• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W;622]Please... Be honest. Do you really think a second impeachment is good for the country?

Already gave my reasons for why I believe this impeachment is bad for the country.
Nope, he won't get to walk off scot free, and I've already given my reasons for saying that, but an impeachment without a conviction doesn't mean a hill of beans. But go ahead, Democrats bring the country down trying to convict him. The country should move on, and deal with the pandemic. Congress has divided this country for the last four years, and by the looks of it, they just don't give a damn and are going to keep it going in Biden's term. They're not the brightest bulbs.

Since when is justice bad for the country?

What's your point in this entire exercise, you say you're off the Trump train but still here falling on your sword of self victimization for him at every opportunity.
Regardless of the train that Trix is on, it's clearly heading around the bend.

Trump absolutely tried to kill Pence. He riled the crowd and set them on their way to hang the guy.
Such nonsense. It's creating those crap stories that have gotten us to the point we are in. The Big Lie, the democrats have mastered it and the minorities they prey on are believing it. Wake up. You are the victim because you let the democrats tell you that and that you cannot rise above unless they do it for you.

Since when is justice bad for the country?

Review my posts on the thread. Review some of my threads since the election...
Some are under the impression that congress's impeachment happy kangaroo court is justice. That's not justice nor is it good for the country. Hence, the premise of this thread and why I asked the question in the O/P..

Such nonsense. It's creating those crap stories that have gotten us to the point we are in. The Big Lie, the democrats have mastered it and the minorities they prey on are believing it. Wake up. You are the victim because you let the democrats tell you that and that you cannot rise above unless they do it for you.

Trump hate drives the SJW's to continue repeating the false narrative.
IF VP Pence thought Trump was trying to kill him, don't think the former would have invoked the 25th?

Instead,... they keep creating the fake outrage thinking someone's buying it. Lol!

Last edited:
Already gave my reasons for why I believe this impeachment is bad for the country.
Nope, he won't get to walk off scot free, and I've already given my reasons for saying that, but an impeachment without a conviction doesn't mean a hill of beans. But go ahead, Democrats bring the country down trying to convict him. The country should move on, and deal with the pandemic. Congress has divided this country for the last four years, and by the looks of it, they just don't give a damn and are going to keep it going in Biden's term. They're not the brightest bulbs.
Trix, no impeachment yet has EVER led to a conviction. Not one. Maybe no President has ever committed a high enough crime or misdemeanor to get their own party to agree to losing the President's seat. I wouldn't bet the farm on the outcome of this one, though. His 'removal' was already accomplished by the election. The charges of incitement to insurrection look really bad on the books, and you've got corporate America closing their wallets to anyone who supported Trump's electoral nonsense.

Sorry, it's what happened. Your big orange smear is a traitor and he most definitely attempted to have Pence - and a lot of legislators - killed.

Review my posts on the thread. Review some of my threads since the election...
Some are under the impression that congress's impeachment happy kangaroo court is justice. That's not justice nor is it good for the country. Hence, the premise of this thread and why I asked the question in the O/P..

I've seen your posts on the subject. They are a pile of denial and special pleading.

Trump is going down.

Why hold an impeachment trial for Trump after he leaves office? Some argue to teach a lesson to future Presidents. That argument is spurious at best as well as illogical if for no other reason than Trump is an aberration.

There is only one reason to try Trump in the Senate after Jan. 20. Upon conviction, the Senate in a separate vote can bar Trump from running for office. Many deem that unnecessary. Trump has already done that to himself.

However, in this case that purpose may be based on a false premise.

Allow me to explain. In politics, as well as in life, one encounters the future by weighing the odds. In a Senate trial of a Republican President it is extremely unlikely that there will be a conviction since 17 Republicans would have to vote with the Democrats. It is extremely likely that a Senate trial lasting for weeks will be a complete waste of time.

Biden needs to get his cabinet certified ASAP. Another 965,000 Americans filed for unemployment for the first time last week. The pandemic is setting records for new deaths, cases, and hospitalizations. The pandemic and the economy is at its worst right now.

The Senate is split right down the middle, 50/50. Biden needs the cooperation of those 50 Republicans to accomplish his tasks.

What are the odds of Republicans cooperating with a Democratic President while the Democrats are trying to convict Trump of "Incitement of Insurrection?"

The answer: slim and none.

In all likelihood Trump will be indicted for any number of crimes ranging from sedition to tax fraud.

