• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W: 418] What all atheists believe

Re: What all atheists believe

That is true. If a person is silly enough to fall into that trap then they deserve what they get.

However it is usually only theists who say atheists believe there is no god. That is because they lack any means to justify their own beliefs and so attempt instead to drag atheists to their level by falsely claiming atheism is a belief.

There is also the problem as i explained to the OP of this thread. Belief for a theist is based on nothing but faith. They then turn this around for atheists by saying a lack of belief is still a belief and like them must be based on faith. This is untrue. Where as a theist belief is based on faith alone an atheists lack of belief is based on the good reason that no evidence or good reason has ever been produced for a god.

I can quite easily say that there is no god because lacking evidence or good reason means that this god is only a work of fiction.

I appreciate your comments, but I will confine myself to the people who claim or assert "there are no gods."

The people who claim or assert "there are no gods"...are doing "believing"...as in "I believe there is a God."

That is all one can do on the question of, "Are there any gods involved in the Reality of existence.

One can make a guess...and then disguise the fact that it is a guess by calling it a "belief."

No, the labels count. Otherwise we just end up playing the theists cheating game of make **** up and demand we believe it.

And again, its theists who demand that atheists are saying, "I believe there are no gods". Atheists are usually have a better understanding of what they are saying and do not fall into that dishonest trap of theists.

Some people who use the designator "atheists" DO SAY OR ASSERT THAT THERE ARE NO GODS.

Now...I am not saying that every person who uses the designation "atheist" does that...says or asserts that there are no gods. SOME DO NOT DO THAT.

Some do not say or assert there are no gods.

But my guess is that damn near everyone who uses the designation "atheist" either guesses there are no gods...or guesses that it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one god.

Of the people with whom I have had extended discussions on this topic (so far)...WHO DESIGNATE THEMSELVES ATHEISTS...100% have ultimately acknowledged that they either "believe" there are no gods; suppose there are no gods; or "believe" or suppose it is more likely there are no gods.

If you have a problem with that or negative considerations about it...let's discuss it more thoroughly.

Somehow you just don't understand,
All you are doing is playing with words.

An atheist is someone who does not believe in a God.

Now you can use whatever words you like, to re-write that into whatever you like,
but it does not change the meaning, unless you manipulate the words.

If a person "Believes " they will stop at the store before dinner, that expresses a belief.
anything can be a "Belief" if it is used in that context
That does not make it religious.

I am not playing with words...and I stand by everything I have written here.

I am not playing with words...and I stand by everything I have written here.

I believe you believe what you have written you just cant back it up

Thats is a lie

That is not a lie.

That is your belief an incorrect beleif

It is not a "belief." I do not do "believing."

And I consider it to be correct.

You havent but if you believe you have that is another incorrect belief on your part (you believe a lot of things)

I have supported it...and you definitely are out of control.

Get back under control. Let's discuss the issues...not call people liars.

I acknowledge that you have a lot of erroneous beliefs

As I said, you are out of control. If you cannot engage in a discussion of this depth...stay out of it.

another erroneous belief as logic prives you wrong

The logic is unassailable. Get under control and we can discuss it.

I believe you believe what you have written you just cant back it up

I do not care what you guess. I am NOT playing with words...and I DO stand by everything I have said here.

That is not a lie.

It is not a "belief." I do not do "believing."

And I consider it to be correct.

I have supported it...and you definitely are out of control.

Get back under control. Let's discuss the issues...not call people liars.

As I said, you are out of control. If you cannot engage in a discussion of this depth...stay out of it.

The logic is unassailable. Get under control and we can discuss it.
Keep believing whatever falsehoods you want Frank but dont expect anyone with even half a brain to believe them as well

I do not care what you guess. I am NOT playing with words...and I DO stand by everything I have said here.

Stand by your erroneous beliefs all you want what you have not and cannot is actually back them up.

Stand by your erroneous beliefs all you want what you have not and cannot is actually back them up.

I do not do "believing."

If I suppose something...I say I suppose it; if I guess something...I say I guess it; if I estimate something...I say I estimate it.

Anyway...you have become both boring and boorish. An unfortunate combination.

Gotta put you on my IGNORE list.

Have a pleasant life.

He is entitled to his beliefs.

He is even entitled to believe his beliefs are not beliefs which is rather unbelievable

I do not do "believing."

If I suppose something...I say I suppose it; if I guess something...I say I guess it; if I estimate something...I say I estimate it.

Anyway...you have become both boring and boorish. An unfortunate combination.

Gotta put you on my IGNORE list.

Have a pleasant life.
Can you just ignore DP because it was a better place before you came back here with your illogical beliefs that you believe are not beliefs and are demonstrably false

Try dealing with the truth, Quag.

If a thing has not been established as impossible...it is POSSIBLE.

That is a look at the meaning of the words.

You are going to insist...and I will enjoy you insisting...and just continue to point out that you are wrong.

You are attacking the analogy rather than addressing the point being made with the analogy.

Address the point.

You are attacking the analogy rather than addressing the point being made with the analogy.

Address the point.

I addressed the point, William.

If you would like to make "the point" again in your words, I will address it to you.

If you would like to make "the point" again in your words, I will address it to you.

No you will sidestep again
Still waiting for you to actually try to support your claim

waiting....
waiting...……
waiting...………
Yeah I know you never will because you cannot

Address the point Frank and stop side stepping by attacking the analogy itself; doing that is really cheap and dishonest.

No you will sidestep again
Still waiting for you to actually try to support your claim

waiting....
waiting...……
waiting...………
Yeah I know you never will because you cannot

I don't usually observe this level of dishonesty outside the ranks of the fundamentalist theists; which says a lot for 'agnostic extremism'.

I don't usually observe this level of dishonesty outside the ranks of the fundamentalist theists; which says a lot for 'agnostic extremism'.

It is rather interesting that with Angel we have an extremist theist with Frank we have am extremist agnostic. Both make silly "arguments" that abuse logic and play with words. Both also rail against the extremist atheist but I have yet to see an extremist atheist on this board. Though I suspect if we ever get one they will suffer from the same failings as the problem appears to be extremism

Address the point Frank and stop side stepping by attacking the analogy itself; doing that is really cheap and dishonest.

I did "address the point", William.

If you would like to make "the point" again...do so.

We can talk about it.

Do you even know why "the point" is being made?

better yet have him try to actually defend his false claim, something he knows he cannot do

We can talk about it.

You are being dishonest again Frank

We can talk about it.

Stop attacking the analogy and address the point Frank.

This is almost exactly the same point that you stalled last time before you left; obviously, being away has not given you enough time to think about it.

Stop attacking the analogy and address the point Frank.

This is almost exactly the same point that you stalled last time before you left; obviously, being away has not given you enough time to think about it.

I have addressed "the point" and blown the doors off the objections.

If you want to make the point again...without any analogies...do so and we can discuss it.

We could have fun doing it.

I have addressed "the point" and blown the doors off the objections.

Not only an outright LIE but an absurd one at that.
Why are you so dishonest Frank I mean really why come to this forum only tp spread falsehoods?

Back
Top Bottom