• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:4,590] Study Finds Face Masks Didn’t Slow Spread Of Covid-19

Little Evidence Supports Use of Cloth Masks to Limit Spread of Coronavirus: Analysis​

BY ZACHARY STIEBER November 15, 2021 Updated: November 15, 2021

“The remainder of the available clinical evidence is primarily limited to non-randomized observational data, which are subject to confounding,” the researchers said, including accounting for other differences in behavior among those who don’t wear masks.
They did say that there is evidence masks reduce droplet dispersion, though cloth masks are unlikely to capture the particles even if worn properly.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, policymakers cannot wait for higher-quality evidence to support masking, but from an ethical standpoint, they should “refrain from portraying the evidence as stronger than it actually is,” the researchers concluded.
COVID-19 is the disease caused by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus. The CCP virus is also known as the coronavirus, or SARS-CoV-2.
Some outside experts’ views align with the researchers, including Dr. Martin Kulldorff, senior scientific director of the Brownstone Institute.
“The truth is that there has been only two randomized trials of masks for COVID. One was in Denmark, which showed that they might be slightly beneficial, they might be slightly harmful, we don’t really know—the confidence interval kind of crossed zero,” he said. “And then there was another study from Bangladesh where they randomized villagers to masks or no masks. And the efficacy of the masks was for reduction of COVID was something between zero and 18 percent. So either no effect or very minuscule effect.”
Some experts, though, say the existing evidence does support masking recommendations, and several reacted strongly to the new analysis.
The analysis drew some pushback, including from Kimberly Prather, director of the National Science Foundation Center for Aerosol Impacts on Chemistry of the Environment.
Prather noted on Twitter that researchers said masks reduce the amount of virus in the air and believed that ran counter to their conclusions.
Darrow responded by saying the amount of virus in the air was a surrogate, not a clinical endpoint.
“The amount of pathogen in air (to be inhaled) directly determines the dose. This is directly linked to risk,” Prather added. “Or can you explain how less virus in the air could be higher risk? It’s equivalent to saying that less pathogen in drinking water is higher risk so don’t filter water.”
“If the theory diverges from what you see in real life, which one do you believe?” Darrow said.
Yeah.. this has been debunked enough already.

Yeah.. this has been debunked enough already.
Right and these authors reviewed all the evidence on cloth face masks and came to the same conclusion that I did. They provide little or no protection for the wearer.

Not crying at all

Am I still free to spread the flu around?

What have I posted that was disinformation in your expert opinion?.
Oh yeah you are crying..

"making us wear masks for an hour or two when we go to the store is a tantamount to an authoritarian regime".
Right and these authors reviewed all the evidence on cloth face masks and came to the same conclusion that I did. They provide little or no protection for the wearer.
No they didn't. They made the same mistake you did..surprise surprise and confused using a mask for protection with source control.
Look man. Anyone that either cannot see the difference or refuses to in order to obfuscate the issue is not credible.

You seem very confused. The topic here is about the efficacy of face masks and whether or not the government should be forcing people to wear largely useless flimsy face masks in public.
No confusion from this end. You stated: "Am I still free to spread the flu around?" which I directly responded to. You asked a petulant question and now you try deflect from it. Try that crap on someone else. You aren't confused and neither is anyone else as to your agenda. This isn't about whether masks work or not, its about how you feel you are being inconvenienced if you have to wear one.

No confusion from this end. You stated: "Am I still free to spread the flu around?" which I directly responded to. You asked a petulant question and now you try deflect from it. Try that crap on someone else. You aren't confused and neither is anyone else as to your agenda. This isn't about whether masks work or not, its about how you feel you are being inconvenienced if you have to wear one.
I asked: "Am I still free to spread the flu around?" You are pretending my question meant I was intentionally advocating for my ability to spread the flu around. In fact, if you understood my point it was counter jaeger19's argument that because COVID is a communicable infection that spreads from person to person this justifies mandates for wearing largely useless face masks. How so? If the goal was prevent the spread of the Wuhan virus then it seems hypocritical to support mandates to wear largely ineffective face masks to protect the wearer in order to slightly (at best) reduce the risk of other people catch a respiratory virus that may make them very sick and even kill many. Well the flu is a respiratory virus and there are no mandates to wear face masks in supermarkets and it kills tend of thousands Americans every year.

