• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#7426]How will Brexit go?***W:46]***

How will Brexit go?

• Total voters
Brexit, now being used as a yardstick of poor decision making

Only by the Tory hating, Brexit hating, left-wing Guardian.

The British newspaper with the greatest decrease in circulation over the past couple of years.

Does anyone read it other than Remoaners pathetically trolling for something to blame on Brexit?

Brexit meant we had the best vaccine roll out in Europe.

Very true, but I think the UK and other nations, like Australia, should be doing more to help Europeans who are suffering from the disastrous vaccine rollout by the incompetent EU administrators.

My GP has sent me an e mail informing me that I can come in for a vaccination...... yet we have not a single person with Covid in Western Australia.

"Coiled spring’: The UK’s economic surge has taken the world by surprise"

"Two cheers for the British Wirtschaftswunder. It may not be an economic miracle, but the accelerating recovery now under way is a breathtaking turn of fortunes for the much denigrated Brexit economy."

"The UK will probably regain pre-COVID levels of output before the eurozone, perhaps by Christmas. By the end of next year it may even have recouped the entire cross-Channel gap in growth since the referendum."

Well cut me down and call me shorty!😄

Even the Guardian can no longer deny what everyone (except the usual bunch of bitter Remainers) attempt to deny :

"UK economy bouncing back stronger than expected"

Anyone remember all the prophecies of economic doom by Remainers prior to Brexit?

They just seem oh so pathetically misguided and bigoted now.

I thought it interesting to note where the massive move to the UK of EU finance houses originates from :

"1,476 EU-based companies had applied...... 83 per cent of these applications were from firms without existing offices in the UK."

"The highest number of applications came from financial sector companies in Ireland (230), followed by France (186), Germany (168), Cyprus (151), the Netherlands (106) and Luxembourg (101)."

"Since many of these European firms will be opening offices for the first time, this is good news for UK professional advice firms across multiple industries including lawyers, accountants, consultants and recruiters. Business from these firms should provide a welcome boost to the service sector – the powerhouse of the UK economy.

"Taking back control" has cost Britain more than our entire contributions to the EU in the first 100 days of "freedumb"

Very true, but I think the UK and other nations, like Australia, should be doing more to help Europeans who are suffering from the disastrous vaccine rollout by the incompetent EU administrators.

My GP has sent me an e mail informing me that I can come in for a vaccination...... yet we have not a single person with Covid in Western Australia.
Think the EU rollout is bad, check out Japan:

India had more than 0.25 million new cases YESTERDAY alone, but they're still not on the UK airport red list, and hundreds of passengers from there pass though Heathrow every day. It's almost like the government doesn't give a shit about us. Still they make most of our vaccines cheap....

OK.

Japan has a much larger population than countries like Italy (429 new deaths), France (331 new deaths) and Germany (222 new deaths) but has had only 46 new deaths.

The chaotic and incompetent EU has much to answer for.

"Taking back control" has cost Britain more than our entire contributions to the EU in the first 100 days of "freedumb"

Er, I guess you are ignorant of the fact that the CER is blatantly pro-European.....as evidenced by it's own website....."CER is pro-European".

You may also be ignorant of the fact that the "loss in trade" figure is a gross amount and not a nett figure. Also, I would remind you that all European nations have suffered a decrease in trade due to Covid.

India had more than 0.25 million new cases YESTERDAY alone, but they're still not on the UK airport red list, and hundreds of passengers from there pass though Heathrow every day. It's almost like the government doesn't give a shit about us. Still they make most of our vaccines cheap....
But they're passing through very slowly, which is so much safer.

But they're passing through very slowly, which is so much safer.

Er, why not read the link before posting?

The slow down is due to Covid......"Heathrow has said that long queues caused by extensive Covid checks at the airport are becoming "untenable"."

Italy (429 new deaths), France (331 new deaths) and Germany (222 new deaths) but has had only 46 new deaths.

The UK had only TEN Covid deaths on 18 April 2021.

I'd rather hear what some of the worlds top accountants have to say about the British economy than thumb sucks from anti-Brexit websites like the New Financial :

"UK could be the fastest growing G7 economy up to 2050, with average annual growth of 1.9%"

"EU27’s share of world GDP could fall below 10% by 2050 - France out of the top-10 and Italy out of top 20"

Er, why not read the link before posting?

The slow down is due to Covid......"Heathrow has said that long queues caused by extensive Covid checks at the airport are becoming "untenable"."

Italy (429 new deaths), France (331 new deaths) and Germany (222 new deaths) but has had only 46 new deaths.

The UK had only TEN Covid deaths on 18 April 2021.
That's great news that Heathrow has had fewer new deaths than Germany.

Not only the pound but the share market too and property prices too.

The world needs Brexit more than Brexit needs the world so let's just insult everybody.

Perhaps you have some vague idea that your 'comment' means something. 'Let's' is a contraction of 'let us'; so why do you wish to insult everyone?

Perhaps you have some vague idea that your 'comment' means something. 'Let's' is a contraction of 'let us'; so why do you wish to insult everyone?
Us in the UK as represented by our 'government' but thank's for being on the case mr grammer police

Back
Top Bottom