What would it cost for the House to hold onto the Articles of Impeachment for a hundred days or forget the trial entirely and be satisfied the incompetent President was impeached twice?

What are the odds of that happening? Slim and none, common sense and politicians are terms that don't belong in the same paragraph.

Let’s see this “evidence”, cite some examples of “Stoking the flames”? Any outbrakes of violence at any Trump rallies. Any outrbrakes of “peaceful protests” during the summer-long BLM/antifa national tour? Any Dem politicians ever definitively denounce the BLM/antifa campaign trails as Trump denounced the Capitol uprising.

Stand back and stand bye. You'll see plenty of evidence at the Senate hearing.

He's a gaslighter for a reason, his followers are easy to fool and he can tell them anything, they'll faithfully believe him. Sad and pathetic really.
Lol it was your side that has been fooled by every phony story thats come along over the last 4 years, not least of which is the collusion hoax. Not only did you get suckered by that, you are still being suckered by it. Yet here you pretending you are too bright to be fooled. Now thats funny.

You're really going with your own idea of common sense as evidence?

This isn't red China, ya know.
We live in a country where we need to prove his words caused the insurrection.

You don't think anything Trump has said the last few months has created this environment? Isn't this why you got off the train? They said Trump was shocked that no one else was as excited as he was watching the insurrection on TV. He threw Pence under the bus in a tweet while it was going on and then we heard a group calling to hang Mike Pence. I think your jaw is gonna drop during the trial when it all comes out.

Trump hate drives the SJW's to continue repeating the false narrative.
IF VP Pence thought Trump was trying to kill him, don't think the former would have invoked the 25th?

Instead,... they keep creating the fake outrage thinking someone's buying it. Lol!

Many Republicans are refusing to come out against Trump because they fear he'll have their family killed.

Stand back and stand bye. You'll see plenty of evidence at the Senate hearing.
Nice deflection. The House is sending Impeachment managers with zero evidence or testimony. Should be a short presentation, IF it ever happens.

Nice deflection. The House is sending Impeachment managers with zero evidence or testimony. Should be a short presentation, IF it ever happens.

The fact that the Impeachment was bipartisan is an indication that this thing has legs. If Republicans didn't fear violent revenge from Trump and his supporters they would almost all come out against him.

Lol it was your side that has been fooled by every phony story thats come along over the last 4 years, not least of which is the collusion hoax. Not only did you get suckered by that, you are still being suckered by it. Yet here you pretending you are too bright to be fooled. Now thats funny.
Stay in your bubble, whatever makes you happy in your world.

Many Republicans are refusing to come out against Trump because they fear he'll have their family killed.
Strange that Trump Party loyalists and sycophants are afraid of their own king. 🤣 They all need a boogeyman to fear, even if it's an orange booger.

Well, that is sort of true. There is an extreme rightwing that is involved in and which contemplates political violence as a tactic. But so is there an extreme leftwing with similar orientation.

The violence of the leftwing we know a great deal more about because in the Postwar it is left-groups that have been (most) active.

But there is also what I think you would refer to as an 'extreme right wing' that does not engage in nor contemplate political violence.

And are there fine people on both sides? Maybe there is a Dissident Left that presents only the truth and is moral and right. Why don't you study them more closely to understand the intellectual depth and philosophical foundations of their ideas?

And are there fine people on both sides? Maybe there is a Dissident Left that presents only the truth and is moral and right. Why don't you study them more closely to understand the intellectual depth and philosophical foundations of their ideas?
Of course there are *fine people* on all sides. That's an easy one.

Why don't I study them? What would you consider as acceptable proof that I had? I have read tons of Left-Progressive material. Without exaggeration I have read 8 Chomsky titles. Year 501: The Conquest Continues; On Power & Ideology: The Managua Lectures; The New Mandarins; Deterring Democracy; What Uncle Sam Really Wants among others. It was with Left-Progressive material that I began. I am also familiar with Adorno and Horkheimer though I find them tedious, as well as Howard Zinn, numerous feminist writers, and at least a bit of Gramsci. Latin Americans generally speaking are infused from pre-birth with Left-laden ideology. What other doctrines can protect one from the incursions of the powerful?

The Dissident Left has some very respectable people but the idea-base in some areas is questionable. Yet it has an internal logic.

In my case you read certain things I have written or ideas that concern me and you pigeonhole me on that basis.

Back
Top Bottom