brooklyn, wearing a hoodie.....

Had to be Trump supporter--- probably came up from Florida. Who else does a thing like this? And NY subways are usually such safe places. Especilly in Brooklyn.

And you have never been in Brooklyn. You know nothing about Brooklyn and you could never afford to live in Brooklyn.

How is your wife doing?
She is fine. Just a little freaked out. There is a full on manhunt going on in our neighborhood right now.

This was basically what she told me she experienced this morning.

Patrick Berry, 41, said he was waiting at the 25th Street station, one stop north, when an R train arrived at around 8:30 a.m. He and his 3-year-old daughter boarded, but the train didn’t move.
“Then suddenly, from the front of the train, I heard people screaming, ‘Run, run, run! Go, go, go!’ And then all these people came sprinting past our car, and I just felt like, ‘Oh my god, this is a stampede,’” Mr. Berry said. “People started pushing out from behind. So I grabbed my daughter, and we ran too.”

Why do people feel that responses like this are appropriate?

I'll bet Zelensky is pissed. He will have to wait a day before he gets top coverage again.
I can't wait to hear him say for millionth time how he us fighting Russia to protect us and Nato .

I'll bet Zelensky is pissed. He will have to wait a day before he gets top coverage again.
I can't wait to hear him say for millionth time how he us fighting Russia to protect us and Nato .
Is there a conversation that is happening that no one else is having?

NY, subway, Brooklyn, wearing a hoodie.....

Had to be Trump supporter--- probably came up from Florida. Who else does a thing like this? And NY subways are usually such safe places. Especilly in Brooklyn.
You got emotional and you could not control yourself.

When there is lack of control ---> we tend to revert back to primal behavior.

Primal behavior in my view can be judging the world as 0 and 1. It does not take a lot of effort even though you blend it with irony.

Here's a list that has more choices:

a) White supremacy warfare or Gang Warfare depending on which side you are on.
b) Russian terrorism
c) Pro-Vax terrorism
d) Anti-Vax terrorism but they used the mask to hide their identity
e) Islamic terrorism
f) Lone-wolf (Incel, Repeat offender, Isolation at home, Mental Health Issues etc).
g) Anti-Technology followers of Ted Kaczynski, they were against the recent technological advancements in the subway.
h) Black Israeli group which is known for radicalism in New York
i) Hitman/Premeditated murder of one of the victims, (cleverly?) made to appear as a random victim of a mass shooter and/or terror attack.

She is fine. Just a little freaked out. There is a full on manhunt going on in our neighborhood right now.

This was basically what she told me she experienced this morning.

Geezus.

I'd be freaked out too. I hope she's okay.

Primal behavior in my view can be judging the world as 0 and 1. It does not take a lot of effort even though you blend it with irony.

b) Russian terrorism
c) Pro-Vax terrorism
e) Islamic terrorism
f) Lone-wolf (Incel, Repeat offender, Isolation at home, Mental Health Issues etc).
g) Anti-Technology followers of Ted Kaczynski, they were against the recent technological advancements in the subway.
i) Hitman/Premeditated murder of one of the victims, (cleverly?) made to appear as a random victim of a mass shooter and/or terror attack.
I bet it will be f.

b) Russian terrorism
c) Pro-Vax terrorism
e) Islamic terrorism
You are right. I spoke too soon. Being it is in NYC, I should have assumed automatically that it was possibly an Orthodox Jewish man and not a Trump supporter from Florida--- just based on the demographics.

You are right. I spoke too soon. Being it is in NYC, I should have assumed automatically that it was possibly an Orthodox Jewish man and not a Trump supporter from Florida--- just based on the demographics.
What if an individual lost his job due to Covid-19 and the isolation got to him at home. It is proven through research that if you isolate yourself -> is as solitary confinement in prison ---> it goes to your head.

Paranoia can lead to such actions. Paranoia has nothing to do with race and political orientation.

You know nothing of the demographics of where this took place.

And you have never been in Brooklyn. You know nothing about Brooklyn and you could never afford to live in Brooklyn.
LOL.....

Oh, I've been there, I just would never want to live there. I also would not want to live in Beirut or Mogadishu.

Guns.

Again.

Once again our gun laws and their level of enforcement were unable to prevent these shootings.

On average, one person dies of gunshot every half hour in the United States of America.

Guns.

Again.

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n un-shot.
I was waiting to see which anti gun poster would try to whine about guns. NYC has had close to a 100 years of restrictive gun laws. How many people actually think someone who goes to this length to cause terror is going to be deterred by feel good democrat gun laws?

LOL.....

Oh, I've been there, I just would never want to live there. I also would not want to live in Beirut or Mogadishu.
No you haven't. You can not even afford to visit the borough.

I was waiting to see which anti gun poster would try to whine about guns. NYC has had close to a 100 years of restrictive gun laws. How many people actually think someone who goes to this length to cause terror is going to be deterred by feel good democrat gun laws?

Local gun laws are meaningless . Only national legislation is effective.

What if an individual lost his job due to Covid-19 and the isolation got to him at home. It is proven through research that if you isolate yourself -> is as solitary confinement in prison ---> it goes to your head.

Paranoia can lead to such actions. Paranoia has nothing to do with race and political orientation.
So then excuse a criminal because he is having a bad day?

What is your point?

"But guns are fun and they're our God-given right."

So then excuse a criminal because he is having a bad day?

What is your point?
Your missing the point. I was just showing you how superficial your argument is. Like 0 and 1. Trump vs non Trump world.

My point is that it can be numerous things/causes.

And it does not excuse any behavior, I did not say that, you made that up. Justice will be served accordingly.

Orthodox Jews in NYC don't go on rampages

Back
Top Bottom