• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:778] (Bloomberg Law) Trump Bond Reduced to $175 Million as He Appeals NY Fine

Interesting that you believe that not properly citing credit for the source of statements from a college law review is equivalent to the crimes committed by “the great Alphonse Capone, Al Capone, great, great head of the mafia.”

It seems that you have a lack of perspective.
I agree. Joe graduated to millions in bribes from China.

So maybe this has been brought up. I've done some searching and pretty much there is just discussion on the fact that now Trump can pay $175 million (within 10 days) heading into the appeal but is the interest still adding to the $454 (well it's $468 now) up until he pays the $175?

Why is this a big revelation for you? :rolleyes:

I don’t care what platforms he supports I don’t want someone with zero integrity as my President

Well then, why in God's name are you voting for the Big Guy?

He's fuming because the entire bond wasn't removed, he's still on the hook for the entire $454 if he loses the appeal and he also was told (in another court) that his Hush Money trial will be starting next month.

Right, exactly...that's why I was a bit mystified by the whole "this is a great victory for Trump" thing. Even Trump is quite obviously mystified by the whole "this is a great victory for Trump" thing, LOL.

You think borrowers are all the same? Their rates are baked into the banking systems.
Your statement is correct!

What you don’t seem to understand is that those like Trump that cheat get a better rate than they would have qualified for if they had not submitted fraudulent information to get their loan. That results on average in banks having more losses for these cheaters than the information they supplied would indicate and those additional losses are of course transferred to everyone else.

Just because a cheater happened to pay off specific loans doesn’t mean that there should be no punishment for cheating. If everyone cheated then the way you describe the system should work in your reply above would never actually work because all borrowers WOULD be the same. They would all be very low risk.

There will be some that say the banks should do their due diligence and certainly they do what they can. However, it is not always feasible to identify all the cheaters especially when their finances are complex and complete investigations might take months or even years meanwhile the loan is needed right away or the deal will fall through.

Bottom line is that it is incumbent on borrowers to submit factual information for the system to work. If all borrowers cheated the system would fall apart because the lenders due diligence costs would skyrocket and loan approval lead times would be prohibitive. If we don’t keep people from cheating then we are all in trouble.

I agree. Joe graduated to millions in bribes from China.
Why is it that your replies rarely make any sense relative to the prior comments in the thread?

Why is it that your replies rarely make any sense relative to the prior comments in the thread?
Perhaps because they refer to The President. He's not making much sense.

You obviously didn't watch the congressional hearing.
Link from a reliable source please or admit you made it up.
No response to my question=an admission that you made it up

Link from a reliable source please or admit you made it up.
No response to my question=an admission that you made it up
Did you watch the congressional hearing?

You think borrowers are all the same? Their rates are baked into the banking systems.
It’s a crime to knowingly provide false information on a loan application.
That is a matter of fact.
It’s also a matter of fact that the jackass knowingly provided false information on a loan document.
That makes it a fact that he’s a fraudster, found liable in a court of law.
Why is this so difficult for MAGATS to understand?
You commit a crime, you get caught, you get to suffer the consequences. That means me, you, and the scumbag one term mistake.

Hmm. Trump gets special treatment, just like he has his entire life. At some point, this is going to end. The shock could be fatal.
That old saying comes to mind, "as sure as death and taxes."

Well apparently the taxes part doesn't apply if you can finagle the system just enough or lie about the value of your stuff...

But I don't think we've found away to avoid the death part.

Hmm. Trump gets special treatment, just like he has his entire life. At some point, this is going to end. The shock could be fatal.
We can hope
The world would be a much better place without him in it

Back
Top Bottom