• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:411]Former Police Officer Breaks Down Ahmaud Arbery's Case After New Video Emerges

Condor060

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Well it seems the medias play on how a black jogger was gunned down by white supremacist is just another fake news claim.

Arbery was not jogging through a neighborhood. He was going through unoccupied houses. What the media didn't plan on was the unoccupied houses had video surveillance as well as the surrounding properties. The media also decided not to include Arbery's criminal past.

Arbery, whose story has sent a flurry of shock around the nation, was shot and killed Feb. 23 about two miles from his home in a neighborhood outside Brunswick, Georgia. Two men, a father and son, were arrested May 7 on murder and aggravated assault charges, but not until after the incident had gained wide attention and criticism on social media.

Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis, 34, were arrested Thursday.

What was not brought fourth from the media was the McMichael's called 911 before confronting Arbery. They were parked up the road to stop Arbery from leaving the neighborhood. Travis was outside of the truck holding a shotgun.

Arbery ran around the truck and attacked Travis McMichael in which Arbery was killed in the conflict.

Not quite the story the media portrayed even when they new this information up front and most likely the reason the two men were never charged prior to the social meida outcries.

Former Police Officer Breaks Down Ahmaud Arbery's Case After New Surveillance Footage Shows Him In Neighbor's Garage! (Believes Shooters Will Be Free) | Video

World Star Hip Hop?

Funny. I saw video of him jogging. I also know the shooter said he saw him running through the neighborhood.

So let's say he walked up to a "legit house" and walks into the empty house. If I see someone doing that in my neighborhood, I can shoot and kill the person?

Well it seems the medias play on how a black jogger was gunned down by white supremacist is just another fake news claim.

Arbery was not jogging through a neighborhood. He was going through unoccupied houses. What the media didn't plan on was the unoccupied houses had video surveillance as well as the surrounding properties. The media also decided not to include Arbery's criminal past.

Arbery, whose story has sent a flurry of shock around the nation, was shot and killed Feb. 23 about two miles from his home in a neighborhood outside Brunswick, Georgia. Two men, a father and son, were arrested May 7 on murder and aggravated assault charges, but not until after the incident had gained wide attention and criticism on social media.

What was not brought fourth from the media was the McMichael's called 911 before confronting Arbery. They were parked up the road to stop Arbery from leaving the neighborhood. Travis was outside of the truck holding a shotgun.

Arbery ran around the truck and attacked Travis McMichael in which Arbery was killed in the conflict.

Not quite the story the media portrayed even when they new this information up front and most likely the reason the two men were never charged prior to the social meida outcries.

Former Police Officer Breaks Down Ahmaud Arbery's Case After New Surveillance Footage Shows Him In Neighbor's Garage! (Believes Shooters Will Be Free) | Video
The killers' vigilantism ended in an unarmed man getting shot to death. The gunmen's activity should be illegal.

So, in Condor World, trespass=death sentence?

World Star Hip Hop?

Funny. I saw video of him jogging. I also know the shooter said he saw him running through the neighborhood.

So let's say he walked up to a "legit house" and walks into the empty house. If I see someone doing that in my neighborhood, I can shoot and kill the person?

Tresspassin' be a capital offense in these here parts....well if you're black.

So, in Condor World, trespass=death sentence?

No, In the real world, if you are trespassing and stealing from unoccupied properties and a guy holds a shotgun on you waiting for police to arrive, don't attack the guy with a gun.

But common sense was never a leftist thing.

World Star Hip Hop?

Common sense just isn't a leftist thing. Is it?

If you are trespassing and stealing from private properties and a guy holds a shotgun on your dumb ass after calling 911, but you decide to attack the gun holder, Darwin takes over.

Tresspassin' be a capital offense in these here parts....well if you're black.

I posted in another thread how my husband and I recently went to a new development they are building in my town to look around. We went inside a house that was not finished (door was unlocked). We looked around a few of the houses. I guess I should thank my lucky starts that nobody shot us? Maybe the fact that my former hockey playing husband is pasty white helped us. Apparently in Georgia if you're black, anyone can shoot you for doing just that.

The killers' vigilantism ended in an unarmed man getting shot to death. The gunmen's activity should be illegal.

The death resulted in an unarmed man, trespassing on private property, who decided to attack an armed man with a shot gun.

Darwin wins again

No, In the real world, if you are trespassing and stealing from unoccupied properties and a guy holds a shotgun on you waiting for police to arrive, don't attack the guy with a gun.

I heard the jogger had an Andersen window under his arm.........you have a source for your stealing accusation?

We all knew this would come up, there would be someone found who would agree with those that think trespassing should result in civilians hunting down and killing someone.