So it was a rhetorical question aimed at exposing his double standard or hypocrisy. Your response makes it clear you did not understand my point. So maybe you do not believe you are confused but clearly you misinterpreted my point. That is reality.

The sad truth is that politics has increasingly led top healthcare bureaucrats to impose authoritarian government mandates on Americans. Those mandates often were based on little or no credible evidence they would benefit society as a whole more than they would be detrimental to most Americans. Dr. Bhattacharya, who was part of the "Great Barrington Declaration" and is a professor of Medicine at Stanford Medical School. Here he explains why this zealous and authoritarian politicization of the pandemic is undermining the confidence of Americans in their government and especially public health officials

Public Trust in Science Shattered by Official Pandemic Response: Dr. Bhattacharya

"Studies have since indicated that the shutdowns were ineffective and that they led to numerous problems, including delayed medical care, a setback in educational achievement, and a rise in mental health problems. For instance, a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) study in August 2020 found that 25 percent of young American adults considered suicide over the previous month, with adults reporting “considerably elevated adverse mental health conditions.”" Dr. Bhattacharya

Google The Great Barrington Declaration and/or read this interview to better understand Dr. Bhattacharya's perspective that happens to be very similar to my own here:

The thread that started with a blatant lie continues the trend.

The benefits of mandates for vaccines, flimsy masks, and even lock downs is looking less and less science-based and more faith-based and authoritarian all the time. Who would have guessed government healthcare bureaucrats and the government may have been irrationally exuberant about all three!?!? Here's another perspective on them from Dr. Alexander:

Could Boosters Backfire?—Dr. Paul Alexander on Booster Shots, Natural Immunity, and the Failures of Lockdowns | PART 1

Could Boosters Backfire?—Dr. Paul Alexander on Booster Shots, Natural Im...​

“We do not know how the immune system is going to react to so much boosting. Why? Because ...

And here is yet another reason to question the oft claimed safety of mRNA vaccines and especially the wisdom of Federal government mandating these vaccines for everyone as a safe and effective way to deal with SARS-CoV2:

"The study author concluded that “mRNA [vaccines] dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination.”

Reference

Gundry SR. mRNA COVID vaccines dramatically increase endothelial inflammatory markers and ACS risk as measured by the PULS cardiac test: a warning. Presented at: AHA Scientific Sessions 2021; November 13-15, 2021. Poster VMP41.

More here: https://www.thecardiologyadvisor.co...syndrome-acs-biomarkers-mrna-covid19-vaccine/

The benefits of mandates for vaccines, flimsy masks, and even lock downs is looking less and less science-based and more faith-based and authoritarian all the time. Who would have guessed government healthcare bureaucrats and the government may have been irrationally exuberant about all three!?!? Here's another perspective on them from Dr. Alexander:

Could Boosters Backfire?—Dr. Paul Alexander on Booster Shots, Natural Immunity, and the Failures of Lockdowns | PART 1

Could Boosters Backfire?—Dr. Paul Alexander on Booster Shots, Natural Im...​

“We do not know how the immune system is going to react to so much boosting. Why? Because ...

This thread started with a lie and continues with disinformation.....

This thread started with a lie and continues with disinformation.....
Yet again I see you express an opinion that you cannot back up objective verifiable evidence and logical arguments as I have done. If you cannot defend your questionable opinions with credible evidence and logical arguments why would you think anyone would take your posts seriously?

Yet again I see you express an opinion that you cannot back up objective verifiable evidence and logical arguments as I have done. If you cannot defend your questionable opinions with credible evidence and logical arguments why would you think anyone would take your posts seriously?

I have defended my statements many, many times.

There comes a point where trying to get through to people reaches the point of diminishing returns.

To quote Jetho Tull:

I can make you feel
But I can't make you think

I have defended my statements many, many times.
Yes but almost every time your defense of your position has been as out of sync with reality as this one was.
There comes a point where trying to get through to people reaches the point of diminishing returns.
Well I know what you mean as attempting to debate a true zealot is rather pointless. Faith-based or "woke" political zealots appear immune to verifiable evidence and logical arguments. Ignorance and laziness seems to be the modus operandi of the Woke folks.

Yes but almost every time your defense of your position has been as out of sync with reality as this one was.

Well I know what you mean as attempting to debate a true zealot is rather pointless. Faith-based or "woke" political zealots appear immune to verifiable evidence and logical arguments. Ignorance and laziness seems to be the modus operandi of the Woke folks.

