• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 418] What all atheists believe

Re: What all atheists believe

We're way past that Frank, I've already refuted your argument in a number of ways, and shown where your definition leads.

You haven't been able to refute it, and refuse to answer simple, direct questions. You're not debating, therefore I accept your forfeiture.

Note: When I claim you're running from a direct question, that's not an insult, that's reality. You have avoided that simple question three times, own it Frank.
Your position is so weak (not an insult, a fact), that you neither refute my refutations, nor answer simple questions.
Instead, you claim I'm insulting you, and then you repeat your position.

That's forfeiture, by any other name.

I am not forfeiting anything here.

I stand by every word I have written.

If you want to discuss any of my comments...quote the comment; tell me why you think it erroneous...and we can discuss it.

What all atheists believe.....

Too convoluted to be comprehensible IMHO. In short, to say "all XXX believe", regardless of who it is about, is to seriously misunderstand the variety of beliefs by human beings. I've seen atheists who believe "when you're dead, you're dead" to pantheists. Some even claim Buddhists are atheists. Same goes for Christians or other beliefs. There's a reason why there are over 2000 different Christian denominations all based upon the same book.

You claimed I would not be able to say I made a mistake.

I just gave you two instance where I actually have done so.

Therefore, you are mistaken.

Let me see you acknowledge that I was right...you wrong...and offer an apology.

You offer two out of how many errors (lies) that you admit to. Many beside me have called you out on y our pattern of falsehoods yet you continue to insist that you never lie.

For that you deserve no apology, merely condemnation.

I am not forfeiting anything here.

I stand by every word I have written.

If you want to discuss any of my comments...quote the comment; tell me why you think it erroneous...and we can discuss it.

Never admit the truth is your style. You pretend to have no weakness. A direct contradiction of yur claims.

And it is very Trump like behaviour. In fact, if Trump were an agnostic, I suspect that that is exactly what he would look like.

In other words, you have no facts to back up your claims, proving your claims to be false and allowing your personal politics to sway what you are claiming.

Never admit the truth is your style. You pretend to have no weakness. A direct contradiction of yur claims.

Obviously you are not interested in discussion...or in truth. Just this constant disparagement.

You go on IGNORE immediately after I post this. Have a good life.

Obviously you are not interested in discussion...or in truth. Just this constant disparagement.

You go on IGNORE immediately after I post this. Have a good life.

A statement from one who practices what he accuses others of, constantly.

If I made your ignore list, it is a proud accomplishment and what took you so long? Finally figured out that you were losing in the conversation?

A statement from one who practices what he accuses others of, constantly.

If I made your ignore list, it is a proud accomplishment and what took you so long? Finally figured out that you were losing in the conversation?

Beat ya to it ;)

Is Frank still saying goodbye?

Seems to be his habit when he is challenged and losing in the conversation.

He will do what he always does and exactly what all religious apologists do; pop up in a couple of days and repeat the same old PRATTs like they were never refuted. It's a classic behaviour pattern, seen it hundreds of times.

He will do what he always does and exactly what all religious apologists do; pop up in a couple of days and repeat the same old PRATTs like they were never refuted. It's a classic behaviour pattern, seen it hundreds of times.
The m.o. of religious bigots being by contrast exactly what? hit-and-run trolling? defamation of character? calumniating circle jerks? What is religious bigots' "classic behaviour pattern, seen...hundreds of times" in our forum alone? Inquiring minds want to know.

Doesn't iot justify everything that you thought about this person?

In my very first interaction with him I thought he was going to be reasonable, he quickly disabused me of any such fanciful notions.

And it never ceases to be amusing.

In my very first interaction with him I thought he was going to be reasonable, he quickly disabused me of any such fanciful notions.

So did I, but later on had to list that belief as a major mistake and then he vanished. So typical.

The m.o. of religious bigots being by contrast exactly what? hit-and-run trolling? defamation of character? calumniating circle jerks? What is religious bigots' "classic behaviour pattern, seen...hundreds of times" in our forum alone? Inquiring minds want to know.

You won't get an answer anytime soon...they've hit and run again...:2razz:

Inquiring minds want to know; is a religious bigot just some poster that doesn't agree with you.

You won't get an answer anytime soon...they've hit and run again...:2razz:

Actually, reported him for profanity and insults. Everyone else gets infracted as should he.

Frank, the hit and run one-trick pony.

Too convoluted to be comprehensible IMHO. In short, to say "all XXX believe", regardless of who it is about, is to seriously misunderstand the variety of beliefs by human beings. I've seen atheists who believe "when you're dead, you're dead" to pantheists. Some even claim Buddhists are atheists. Same goes for Christians or other beliefs. There's a reason why there are over 2000 different Christian denominations all based upon the same book.

There are authorities on such matters.
This is about the meaning of words.

You are free to call a dog a lion, and horse a duck.
Expect others to disagree with you.

The word "atheist" is about beliefs, and/or knowledge.
That is the business of philosophy.
The experts in philosophy say agnostics are not atheists. The beliefs are mutually exclusive. One can not have the belief there is no god, and at the same time, say they are undecided about the existence of god.
Mutually exclusive groups, according to the people who get paid for defining certain words.

Your acceptance of their facts, is inconsequential.

There are authorities on such matters.
This is about the meaning of words.

You are free to call a dog a lion, and horse a duck.
Expect others to disagree with you.

The word "atheist" is about beliefs, and/or knowledge.
That is the business of philosophy.
The experts in philosophy say agnostics are not atheists. The beliefs are mutually exclusive. One can not have the belief there is no god, and at the same time, say they are undecided about the existence of god.
Mutually exclusive groups, according to the people who get paid for defining certain words.

Your acceptance of their facts, is inconsequential.

Agreed, as are you.

What facts do you believe exist in a philosophical discussion much less one dealing with beliefs about the cause of the Big Bang, etc.

Agreed, as are you.

What facts do you believe exist in a philosophical discussion much less one dealing with beliefs about the cause of the Big Bang, etc.

That accepted professional language puts certain meaning to certain words.
In particular, there is widespread acceptance among professionals that agnostics are not atheists.
That is factual information.

That accepted professional language puts certain meaning to certain words.
In particular, there is widespread acceptance among professionals that agnostics are not atheists.
That is factual information.

Agreed. So what, specifically, is your point to me?

Back
Top Bottom