I posted in another thread how my husband and I recently went to a new development they are building in my town to look around. We went inside a house that was not finished (door was unlocked). We looked around a few of the houses. I guess I should thank my lucky starts that nobody shot us? Maybe the fact that my former hockey playing husband is pasty white helped us. Apparently in Georgia if you're black, anyone can shoot you for doing just that.

Well they first gotta chase you down in a pick up truck, don't forget that part. Grab the guns, get in the truck, I saw a black man over there!

A former Tucson, Arizona cop who only was on the job for 6 years does not really scream expert on anything, especially when this occurred in Georgia.

Assumptions and his interpretations of Georgia State law are for YouTube likes.

So what you are saying is, if someone saw you, called 911, and pointed a shot gun at you, you would be dumb enough to attack the guy with a gun instead of waiting for police to arrive to sort it out.

Common sense was never attributed to leftist

A former Tucson, Arizona cop who only was on the job for 6 years does not really scream expert on anything, especially when this occurred in Georgia.

Assumptions and his interpretations of Georgia State law are for YouTube likes.

Well he has video to back up his story so theres that.

I heard the jogger had an Andersen window under his arm.........you have a source for your stealing accusation?

Don't need one. It isn't the point. The point is he wasn't a jogger, he was trespassing on private property, they called 911 because of previous thefts, and the guy attacked the guy with a shotgun.

Darwin wins again

An innocent man would have waited for the cops to arrive to sort it out.

World Star Hip Hop?

Beyond that, no video of him doing anything is relevant to whether they had any business trying to play cop using a citizen's arrest statute unless they were actually aware of it at the time.

Remember how right wing media made sure we knew all about Trayvon having gotten in trouble for pot in the past, even though it had nothing to do with what actually happened during his encounter with Zimmerman? This is just more of the same thing.

(Nevermind that every article on this I've seen has its comments section filled with people saying "I used to do that all the time as a kid" (check out construction sites)).

Why is it so important to you to defend two white men who lay in wait with shotguns and ambushed, then murdered, a jogging black man? Were they also "very fine people" or something?

And why on Earth would any video matter unless the two murderers were aware of it at the time? Sounds like you just want to play the defend-by-smear game.

Now, I'm not bothering to research that state's law specifically, but these "citizens arrest" type laws generally require the person doing the arrest to have actually witnessed the person they are trying to arrest commit a crime right in front of them. They're also usually concerned with felonies, not misdemeanors. And they don't authorize you to go around killing people you think committed a crime.

Last edited:

So if Arbery had been carrying a shotgun and he and a friend had been driving in a truck, and Arbery got out of the truck and shot and killed an unarmed Travis McMichael in self defense when Travis grabbed for his gun, you would be on Arbery's side in that case?

We all knew this would come up, there would be someone found who would agree with those that think trespassing should result in civilians hunting down and killing someone.

As much as we knew the idiocy of the left would try and claim another idiot who attacked a guy with a shotgun would be shot for trespassing.

So if Arbery had been carrying a shotgun and he and a friend had been driving in a truck, and Arbery got out of the truck and shot and killed an unarmed Travis McMichael in self defense when Travis grabbed for his gun, you would be on Arbery's side in that case?

My statement wasn't clear enough. Changing the names doesn't change the circumstance.

if you are trespassing and stealing from unoccupied properties and a guy holds a shotgun on you waiting for police to arrive, don't attack the guy with a gun.

Given three guesses, I could have ID’ed the OP...........

So what you are saying is, if someone saw you, called 911, and pointed a shot gun at you, you would be dumb enough to attack the guy with a gun instead of waiting for police to arrive to sort it out.

Common sense was never attributed to leftist

There are plenty of righty's that think it was murder, too.

Common sense dictates that you don't take the law into your hands.

Beyond that, no video of him doing anything is relevant to whether they had any business trying to play cop using a citizen's arrest statute unless they were actually aware of it at the time.

Remember how right wing media made sure we knew all about Trayvon having gotten in trouble for pot in the past, even though it had nothing to do with what actually happened during his encounter with Zimmerman? This is just more of the same thing.

(Nevermind that every article on this I've seen has its comments section filled with people saying "I used to do that all the time as a kid" (check out construction sites)).

Why is it so important to you to defend two white men who lay in wait with shotguns and ambushed, then murdered, a jogging black man? Were they also "very fine people" or something?

And why on Earth would any video matter unless the two murderers were aware of it at the time? Sounds like you just want to play the defend-by-smear game.

You don't get it. There's video proof that he was trespassing, and clearly the father and son duo had knowledge of that. And in Georgia, you can't have a black man trespassing, so why just wait for the cops when you can grab your guns and go tearing after him in your pickup truck? You don't get chances like that often, gotta take advantage.

Back
Top Bottom