Wrong on so many levels.

I am tired of trying to teach the unreachable.

You don't care about reality. All you want to do is blame others and rant semi coherently about "woke" or "liberals" while ignoring science and logic.

Wrong on so many levels.
If you cannot say how and why it is wrong then you are more likely the one who is wrong.
I am tired of trying to teach the unreachable.
If I were you I'd have figured out debating me only ends up making it appear you do not know much about this topic.
You don't care about reality.
That is a lie.
All you want to do is blame others and rant semi coherently about "woke" or "liberals" while ignoring science and logic.
Actually my post are in sync with science and logic and yours are often not even semi-coherent - like this one.

If you cannot say how and why it is wrong then you are more likely the one who is wrong.

If I were you I'd have figured out debating me only ends up making it appear you do not know much about this topic.

That is a lie.

Actually my post are in sync with science and logic and yours are often not even semi-coherent - like this one.

More prattle. No substance.

According to video footage posted online, crowds of people were seen demonstrating against the vaccine mandate in Salzburg and other Austrian cities, criticizing the “lying media” on Saturday. More protests occurred Sunday, footage shows.

Interior Minister Karl Nehammer said there will be thorough police checks and fines of up to 1,450 euros ($1,660) for breaches, and all interactions with the police will include checking people’s vaccination status. The move drew considerable condemnation online, with some commentators noting that it would severely limit freedom of movement for potentially millions of people.

“As of tomorrow, every citizen, every person who lives in Austria must be aware that they can be checked by the police,” Nehammer told the news conference.

Showing an official COVID-19 pass proving that you have been vaccinated, recovered from COVID-19, or recently tested has been required for months in various places including restaurants, theaters, cafes, and hairdressers.

In nearby Germany, despite having its “2G” vaccine pass system in place for months now, COVID-19 cases surged to their highest levels last week. More than 50,000 cases were confirmed by health officials.

German Chancellor-in-waiting Olaf Scholz told Parliament on Thursday that new measures are needed “to get through this winter … we must shelter our country from the winter.” Also, government spokesman Steffen Seibert was quoted by VOA News as saying that the virus is “spreading dramatically” and asserted that a “quick and unified response” was needed.

Maybe we should just take all those evil folks refusing to get vaccinated (even if they have naturally acquired active immunity) and send them off to concentration camps?
AVvXsEixg3dOTTXg8L_jOE05cvOhBunK-bqCJqEY7vG6CYTapMd8_hFEK9d-I5fm0eVNN7o83svfXeEyXLE7iVCRCuSFeRk-JIcslxKaFOZQC_5goAoVbmRbfD8upIcYnvoYC9GFVA7ywHHjcCkGlaE5hPgztpjfkYCx-NYAgwYrExeDYxxb8_EQJA

Mask don’t work as I stated in #1. To that point it is completely ludicrous to mandate mask on flight to areas where mask wearing isn’t prevalent or required.

Where is the benefit?

Post #1 was a lie and still is.
Have any input about what sense it makes to make Harry wear a mask on his flight to Nashville only to throw it in the trash outside the airport?

The sad truth is that politics has increasingly led top healthcare bureaucrats to impose authoritarian government mandates on Americans. Those mandates often were based on little or no credible evidence they would benefit society as a whole more than they would be detrimental to most Americans. Dr. Bhattacharya, who was part of the "Great Barrington Declaration" and is a professor of Medicine at Stanford Medical School. Here he explains why this zealous and authoritarian politicization of the pandemic is undermining the confidence of Americans in their government and especially public health officials

Public Trust in Science Shattered by Official Pandemic Response: Dr. Bhattacharya

"Studies have since indicated that the shutdowns were ineffective and that they led to numerous problems, including delayed medical care, a setback in educational achievement, and a rise in mental health problems. For instance, a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) study in August 2020 found that 25 percent of young American adults considered suicide over the previous month, with adults reporting “considerably elevated adverse mental health conditions.”" Dr. Bhattacharya

Google The Great Barrington Declaration and/or read this interview to better understand Dr. Bhattacharya's perspective that happens to be very similar to my own here:

Ah yes, the Great Barrington Declaration. A small bunch of outliers whose stupid pronouncements hit the headlines for a couple of days, and who believe 'herd immunity' which failed spectacularly in Sweden, is the way to go. I understand Dr. Stella 'Demon Sperm' Immanuel is a big fan...

Back
Top Bottom